Brandon Snyder to get the call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Brandon Snyder gets the call

No link yet, but Morales to DL and the word is Snyder will be the call up.

26yr old Snyder, who can play either corner IF position, is batting .267 with 10HR and 37RBI and a bunch of K's.

edit: WMB sent down, Ross transferred to 60-day DL to open roster spot for Snyder...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Brandon Snyder to get the call

In response to southpaw777's comment:

26yr old Snyder, who can play either corner IF position, is batting .267 with 10HR and 37RBI and a bunch of K's.

Middlebrooks is going down. Should be a pitcher coming to replace Morales. Mortensen ? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

David Ross has been switched to the 60-day DL to make room for Snyder on the 40-man

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

Middlebrooks is going down. Should be a pitcher coming to replace Morales. Mortensen ? 

[/QUOTE]

Mort is still on the 15-day DL, so my guess is either RDLR or DeLaTorre

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I don't think it's RDLR, even though he may be the best pitcher in AAA right now.

I think they are committed to him being a starter and he is on an innings limit right now, they need someone who can go past the 5th 6th.  They could hypothetically move him to the pen down the stretch but I don't think they want to mess with him while he's recovering from surgery. 

I thnk it's DeLatorre. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I don't think it's RDLR, even though he may be the best pitcher in AAA right now.

I think they are committed to him being a starter and he is on an innings limit right now, they need someone who can go past the 5th 6th.  They could hypothetically move him to the pen down the stretch but I don't think they want to mess with him while he's recovering from surgery. 

I thnk it's DeLatorre. 

Yeah, I agree. Those were the 2 logical choices with DLT being the more logical one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

I thnk it's DeLatorre. 

Yeah, I agree. Those were the 2 logical choices with DLT being the more logical one.

[/QUOTE]

Although I admit I'm torn on the issue.  If I could look into a crystal ball and see that RDLR will enevitably move to the pen then I'd call him up and move him to the pen in a heart beat.....he could be a late inning guy by the end of the season and could be on equal ground with a big trade......but hindsight is always 20/20 now isn't it. I like DLT

Of course if they were to bring up a starter and move him to the pen Workman might be the guy as well.  Most scouts think he is bound for the pen anyways with his mechancis and we have plenty of pitching depth.  Plus amazing control with a plus Cutter.......can you think of a guy who has had a successful career with that repertoire???? One Mr. Rivera! ok I know I know pump the brakes thats too much but I do think Workman could be very good out of the pen.

But that would require a move to put him on the 40 so that's out of the question, but in a month from now once they clear out some space on the 40 he might be one of the first guys to get the call. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I read that the Sox are waiting until tomorrow to DL Morales, at which time Mortenson is eligible to return.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

[QUOTE]

I read that the Sox are waiting until tomorrow to DL Morales, at which time Mortenson is eligible to return.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kimmi Wink I knew Mort was due to come off soon, but as of today hes still on the DL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Looks like Webster will be getting another start Friday

Alex Speier @alexspeier 

Allen Webster will start again on Friday. Sox wanted some continuity rather than constantly shuffling guys up and down

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

David Ross has been switched to the 60-day DL to make room for Snyder on the 40-man

Wow. Bad news for Ross. Guess the head trauma was worse than reported. At least Lavarnway will get a chance to prove himself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

Wow. Bad news for Ross. Guess the head trauma was worse than reported. At least Lavarnway will get a chance to prove himself.

[/QUOTE]

2 concussions within a month is never good. I think they figured he was going to be out a while anyway and needed a roster spot for Snyder. I wish him well and a full recovery. He should be available mid August...This is what I always mean when I say a lot can happen in a few weeks.

Hopefully Lavarnway will ba able handle a PT catching role. Playing 1 or 2 times a week isnt the easiest thing to do when you've been playing FT.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Sox will call up Beato for 1 day and will send him back for Mortensen tomorrow, when hes available to come off the 15-day DL.