Braves to get Justin Upton from D-Backs

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Braves to get Justin Upton from D-Backs

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

85 million reasons why he wouldn't veto a trade to Boston.

So your brilliant idea would have been to trade the farm for a guy who has never posted an OPS north of .900 and pay him like a free agent? Mr. Henry should call you to run the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

85 million reasons why he wouldn't veto a trade to Boston.

Seattle could have paid him just a much if not more. Why would any team give a guy a massive extension when he is still owed 40 mill for the three years? 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Braves send low quality quantity for J. Upton (and they get back 3B Chris Johnson), who is better than any OF farm pipe dream. 

Rendall Del Gado BA "B+ Sickels+ 2013 92.2 IP 1.414 WHIP >= Webster "B Sickels"  P 

Prado <or= Ellsbury    Both FA 2014    OF/UIF 

Ahmed "farm scrap D rated Sickels" <or=  Holt  UIF 

Drury "B minus farm Sickels" <or= Cecchini   "B farm Sickels"   3B

Spruill "B minus frm Sickels" <or= Wilson "B minus Sickels"   P     

Needless to say, price was cheap for J. Upton and Red Sox easily trump Braves without trading Bogaerts, Barnes or Bradley, Jr.

My trade pool for J. Upton was:

Ellsbury

Brentz  (likely not needed)

Webster or De La Rosa

One more from any farm hand except Barnes, Bradley, Jr. and Bogaerts

Cherry could have gotten the deal approved, with or without Braves et al as a third team, and had J. Upton agree to waive the "leverage for extension no-trade to likely big market trade teams" by putting a 5 year 85M extension after his current contract end in 2015

J. Upton 2013  9.5M (fits perfectly net zero with Ellsbury off books)   Age 25

2014  14.25M   2015 14.5M   (Base ~12M and 38.25M is Less than Shane's 39M)

2016  17M 2017 17M 2018 17M 2019 17M 2020 17M  Age 32 off books 

So far, the incomptent Cherry still has Ellsbury and Shane and 23 million on the 2013 books, and nothing but pipe dreams for 2013 and beyond.

The Braves are one of the proven better managed organizations in baseball. The racist "clubhouse cancer" tag projected on J. Upton is false.

I can only hope the incomptent Cherry has a deal in place with the Braves, but that would be unlikely for a guy who pulls Shane out of dumpster for 39 million and is still sitting on his hands in fear of the backlash from pinkhats on trading Ellsbury who will be, thankfully, a liability elsewhere in a few more months. Cherry will tell the crying fans that "we made our best effort to sign Ellsbury as a FA but".

More lies. Softy offered Boggy in his offers and now pretends he didn't.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Braves send low quality quantity for J. Upton (and they get back 3B Chris Johnson), who is better than any OF farm pipe dream. 

Rendall Del Gado BA "B+ Sickels+ 2013 92.2 IP 1.414 WHIP >= Webster "B Sickels"  P 

Prado <or= Ellsbury    Both FA 2014    OF/UIF 

Ahmed "farm scrap D rated Sickels" <or=  Holt  UIF 

Drury "B minus farm Sickels" <or= Cecchini   "B farm Sickels"   3B

Spruill "B minus frm Sickels" <or= Wilson "B minus Sickels"   P     

Needless to say, price was cheap for J. Upton and Red Sox easily trump Braves without trading Bogaerts, Barnes or Bradley, Jr.

My trade pool for J. Upton was:

Ellsbury

Brentz  (likely not needed)

Webster or De La Rosa

One more from any farm hand except Barnes, Bradley, Jr. and Bogaerts

Cherry could have gotten the deal approved, with or without Braves et al as a third team, and had J. Upton agree to waive the "leverage for extension no-trade to likely big market trade teams" by putting a 5 year 85M extension after his current contract end in 2015

J. Upton 2013  9.5M (fits perfectly net zero with Ellsbury off books)   Age 25

2014  14.25M   2015 14.5M   (Base ~12M and 38.25M is Less than Shane's 39M)

2016  17M 2017 17M 2018 17M 2019 17M 2020 17M  Age 32 off books 

So far, the incomptent Cherry still has Ellsbury and Shane and 23 million on the 2013 books, and nothing but pipe dreams for 2013 and beyond.

The Braves are one of the proven better managed organizations in baseball. The racist "clubhouse cancer" tag projected on J. Upton is false.

I can only hope the incomptent Cherry has a deal in place with the Braves, but that would be unlikely for a guy who pulls Shane out of dumpster for 39 million and is still sitting on his hands in fear of the backlash from pinkhats on trading Ellsbury who will be, thankfully, a liability elsewhere in a few more months. Cherry will tell the crying fans that "we made our best effort to sign Ellsbury as a FA but".

Big surprise there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It certainly seems like Upton could have been obtained without giving up one of the 3 killer B's. That seemed to be the stumbling block for many posters here.

