Braun could make more sense than Stanton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Braun could make more sense than Stanton?

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know most of you dream about Stanton but the Marlins "unlike the Brewers" will want mostly youngsters they don't need to pay much to in return.  How about this offer for Braun if the Brewers are willing to listen.  Hopefully some of you have forgiven Ryan for his PED use and realize the Sox may have also had players on them over the years.  Ryan has a reasonable contract through 2020 with a mutual option for 2021.  He could give us that steady every day bat and above average glove in RF for many years.  I would sign Lester first and foremost, then offer the Brewers Buchholz, Victorino and Holt for Braun straight up, or even another young arm if necessary like Barnes, Webster or Renaudo thrown in the mix.  Shane would drop off their books after next season if they wanted to use his 13mil differently.  Buchholz could give the Brewers three years of much improved SP if they choose to pick up his 2016 &17 options and Clay can stay somewhat healthy while Holt possibly improves LF for them offensively.  Having Braun would give a few kids more time to develop and give Papi some protection with Rubby taking Clays spot in the rotation.  We could also offer the Brewers Cecchini or Middy instead of Holt but they really don't need a 3B until after Ramirez leaves after 2015.

NEW LINEUP

Betts LF, Pede 2B, Papi DH, Braun RF, Nap or Middy 1B, Bogy or Middy 3B, Vasquez or Swihart C, Bogy or Marrero SS, JBJ CF

If people want to give Middy another shot to solidify 3B or 1B without losing half our young talent for Stanton it seems like a decent risk/trade for both clubs.  We should have enough coming off the books to re-sign Lester, bring in Braun and still have decent subs like Nava, Marrero and others.

[/QUOTE]

Well...the "craze" part of your name is right...that's about it.

It's truly sad to witness RS nation being reduced to suggestions like this one.

Next season can't get here soon enough...and BTW, Lester is walking so don't get all wrapped up about it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

I know most of you dream about Stanton but the Marlins "unlike the Brewers" will want mostly youngsters they don't need to pay much to in return.  How about this offer for Braun if the Brewers are willing to listen.  Hopefully some of you have forgiven Ryan for his PED use and realize the Sox may have also had players on them over the years.  Ryan has a reasonable contract through 2020 with a mutual option for 2021.  He could give us that steady every day bat and above average glove in RF for many yearsI would sign Lester first and foremost, then offer the Brewers Buchholz, Victorino and Holt for Braun straight up, or even another young arm if necessary like Barnes, Webster or Renaudo thrown in the mix.  Shane would drop off their books after next season if they wanted to use his 13mil differently.  Buchholz could give the Brewers three years of much improved SP if they choose to pick up his 2016 &17 options and Clay can stay somewhat healthy while Holt possibly improves LF for them offensively.  Having Braun would give a few kids more time to develop and give Papi some protection with Rubby taking Clays spot in the rotation.  We could also offer the Brewers Cecchini or Middy instead of Holt but they really don't need a 3B until after Ramirez leaves after 2015.

NEW LINEUP

Betts LF, Pede 2B, Papi DH, Braun RF, Nap or Middy 1B, Bogy or Middy 3B, Vasquez or Swihart C, Bogy or Marrero SS, JBJ CF

If people want to give Middy another shot to solidify 3B or 1B without losing half our young talent for Stanton it seems like a decent risk/trade for both clubs.  We should have enough coming off the books to re-sign Lester, bring in Braun and still have decent subs like Nava, Marrero and others.

[/QUOTE]

Or he could leave the Red Sox holding the bag after his next suspension, which could be a very long one.  Too many doubts and question marks to build a team around a player of such dubious character.  And yes, Manny was just as bad, if not worse.  But Manny probably did his juicing with the Red Sox when there was less scrutiny.  And though he performed, he went through his annual tiresome public drama.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

lobbying other posters against you? seriously? 

But by all means please assume I am attacking you and lobbying others against you over the facts that Braun cheats, lies, and seeks to ruin a mans life.... by all means 

[/QUOTE]

Hey RIG,

To paraphrase Charles Barkley,none of these mercenaries are role models. Even Jeter is a slug.

[/QUOTE]

rigatoni a real man would tell the board what his original screen name was if you really claim to know me that well.  Maybe then everyone can make their own assessment of your past history here.  I have only had one screen name which is crazy4sox so please help us out here with your alias.

