BREAKING: AP Source: Rodriguez lone holdout as 12 players accept drug suspensions from baseball.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: BREAKING: AP Source: Rodriguez lone holdout as 12 players accept drug suspensions from baseball.

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

And enough time for him and his lawyers to hold up the process long enough to play the rest of the regular season, effectively shortening the suspension by 50+ games. Lame. Youre guilty, take your suspension like the rest of the players who came clean.

effectively shortening the suspension by 50+ games.

no it doesn't it post pones it

Lame. Youre guilty, take your suspension like the rest of the players who came clean.

obviously U R missing his point

he thinks he should get 50 games

ARod gets into a seperate car while the rest of the guys get on the bus. Typical.

and you know that was his idea ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Re: BREAKING: AP Source: Rodriguez lone holdout as 12 players accept drug suspensions from baseball.

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to tomnev's comment:

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Ken Rosenthal - FoxSports.com, Senior Baseball Writer

Also suspended: Yankees’ Cervelli, Mariners’ Montero, Mets’ Puello, Astros’ Escalona, Padres’ De Los Santos, Yankees’ F. Martinez.

I have no love for AROD but I can see why with these suspensions he would fight it.....Baseball's CBA says 1st offense,,,,,,50 games....under baseball rules this would be ARODs 1st offense.....if Baseball is going to say he is getting more because he tried to impede the investigation, the his lawyers could argue, when Melky C created a Website to hide his PED use wanst he impeding the investigation?...and yet he only got 50 games.....and if as has been reported Baseballs star witness is Bosch, who may have escaped prosecutuon and was paid for his cooperation, Arod's lawyers will have a field day with that also.....and that to the fact that trying these cases in courts have thus far always gone the players way.....MLB may be making a big mistake not just giving AROD the same rest of year punsihment as Braun.

kudos tom 4 a stand up post

I have a problem with fans & some ex players

who know 4 sure that they would never use if they had a chance 4 the big time $$$$

same goes for those who suggest they would forfeit millions

while they had a legit reason to  appeal

as far as arod is concerned he is a 1st time violator

right or wrong it's a reasonable defense

They have proof Arod has been using for a longer period of time than the rest, and 19 different steroids. His admissions in 2009.

That he obstructed the investigation and that he introduced younger players to PEDs and Tony Bosch.

And they also have records of Arod making purchases for Melky Cabrera. Possibly information on his dealings with Tony Galea.

Which begs the question has he ever been clean?

With Arod it is not a case of being a first time user.

I hope Baseball can get the suspension to hold up.....I do think Arod has been guilty and untruthful about this for a long time, but I do not think this will end welll and I think basbeall will end up with egg on its face.

We only know what gets reported, bu that tells us the alot of the evidence you are talking about comes from Tony Bosch...he is an easily impeachable source.

As for Obstructing the Investigation, as I said, baseball will have to explain why they didnt add additional games to Melky C, when he obstructed the investigation.

As for introducing young players to PED's, I havent seen that anywhere....and I wuld love to see what the proof of that is.....if the testimony is, that he recommended they see Tony Bosch, again coming from Tony Bosch, they would need to prove he specifically told them to see Bosch about PEDs.

There are just too many holes and unnowns to be sure, but look at the evidence the Govt had against Clemens and he was acquitted.....it is going to be very hard for BB to win this in court. Plus now they will have to fight the Union also, because where they would not have supported AROD in the drug policy charges, they will have to in the Basic agreement charges...again....they are trying to make AROD an example, but he will be a porr example if an arbitrator or a jury overrules them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Buster Olney right now is discussing how, in order to defend himself here, hes going to have to drag everybody associated with it through the mud. Its just like Lance Armstrong did, and in the end hes going to end up suspended anyway with a trail of human wreckage in his wake.

Does anyone think he cares? He can't see past himself. Narcississium, at it's worst

That word is putting it mildly & kindly (and possibly mispelled, but the gist is in the ballpark, no pun intended)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Buster Olney right now is discussing how, in order to defend himself here, hes going to have to drag everybody associated with it through the mud. Its just like Lance Armstrong did, and in the end hes going to end up suspended anyway with a trail of human wreckage in his wake.

