1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Brandon Workman to start on SUNDAY, what does it mean?

JBJ, Bogey, and Webster are going nowhere.

seriously?

What does it mean? It means Workman will get a start on Sunday. Thats it. Your trying too hard to create something that isnt there. BC is NOT seelling off the future.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

He will throw the first pitch of the game for the sox.

why does everything have to go all JFK?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

JBJ, Bogey, and Webster are going nowhere.

seriously?

What does it mean? It means Workman will get a start on Sunday. Thats it. Your trying too hard to create something that isnt there. BC is NOT seelling off the future.

Actually, I think it means 11 other pitchers won't start.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

It means the Sox should hope Colon has a bad day and they can put up a lot of runs against him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Part of it also could be that if Workman is ineffective, the whole bullpen is available since they all get the ASB offafterwards anyway.  Last gsme before ASB is a great time for MLB debuts...

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I will be at the game sitting three rows behind the A's dugout trying to yell all the way across the field at Lester.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

specifically think it means Aceves not ready to pitch again in 2 days after quickly leaving game the other night afterall as farrell predicted he would be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

methinks webster ordinary is done at the mlb level til september. likely wright will start next if aceves still isnt 100%.. pretty soon de la rosa will b in the mix and others.. can see webster, bradley and boergarts being part of a trade for one STANTON.

Nuh uh.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I will be at the game sitting three rows behind the A's dugout trying to yell all the way across the field at Lester.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

In Fenway, those are the tickets of a lifetime.  In Oakland, there may not even be people sitting next to you or behind you.

And I don't really know why.  I've only been there once, and it is a nice little ballpark.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If Workman turns out to be something , can't you see the fan club on the Green Monster....A bunch of people wearing blue Dickies, hardhats and workboots, carrying toolboxes.

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox613. Show sox613's posts

why would anyone want to trade any of those three for stanton . I ny opion the redsox are so so strong because of their depth  I beleive that Middlebrooks wil fix himself and be our first baseman long term  that still leaves us igelais garricini and boegarts to mnan 2 positions on the left side long term   until elsbury is signed and even if he does we still need another top fflight outfielder long term, so that would take jbj out of the mix  I know that webster has been less then stellar too but he is young and full of talent   through all their injuries this year the sox have gotten more then adequate play from their farm in iglesias -snyder-holt-jbj  that has been their biggest luxury   they just obtained a respectable lh in thorthon for a tier 2 prospect at best   stanton for that package is a no no   if will does become our 1b do u really think for a second that stanton will produce that much more from a will middlebrooks   I guess what I am saying is stanton going to produce more then jbj-websterwebster and boegarts    I think not      the sox have young stars down there   I say keep them and start a very strong core of young players   I see no need at this time to trade any of them for a 1b especially   stay the 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to sox613's comment:

why would anyone want to trade any of those three for stanton . I ny opion the redsox are so so strong because of their depth  I beleive that Middlebrooks wil fix himself and be our first baseman long term  that still leaves us igelais garricini and boegarts to mnan 2 positions on the left side long term   until elsbury is signed and even if he does we still need another top fflight outfielder long term, so that would take jbj out of the mix  I know that webster has been less then stellar too but he is young and full of talent   through all their injuries this year the sox have gotten more then adequate play from their farm in iglesias -snyder-holt-jbj  that has been their biggest luxury   they just obtained a respectable lh in thorthon for a tier 2 prospect at best   stanton for that package is a no no   if will does become our 1b do u really think for a second that stanton will produce that much more from a will middlebrooks   I guess what I am saying is stanton going to produce more then jbj-websterwebster and boegarts    I think not      the sox have young stars down there   I say keep them and start a very strong core of young players   I see no need at this time to trade any of them for a 1b especially   stay the 

I agree that that deal for Stanton will not, and should not happen.
    Garricini? I see you combined his 1st and last name togive him a new name.Wink Its Garin Cecchini.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In response to crix's comment:

It means the Sox should hope Colon has a bad day and they can put up a lot of runs against him.

Colon is an All Star. In the Thursday USA Today, Christine Brennan wrote that proven cheats such as Colon should not be in the game. He got his 50 days, but being a conspiracy theorist myself, I agree with Brennan. Adios Colon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox613. Show sox613's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to sox613's comment:

I agree that that deal for Stanton will not, and should not happen.
    Garricini? I see you combined his 1st and last name togive him a new name.WinkIts Garin Cecchini.

my error  I really do look at the sox prospects page regularly  this is a very good team that has proved that chemistry is pulling us through aa lot of games that we would have lost in the past  we are playing good ball  we r running the bases good  we r being coached very very well  we have players to cherry pick from to fill in for injuries  we are strong right now  lets stay that way and use all our chips very carefully  we are an organization that is built for long t

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

methinks webster ordinary is done at the mlb level til september. likely wright will start next if aceves still isnt 100%.. pretty soon de la rosa will b in the mix and others.. can see webster, bradley and boergarts being part of a trade for one STANTON.

It means they have to find out, soon, if he's going to help them the rest of the year. He has great stuff, so let's see some of it. Lester is iffy, and Buchholz is getting closer and closer to be "iffy", as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I'm hoping for a " Workmanlike" effort. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

You lost me at "methinks".  You don't.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

It means we are in trouble looking ahead at the  toughness of August, Sept and post-season... It means we cannot pass July 31 empty handed, with 20 games above .500 at this point...it means we must keep Bog and JBJ off limits, while putting anyone else available for some pennant clinching trades... Not excluding some questionable regulars... Plus sound Cash Consideration... i am sure that is what Henry, luchino and BC must and will doI...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

just got in - did i just read that scoreboard correctly?

As always - 100% correct!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

CARAMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As always - 100% correct!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Let's not see or hear any more about Wen\bster; this guy Workman is a PITCHER! And please, stop talking about Garza. That slot is now filled!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

If Workman can do this two more times there should be no reason to go after Garza and lose any top prospects.

The issue of a trade for Garza is that Theo knows exactly what the RS kids can do and not do.

Love the Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year.

Sections
Shortcuts