Braun's Apology - UGH

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Re: Braun's Apology - UGH

In response to slasher9's comment:

sorry, i was just trying to explain why the typical fan cares when it comes to baseball but doesnt care when it comes to football.  the fact remains, we dont care in football.  we still like them when they come back from their 4 game suspensions. 

and no, other than maybe the fan of that particular team/player - no one cares about #'s in football.

did you know who held the previous records? 

the only semi meaningful record in football is the single season rushing mark.  and even that is relatively unknown except last year when AP got very close to it.  the sack record is a joke.  favre fell to the ground to give it to him.  do you know who held it previously?

everyone in the world knew who held the single season HR record prior to sosa-mcgwire season.  everone knows the last player to bat .400.  everyone knows the all time hit leader.  everyone knows who played the most consecutive games.  i couldnt even care who played the most games in the nfl consecutively. 

the only thing i do know is that for these reasons, we care that our players in baseball used steroids and ruined the numbers. 

I get what your saying for sure but this

we still like them when they come back from their 4 game suspensions.

I can`t stand the venomous evil comments and articles I read about baseball players while football players get a free pass. Doesnt seem fair

BTW in terms of Records, weren`t the previous holder Manning for TD`s, Sapp for Sacks, and Rice for TD, can`t remember the TE record holder.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

[QUOTE]

sorry, i was just trying to explain why the typical fan cares when it comes to baseball but doesnt care when it comes to football.  the fact remains, we dont care in football.  we still like them when they come back from their 4 game suspensions. 

and no, other than maybe the fan of that particular team/player - no one cares about #'s in football.

the only semi meaningful record in football is the single season rushing mark.  and even that is relatively unknown except last year when AP got very close to it.  the sack record is a joke.  favre fell to the ground to give it to him.  do you know who held it previously?

everyone in the world knew who held the single season HR record prior to sosa-mcgwire season.  everone knows the last player to bat .400.  everyone knows the all time hit leader.  everyone knows who played the most consecutive games.  i couldnt even care who played the most games in the nfl consecutively. 

the only thing i do know is that for these reasons, we care that our players in baseball used steroids and ruined the numbers. 

I can`t stand the venomous evil comments and articles I read about baseball players while football players get a free pass. Doesnt seem fair

BTW in terms of Records, weren`t the previous holder Manning for TD`s, Sapp for Sacks, and Rice for TD, can`t remember the TE record holder.

[/QUOTE]

Guys like Clemens, Bonds, A-rod and Braun aren't being vilified just for being PED users.

It's the lengths that they went to, to convince people they were innocent.

Right now, A-Rod and Braun are, by far, the worst of the bunch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Guys like Clemens, Bonds, A-rod and Braun aren't being vilified just for being PED users.

It's the lengths that they went to, to convince people they were innocent.

Right now, A-Rod and Braun are, by far, the worst of the bunch.

Another thing I don't get. It seems as soon as somebody confess`s they are forgiven by main stream media and the public (Giambi, Pettite) I don`t give a crap if somebody denies it or confesses. They took the darn substance and thats that. What the heck is this, baseball church???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I would have a 1,000 times more respect for a player if they just came out and said

"yup....I did steriods.  It was bad judgment, I wasn't thinking clearly at the time.  I was only thinking about myself and trying to get better so I stuck a needle into my butt 3 times a week (or swallowed a pill) and got stronger, faster, and recovered quicker.  I thought I could get away with it, I wanted an edge, and didn't care about anything else.  All I can do now is apologize, play the game right and understand that I will never have the forgiveness of many of the fans.  I will from here on out try to be the best ball player I can be clean and hope and pray that NO ONE follows my footsteps.  I'am a cheater, and I got caught.  I'm grateful to still have the oppurtunity to come back and play the game I love the right way"

I think any steriod user that says that would be critisized but would be much more respected 10 years down the line than any of these guys. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I would have a 1,000 times more respect for a player if they just came out and said

"yup....I did steriods.  It was bad judgment, I wasn't thinking clearly at the time.  I was only thinking about myself and trying to get better so I stuck a needle into my butt 3 times a week (or swallowed a pill) and got stronger, faster, and recovered quicker.  I thought I could get away with it, I wanted an edge, and didn't care about anything else.  All I can do now is apologize, play the game right and understand that I will never have the forgiveness of many of the fans.  I will from here on out try to be the best ball player I can be clean and hope and pray that NO ONE follows my footsteps.  I'am a cheater, and I got caught.  I'm grateful to still have the oppurtunity to come back and play the game I love the right way"

That would be a nice change.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm not a perfect person, a lot of people aren't.  I'm no saint, but I've learned one thing that I've stood by my whole life.

When you F up...you man up. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

yes, public perception after a while may be better for those that said that but no one tainted will ever sniff HOF. 

regardless it is obvious teams will still spend an asinine amount of $$ on proven steroid users so there really is no incentive at this point for players not to do them until they are caught 2 times....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

yes, public perception after a while may be better for those that said that but no one tainted will ever sniff HOF. 

regardless it is obvious teams will still spend an asinine amount of $$ on proven steroid users so there really is no incentive at this point for players not to do them until they are caught 2 times....

I'm just playing devils advocate here but what are the odds that there are players in the HOF now who have been PED users?  I'd say pretty high.  Performance enhancing drugs have been in the sport for a long long time and has only really become an issue over the last decade....because MLB wanted to make it an issue.  Granted taking drugs out of the sport is likely the right thing to do but I have a hard time believing that there aren't a few guys in the hall now that were using something. 

I'm not trying to make a case for some of these guys like Bonds and Clemens.....but perhaps it's just some food for thought. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm just playing devils advocate here but what are the odds that there are players in the HOF now who have been PED users?  I'd say pretty high.  Performance enhancing drugs have been in the sport for a long long time and has only really become an issue over the last decade....because MLB wanted to make it an issue.  Granted taking drugs out of the sport is likely the right thing to do but I have a hard time believing that there aren't a few guys in the hall now that were using something. 