Does anyone think he cares? He can't see past himself. Narcississium, at it's worst

That word is putting it mildly & kindly (and possibly mispelled, but the gist is in the ballpark, no pun intended)

Yes, Steven, I'm well aware of that. I'm at work and dealing with firefox. It's very difficult, at times impossible to post. Once I do I can't edit. I can barely reply too and that takes some doing.BDC has put in a repair ticket to IT, as I have script in my post that has to be removed before I can attempt to do anything. I hit post before I re read my post. Shame on me

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Yes, Steven, I'm well aware of that. I'm at work and dealing with firefox. It's very difficult, at times impossible to post. Once I do I can't edit. I can barely reply too and that takes some doing.BDC has put in a repair ticket to IT, as I have script in my post that has to be removed before I can attempt to do anything. I hit post before I re read my post. Shame on me

Wow, based on my jokey tenor, I believe you're overreacting. You're forgiven! I'll ask for forgiveness as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Exam, any games he plays past thursday when the ban goes into effect will be tacked onto the regular season in 2015. So if the appeals process lasts the rest of the season (which it won't. On thursday he can officially file for an appeal. After that they have 25 days to review the case and then another 25 days to give a ruling. So this process SHOULD be over before the season is over. Then again, we've never had a case like this before so they may adjust the process a bit.)

but yeah, Let's just say it lasts the rest of the season and the 211 game ban is upheld. He would be out all of 2014 and then 49 games in 2015. If the yankees make the PS then i think the number of games they last are deducted from the length of the ban.

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Exam, any games he plays past thursday when the ban goes into effect will be tacked onto the regular season in 2015. So if the appeals process lasts the rest of the season (which it won't. On thursday he can officially file for an appeal. After that they have 25 days to review the case and then another 25 days to give a ruling. So this process SHOULD be over before the season is over. Then again, we've never had a case like this before so they may adjust the process a bit.)

but yeah, Let's just say it lasts the rest of the season and the 211 game ban is upheld. He would be out all of 2014 and then 49 games in 2015. If the yankees make the PS then i think the number of games they last are deducted from the length of the ban.

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

It's barely going to come before spring training, mef. Tyler Kepner @TylerKepner Michael Weiner says A-Rod's appeal verdict will not come until November or December.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Cruz released a statement through his attorneys on Monday, saying, "I have been notified by the Commissioner of Major League Baseball that I have been suspended for 50 games for violation of the Joint Drug Agreement. I have decided to accept this suspension and not exercise my rights under the Basic Agreement to appeal.

"From November, 2011 to January, 2012, I was seriously ill with a gastrointestinal infection, helicobacter pylori, which went undiagnosed for over a month. By the time I was properly diagnosed and treated, I had lost 40 pounds. Just weeks before I was to report to spring training in 2012, I was unsure whether I would be physically able to play.

"Faced with this situation, I made an error in judgment that I deeply regret, and I accept full responsibility for that error. I should have handled the situation differently, and my illness was no excuse. I am thankful for the unwavering support of my family, friends, and teammates during this difficult time. I look forward to regaining the trust and respect of the Rangers organization, my teammates, and the great Rangers’ fans, and I am grateful for the opportunity to rejoin the team for the playoffs."

and Cruz unintentionally cheated, he was ill.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

ARod gets into a seperate car while the rest of the guys get on the bus. Typical.

You're right.  I hadn't thought of that.  Maybe nobody else would ride with him. Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to S5's comment:

You're right.  I hadn't thought of that.  Maybe nobody else would ride with him. Laughing

can you blame them? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

suspend him for life; in these circumstances nobody deserves a third chance.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Cruz released a statement through his attorneys on Monday, saying, "I have been notified by the Commissioner of Major League Baseball that I have been suspended for 50 games for violation of the Joint Drug Agreement. I have decided to accept this suspension and not exercise my rights under the Basic Agreement to appeal.

"From November, 2011 to January, 2012, I was seriously ill with a gastrointestinal infection, helicobacter pylori, which went undiagnosed for over a month. By the time I was properly diagnosed and treated, I had lost 40 pounds. Just weeks before I was to report to spring training in 2012, I was unsure whether I would be physically able to play.

"Faced with this situation, I made an error in judgment that I deeply regret, and I accept full responsibility for that error. I should have handled the situation differently, and my illness was no excuse. I am thankful for the unwavering support of my family, friends, and teammates during this difficult time. I look forward to regaining the trust and respect of the Rangers organization, my teammates, and the great Rangers’ fans, and I am grateful for the opportunity to rejoin the team for the playoffs."

and Cruz unintentionally cheated, he was ill.....

Please ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

And enough time for him and his lawyers to hold up the process long enough to play the rest of the regular season, effectively shortening the suspension by 50+ games. Lame. Youre guilty, take your suspension like the rest of the players who came clean.

effectively shortening the suspension by 50+ games.

no it doesn't it post pones it

Lame. Youre guilty, take your suspension like the rest of the players who came clean.

obviously U R missing his point

he thinks he should get 50 games

"he thinks he should get 50 games"

And the yankees think he should get life.

My best guess is the penalty will get reduced to 100 games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

George Louis Costanza:"...  just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it."

Sections
Shortcuts