[/QUOTE]

Why are you responding to my post if you're trying to communicate with Rig?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

But by all means please assume I am attacking you and lobbying others against you over the facts that Braun cheats, lies, and seeks to ruin a mans life.... by all means 

[/QUOTE]

Hey RIG,

To paraphrase Charles Barkley,none of these mercenaries are role models. Even Jeter is a slug.

[/QUOTE]

rigatoni a real man would tell the board what his original screen name was if you really claim to know me that well.  Maybe then everyone can make their own assessment of your past history here.  I have only had one screen name which is crazy4sox so please help us out here with your alias.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

rigatoni claimed to know me for quite some yet he has only been under his current screen name since March.  All I am asking is for him to uncover to the board his previous screen name so we can all critique the guy hiding behind the mask.  He was also kicked off the board a couple months back for bashing me until begging his way back through the MODS.  How about it rigatoni?  Man up and tell us all who you were originally that also got banned.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey RIG,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

rigatoni claimed to know me for quite some yet he has only been under his current screen name since March.  All I am asking is for him to uncover to the board his previous screen name so we can all critique the guy hiding behind the mask.  He was also kicked off the board a couple months back for bashing me until begging his way back through the MODS.  How about it rigatoni?  Man up and tell us all who you were originally that also got banned.

[/QUOTE]

He ain't hiding behind a mask.  He's been on a menu of ethnic food the entire time with "T" attached.  He's just recently switched from Mexican to Italian.  In the future, I expect to see zitiT and manicottiT.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

ZitiT sounds too much like ZIT.... and I had those when I was a kid... bad memories.

craze you make statements that sound like you are speaking for the board... like telling me more people might respect me if... or more people would be my buddy if.....

as a poster you continually make large bids for the team to go get Stanton and now Braun... I would suppose you have wanted King Felix in the past, and soon will want Trout.

Outlandish acquisition ideas don't get my respect.... now that you have established how important board member respect is to you...

As far as this thread goes you want to acquire a known cheater, liar, and devious soul.... and yet I am the one lacking respect and ideas in your opinion...

I think I would win the court case on this one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

ZitiT sounds too much like ZIT.... and I had those when I was a kid... bad memories.

craze you make statements that sound like you are speaking for the board... like telling me more people might respect me if... or more people would be my buddy if.....

as a poster you continually make large bids for the team to go get Stanton and now Braun... I would suppose you have wanted King Felix in the past, and soon will want Trout.

Outlandish acquisition ideas don't get my respect.... now that you have established how important board member respect is to you...

As far as this thread goes you want to acquire a known cheater, liar, and devious soul.... and yet I am the one lacking respect and ideas in your opinion...

I think I would win the court case on this one.

All I asked you to do is "man up" and tell everyone who you were before if you claim to know me so well.   Hiding under rigatoniT and making ridiculous accusations doesn't earn anyone's respect.  Most of us have had the same screen names since day one and never been kicked off the board like you because we know, accept and understand fellow posters pretty well without disrespecting each other intentionally. 

Braun was a cheater yes and it could happen again so it may not be in our best interest to trade for him but a Stanton type simply won't happen without losing our top prospects.  At some point we need to find a fit that allows us to keep a core of our youngsters but still upgrade the team with a big bat.  If our plan is to wait until we dump the contracts of guys like Peavy, Nap, Lackey, Papi that's fine but it will take a few years to get this team competitive enough to challenge for another tile again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

No. 

1. Don't want to get rid of Holt

2. Can't stand Braun, didn't like him at all even before the ped issue, he's a cocky jerk. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No. 

1. Don't want to get rid of Holt

2. Can't stand Braun, didn't like him at all even before the ped issue, he's a cocky jerk. 

[/QUOTE]

What would you like to see happen with our present core of players examiner? 