I'm not trying to make a case for some of these guys like Bonds and Clemens.....but perhaps it's just some food for thought. 

[/QUOTE]

You can trace Steroid use, in sports,  all the way back to the 70's Steelers teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

rickey henderson for one.  he was who Canseco reffered to when he said there is definitely one HoFer that used.  and as much as a clown he is - everything Canseco has said has turned out to be true.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

rickey henderson for one.  he was who Canseco reffered to when he said there is definitely one HoFer that used.  and as much as a clown he is - everything Canseco has said has turned out to be true.....

true, but i only extend him but so much credit, while you did turn out to be right, you also began profitting from a culture you helped foster...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

When Brees broke the Unitas TD streak record (known as the football version of the DiMaggio streak, not the other way around); hardly anyone noticed. If somebody was threatening DiMaggio, it would be the top story daily.

BTW I met DiMaggio at a card show; he may have been a great ballplayer, but the opposite as a person.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to sateffs' comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Claims he took a lozenge for an injury in 2011; also that he realized the error of his ways and seeked a 2nd meeting with MLB to confess; this is untrue, this 2nd mtg was due to the evidence MLB had on him via the Biogenesis scandal. Also, the usual nonsense as so eloquently articulated by a hired writer.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130822&content_id=57973458&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

He is a liar just like Clemens, Pettitte, Giambi, Posada, Swisher, Tex, Gardner, Granderson and all the rest

[/QUOTE]what did Gardner lie about??..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Free Baseball lesson for you: Baseball is a numbers sport. In baseball we cherish statistics. we love numbers. we can compare players that our grandfathers watched play to the players that our sons watch play. because? statistics. Steroids has tainted that.Football fans couldn't possibly care less about any numbers besides W's & L's.

free lesson over.

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:\\

A Free Baseball lesson for you: you can't compare players that our grandfathers watched play to the players that our sons watch play. because?

the game has changed so much over the yrs

one must acknowledge those differences when they compare different eras

different rules GR doubles used to be HR

different size parks, gloves, mound

different player pools

much much more but the point is this is just another era

but that's it for todays free lesson

lol zac.  so you never say that babe ruth was the GOAT??? 

I have

or compared mays to junior?

nope

or complained that maris / ruth / aaron are the "true" HR leaders?

not with out mentioning maris had more games per season than ruth

actually I'm one of those  that is leaning towards aaron was a user too

your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

it must be invisible too

cause I'm not seeing it slash

i think most true knowledgable baseball fans on this forum will agree with me on my original post in this thread.

good I hope they found my '' free lesson '' helpful too ;-)

BTW I agree with your reason on why so many care more about BB than FB users

but they are wrong too the books have always benn '' tainted''

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

yet you`ll cheer all the NFL players out there who are on HGH, give me a break

Free Baseball lesson for you:  Baseball is a numbers sport.  In baseball we cherish statistics.  we love numbers.  we can compare players that our grandfathers watched play to the players that our sons watch play.  because?  statistics.  Steroids has tainted that.

Football fans couldn't possibly care less about any numbers besides W's & L's.

free lesson over.

[/QUOTE]

Im having trouble reading your post slash. That girl in your avatar is just too much for me Tongue Out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Claims he took a lozenge for an injury in 2011; also that he realized the error of his ways and seeked a 2nd meeting with MLB to confess; this is untrue, this 2nd mtg was due to the evidence MLB had on him via the Biogenesis scandal. Also, the usual nonsense as so eloquently articulated by a hired writer.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130822&content_id=57973458&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

He is a liar just like Clemens, Pettitte, Giambi, Posada, Swisher, Tex, Gardner, Granderson and all the rest

what did Gardner lie about??..

Have you ever looked at Garadners body, he was a stick 3  years ago, he is now very muscular...........he lies when he doesn't admit what he has done..

[/QUOTE]

as TWM would say

somewhere in kenya there is a village missing it's idiot

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Have you ever looked at Garadners body, he was a stick 3  years ago, he is now very muscular...........he lies when he doesn't admit what he has done..

as TWM would say

sateffs is a NYY fan. He must be back, because the NYY are playing better. All his post today have been about the NYY, as a set up, in hopes posters may not remember him. Beware mods

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

So that explains it; a reverse troll. Nothing new.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

He was trying to gain Sox posters confidence, as a Yankee hater. Then, start his criticism of the Sox, saying he's a fan who didn't view them through rose colored glasses. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

as TWM would say

and no one is  looking for himTongue Out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

He was trying to gain Sox posters confidence, as a Yankee hater. Then, start his criticism of the Sox, saying he's a fan who didn't view them through rose colored glasses. 

[/QUOTE]

I thought it was more of a case of making a Sox fan look bad enough so that NYY fans can squash him, infuriating Sox posters, or even sucking them in to flailingly try to defend him, making a group of Sox posters look even worse. No?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I thought it was more of a case of making a Sox fan look bad enough so that NYY fans can squash him, infuriating Sox posters, or even sucking them in to flailingly try to defend him, making a group of Sox posters look even worse. No?

That wasn't his MO, before. He ended up leaving, because everyone finally caught on and called him out, as a NYY fan. His claim was he was a Sox fan, who didn't view them through rose colored glasses. Worst of the worst. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That wasn't his MO, before. He ended up leaving, because everyone finally caught on and called him out, as a NYY fan. His claim was he was an Sox fan, who didn't view them through rose colored glasses. Worst of the worst. 

[/QUOTE]

LOL, maybe I'm really a SOX fan.

Obviously JK. But Babe was convinced.