Have any of your opinions changed now?

Had we traded one of Doubront, Morales or Aceves (cash with Aceves)

Brentz

Cecchini

and one prospect below #10

like I suggested, would it have been enough?

Would you have done it?

(Assuming we sign Marcum to take Dubront's place)

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

And the Board stooge trolls by with lies. I posted it so many times that it's there for all to read. My trade pool comment had the same names and said, every time, "include Bogaerts for Brentz if necessary and that is unlikely".

Needless to say, stooge, my trade pool was to make sure that J. Upton was acquired by using as much of it as needed to beat the trade market competition offers. The Braves offers is nothing short of proof of how low the cost would have been and amounted to nothing but drops from my trade pool (as I stated over and over and try and get you idiots to only make trade proposals when you provide a pool that will close the deal on the market)

Fact is you offered Bogaerts. I did not.

My offer was almost identical to your newly created one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

redsoxdirtdog started it, as he thinks softlaw is a closet case. I liked it so I've been using it.

Me too!

For those who suffer from the behavioral mental illness of same-sex sexual behavior or proclivity, "in the closet" and "hater" and "bigot" are the pitiful words used to delude perverts with a serious mental illness. Just because these perverts are "out of the closet" does not equate to those who denounce the behavioral disorder as "in the closet".

Oh Softy.  Such a cute little closet case.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

It certainly seems like Upton could have been obtained without giving up one of the 3 killer B's. That seemed to be the stumbling block for many posters here.

Have any of your opinions changed now?

Had we traded one of Doubront, Morales or Aceves (cash with Aceves)

Brentz

Cecchini

and one prospect below #10

like I suggested, would it have been enough?

Would you have done it?

(Assuming we sign Marcum to take Dubront's place)

yes. it seems you had it right all along moon. he still could have vetoed any trade to our team though.

but still, props to you for having the closest proposition to his actual deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Seattle could have paid him just a much if not more.

False.

Why would any team give a guy a massive extension when he is still owed 40 mill for the three years? 

To get a perfect RH OF Fenway/AL elite young MLB talent production from ages 25 through age 32, at an A rated value and fit because of age and the massive inflation built into the economy as a result of the democrat party federal economic plan of corrupt pandering and fiscal incompetence

It is fiscal incompetence to owe a guy who is going to hit 280/20/80 and never had an OPS over 900 120 million. That is not a value at all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i gotta say, after seing what the braves gave up to justin upton, i am angry that the sox did not try to outbid the braves. we could have easily offered a better package without giving up barnes, boegarts, or bradley. the top pieces of the deal were prado and delgado. at this point, giving up doubront or de la rosa would have been compared to delgado. prado is 29 yrs old, plays multiple positions but is not great defensively at any of them. we could have offered checcini while allowing arizona to keep chris johnson. the other prospects in the deal were low level throw ins. there was the ss prospect, ahmed, who we could have covered with vitek or iglesias easy. and for those of you who are saying would he accept a trade to the sox, well it has been reported multiple tims that he did in fact say that he would accept a trade to the sox as well as the cubs and braves. ben c really dropped the ball on this one. he had an opportunity to get a guy who could replace adrian gonzalez, and who plays a postion of need. (even at this point he could have played LF). players like upton dont come along very often, the sox had their chance and blew. but hey, good thing we signed victorino and gomes........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Once again, certain posts "mysteriously " disappear.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

Once again, certain posts "mysteriously " disappear.

He must have "gone off" on someone who exposed his lies.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Boggie has years before the Sox have to be concerned about a 6-10 year $100 M contract. Upton will be looking for a $100 M contract within two years.

I like the idea of Brentz being an Upton 20-25 HR producer within two years.

If we were guaranteed to contend this year I would say take a shot at Upton. That's probably not going to happen this year.

Having to part with RDLR along with Doubrount, Brentz and Boggie or WMB--I am not prepared to do that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Dbacks already working on extending prado.. Probably a big reason why AZ took the deal. Prado is looking to be locked up ASAP.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/01/diamondbacks-expect-to-extend-prado.html

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

If the Upton bros. spur each other on, on the field, it could be one helluva an outfield.  If they spur each other on off the field, not so much.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

redsoxdirtdog started it, as he thinks softlaw is a closet case. I liked it so I've been using it.

Me too!

For those who suffer from the behavioral mental illness of same-sex sexual behavior or proclivity, "in the closet" and "hater" and "bigot" are the pitiful words used to delude perverts with a serious mental illness. Just because these perverts are "out of the closet" does not equate to those who denounce the behavioral disorder as "in the closet".

Oh, now I see why he was banned.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Me too!

He counts on this so that he can never be held to past positions he has taken. He is a pathological prevaricator. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Me too!

He counts on this so that he can never be held to past positions he has taken. He is a pathological prevaricator. 

That's going to push up the alliterative index...

Sections
Shortcuts