Do you feel our youngsters will grow and/or help us compete while Papi is still here?  I don't see us making any solid moves until we lose salaries like Peavy, Lackey or possibly Clay but unfortunately we have no young major league ready arms outside of possibly Rubby.  I also don't think it's in our best interest to let Lester walk do you?  Nap and Victorino are also tying up a great deal of cash and neither will probably help our cause much next season.  Shanes injury has been reoccurring for quite some time so I personally don't see it going away.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I know most of you dream about Stanton but the Marlins "unlike the Brewers" will want mostly youngsters they don't need to pay much to in return.  How about this offer for Braun if the Brewers are willing to listen.  Hopefully some of you have forgiven Ryan for his PED use and realize the Sox may have also had players on them over the years.  Ryan has a reasonable contract through 2020 with a mutual option for 2021.  He could give us that steady every day bat and above average glove in RF for many years.  I would sign Lester first and foremost, then offer the Brewers Buchholz, Victorino and Holt for Braun straight up, or even another young arm if necessary like Barnes, Webster or Renaudo thrown in the mix.  Shane would drop off their books after next season if they wanted to use his 13mil differently.  Buchholz could give the Brewers three years of much improved SP if they choose to pick up his 2016 &17 options and Clay can stay somewhat healthy while Holt possibly improves LF for them offensively.  Having Braun would give a few kids more time to develop and give Papi some protection with Rubby taking Clays spot in the rotation.  We could also offer the Brewers Cecchini or Middy instead of Holt but they really don't need a 3B until after Ramirez leaves after 2015.

NEW LINEUP

[/QUOTE]

Put Braun on this team and I'm done watching.

[/QUOTE]

Well I guess you must have really hated watching Manny help us win two WC's.   We have a few options at the moment.

#1 Build a team full of youngsters that hopefully develop enough to help us contend in the next few years while Nap and Papi fade into the darkness.

#2 Trade half our young talent for a Stanton type centerpiece

#3 Add another bat or two using a little creativity while keeping most of our youngsters and watching Papi's enjoy his last couple of years on a real contender. 

I choose #3 

[/QUOTE]

As soon as Manny's misdeeds came to light, i wanted him gone, thanks for asking.

You may be fine with a major league DB on your team, but I'm not.

He's one step below A-Rod on the DB ladder.

[/QUOTE]

I have but one word for this post - well, actually three.

yes, Yes and YES!!

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to these big $$ contracts are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players. 

End of story. 

And in Braun's case he's a DOUBLE DB, once for using and once for his actions in trying to squirm out of it.

[object HTMLDivElement]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

"Again, moon, you did what we all expected by choosing only the decent pitchers we have faced and leaving out the others we lost to, or simply struggled with. You and harness are so predictable to everyone with your excuses. This is why many of us don't participate in your threads.

You simply think too highly of your own point of view.

By now!" craze4sox

There are tons of posts like this from a  couple of years back... 

"Moon, you are wasting UR time with this Yale man clown.
    He's a shallow panic who doesn't understand the simplest concept:

Good pitching stops good hitting.

He doesn't appear on the more informative threads because he'd be up river w/o a paddle."  harness

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/offense-out-of-sync/100/5984902" rel="nofollow">http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/offense-out-of-sync/100/5984902

I highly suggest craze you read this entire thread, a thread you made.... then shut your trap... my comments to you were related to your baseball ideas... it took all of three minutes to find this thread, one of many, with the long long history you had involving harness and moon. 

Your comments towards me are identical to those you made then towards others... stop acting like you know everything and stop talking like you speak for the board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

NEW LINEUP

[/QUOTE]

Put Braun on this team and I'm done watching.

[/QUOTE]

And what makes anyone think the Brewer's who are finally a real contender in the NL want to trade a centerpiece player like Braun away. Signed through 2020 and likely will be here in Milwaukee through most of this contract it seems local have forgiven Braun for his past issues.

While we're pretending maybe the Sox should reincarnate, Ted Williams in left, Willie Mays to play CF and bring back Dewey.

Hetch

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Agree on Braun being a dirtbag...yeah, he apologized, but what else was he supposed to do after being caught red-handed a second time?

Throw in Stanton being 6 years younger and there's no contest.

I don't know if we'll end up with Stanton, but I know we have the farm to make a deal and the $$ to keep him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

NEW LINEUP

[/QUOTE]

Braun is a true loser. He got caught but then tried blaming others for his failed test.  Is he talented, yes but I'd pass

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

NEW LINEUP

[/QUOTE]

Braun is a true loser. He got caught but then tried blaming others for his failed test.  Is he talented, yes but I'd pass

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Getting bagged for PEDs is one thing.

His conduct after testing positive is a whole 'nother thing.

I wouldn't have been thrilled if the Sox had signed Cruz this off season, but I probably could have lived with it.

I just can't stomach guys like Braun.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I said it before and I'll say it again...

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.