Braves Land BJ Upton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Braves Land BJ Upton

It appears that the deal is 5 yrs at about 15 per.  Considering BJ is a leadoff guy w/ an OBP south of .300, I would deem this an overpay.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Braves Land BJ Upton

In response to Drewski5's comment:

It appears that the deal is 5 yrs at about 15 per.  Considering BJ is a leadoff guy w/ an OBP south of .300, I would deem this an overpay.

He isnt a lead off guy anymore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Glad the Braves did it and not us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Glad the Braves did it and not us.

don't think he was ever on our radar... the other Upton though.. yuppers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Big overpay in my opinion.  He is an good player not great and never has lived up to his potential.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Was he ever a lead off hitter for any length of time? Hes inconsistent just like his brother. Only difference is his brother has a higher ceiling and more potentia...l

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I  don't know that he is a lead - off guy, or if Atlanta  views  him as such .  He has shown some power. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

BJ Upton will be 29 to start this embarrassing contract cost for the Braves. He's done nothing to distinguish his career, to date, and he will not even be able to keep from losing the CF job that makes his value and fit about 6M a year. Pathetic is the way to describe the 2013 MLB Big Labor FA class.

Are you a critic of the free market system?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

BJ Upton will be 29 to start this embarrassing contract cost for the Braves. He's done nothing to distinguish his career, to date, and he will not even be able to keep from losing the CF job that makes his value and fit about 6M a year. Pathetic is the way to describe the 2013 MLB Big Labor FA class.

Yes, he is Mr. Capitalist when the big guys gouge for huge paychecks, but when the little guys fight or band together to get a fraction of a raise, softy drops M.O.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

BJ Upton will be 29 to start this embarrassing contract cost for the Braves. He's done nothing to distinguish his career, to date, and he will not even be able to keep from losing the CF job that makes his value and fit about 6M a year.

Pathetic is the way to describe the 2013 MLB Big Labor FA class.

i do recall him single handedly dsteroying the sox in the ALCS....that is the guy, right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

BJ Upton will be 29 to start this embarrassing contract cost for the Braves. He's done nothing to distinguish his career, to date, and he will not even be able to keep from losing the CF job that makes his value and fit about 6M a year.

i do recall him single handedly dsteroying the sox in the ALCS....that is the guy, right?

Ah yes, a Sox killer.  Like Carl Crawford, or Julio lugo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to georom4's comment:

Ah yes, a Sox killer.  Like Carl Crawford.

and lackey. and byrd.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

Hes unrealistic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

MLB is not a free market, dim wits.

No.  But, of course, there are no truly free markets anyway.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

They offered 20M more than Philly to get him. Hope they dont plan on using him as a leadoff hitter...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to davetheknave's comment:

As someone else said, Atlanta just got the most expensive BJ in history........

HEYYYY-OOO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"MLB is not a free market, dim wits."

nice chatting with you also lol...

has anyone ever complimented you on your bedside manner before.....?

I was going to say fortunately I like it rough but don't want you to get the wrong idea, sorry, all this talk about BJs set me off... while we're on the subject do you think the Sox still need to sign a big stick? Whoops sorry, jeez I should hit the open mike tonight...

Upton was definitely overpaid, Carl Crawford style, though not to the same degree. 

It will be interesting to see if the Sox can put together a good team nibbling around the edges with Swisher and Ross....personally I'm still in favor of a blue collar type team supplemented by farm team investments. I'm at the point where trading Lester to get rid of Lackey might even work for me. I just don't want to see Lackey's whiny face on the mound again while balls fly over his head

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

How many of you actually believe that Gomes and Ross are better players than Upton ?

Sections
Shortcuts