Breaking News! "Macho Man Randy Savage killed in a car accident!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Breaking News! "Macho Man Randy Savage killed in a car accident!

I just found out that Macho man Randy Savage suffered a heart attack at the wheel of his car and died down in florida the other day. His wife Lynn was with him and she was injured but not severely. I remember watching him back in the 80's and he was quite an excellent "sports entertainer".

my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
    R.I.P. Randy.

did any of you know that he once was a catcher for the braves orginization before he became a professional wrestler?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: Breaking News! "Macho Man Randy Savage killed in a car accident!

In Response to Breaking News! "Macho Man Randy Savage killed in a car accident!:
    I just found out that Macho man Randy Savage suffered a heart attack at the wheel of his car and died down in florida the other day. His wife Lynn was with him and she was injured but not severely. I remember watching him back in the 80's and he was quite an excellent "sports entertainer". my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. R.I.P. Randy. did any of you know that he once was a catcher for the braves orginization before he became a professional wrestler?
    Posted by Hammah29r2

His line was ..."OH! YEAH!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

right you are Jim. plus, he was actually married to the beautiful Miss Elizebeth. he was great on the mic and his high flying skills were legendary. he took his share of bumps in his day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

professional wrestling doesn't come up much on a sports board, so it gives me the opportunity to mention that pro wrestlers all belong to the STUNT MANS' UNION. kind of signifies how really fake it is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

I blame Slim Jims.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

He had some epic matches with Hulk Hogan.Randy had a very unique style and was always entertaining.Sorry to see the Macho madness end.RIP

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Aw..sad to hear.  My thoughts are with his family.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

RIP macho.  i spent many an hour as a kid growing up watching you wrestle.  your match against rickey steamboat in wrestlemania III is still the best match ever!  (even though you lost....)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

sad news..especially since he had recently remarried....condolences to the Poffo family..RIP Mach.. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News! "Macho Man Randy Savage killed in a car accident!:
    sad news..especially since he had recently remarried....condolences to the Poffo family..RIP Mach.. 
    Posted by jete02fan

may they cue up "Pomp and Circumstance" as you approach the gates.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Vince McMahon will shed a fake tear I'm sure.  He uses them them up and tosses them aside.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Behind the celebrity is human flesh and blood. Very sad moment for his family. I enjoyed his wrestling theartre work, he was entertaining. Too young to go like that, not that any age is too old.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

posted at 5/20/2011 2:20 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=1729c551be95c2d7581dc2027656ea8f&plckUserId=1729c551be95c2d7581dc2027656ea8f">
    First: 12/6/2007
    Last: 5/20/2011
    Vince McMahon will shed a fake tear I'm sure.  He uses them them up and tosses them aside
    JD, you can throw Hogan in there too....continuously lies about their relationship..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News! "Macho Man Randy Savage killed in a car accident!:
    professional wrestling doesn't come up much on a sports board, so it gives me the opportunity to mention that pro wrestlers all belong to the STUNT MANS' UNION. kind of signifies how really fake it is.
    Posted by the-yazzer

is there anything you don't pizz on?  You must be a blast to hang out with.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a2fb354f3-bda7-4165-8cf6-726fe9d269c0&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:2fb354f3-bda7-4165-8cf6-726fe9d269c0Post:a39d5532-4b89-42a5-b1b2-8e6827f92bd6">Re: Breaking News! "Macho Man Randy Savage killed in a car accident!:
    Posted by the-yazzer

is there anything you don't pizz on?  You must be a blast to hang out with.

yeah space, someone told me that he and babe like to hang out together....oh wait, how can that be? they're the same person. silly me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

hammah, stick to being a redneck, your detective skills are flawed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Breaking News! "Macho Man Randy Savage killed in a car accident!:
    I just found out that Macho man Randy Savage suffered a heart attack at the wheel of his car and died down in florida the other day. His wife Lynn was with him and she was injured but not severely. I remember watching him back in the 80's and he was quite an excellent "sports entertainer". my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. R.I.P. Randy. did any of you know that he once was a catcher for the braves orginization before he became a professional wrestler?
    Posted by Hammah29r2
    that sucks. perhaps the wwe will finally give the man his due in the hall of fame! too bad he never got to have one mre run or moment in the sun like hogan, ric flair and so forth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

and spaceman, as far as the pizzin' thing; well, if you were on fire.........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Last: 5/20/2011 In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a2fb354f3-bda7-4165-8cf6-726fe9d269c0&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:2fb354f3-bda7-4165-8cf6-726fe9d269c0Post:a39d5532-4b89-42a5-b1b2-8e6827f92bd6 " /> Re: Breaking News! "Macho Man Randy Savage killed in a car accident! : professional wrestling doesn't come up much on a sports board, so it gives me the opportunity to mention that pro wrestlers all belong to the STUNT MANS' UNION. kind of signifies how really fake it is. Posted by the-yazzer is there anything you don't pizz on?  You must be a blast to hang out with. yeah space, someone told me that he and babe like to hang out together....oh wait, how can that be? they're the same person. silly me.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

nah hammah, you're off base with this one detective.  Babe may be a provocateur of the worst sort, but he's actually smart.  i don't get that vibe at all from yazzer.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

First: 5/17/2011
    hammah, stick to being a redneck, you're detective skills are flawed

sure babe. what ever you say.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff May 20, 2011 01:05 PM

Famed wrestler Macho Man Randy Savage died in a car accident Friday May 20, 2011 in Tampa, Fla. He's seen here in Cambridge for the Harvard Lampoon Real Man of the Year ceremonies in 1998. (John Blanding / Globe file)

In case you missed it, TMZ is reporting that wrestler Macho Man Randy Savage died in a car accident today.

Back in 2005, I was assigned to cover the NLCS between the Astros and Cardinals. Two memories from that series stick out to this day:

1. Albert Pujols hit a home run in Game 5 that sent the series back to St. Louis. I've never seen a ball hit so hard. It sucked all the life out of Minute Maid Park in an instant.

2. The next day I met the Macho Man.

I was walking from my hotel in St. Louis to old Busch Stadium on Oct. 18. The teams had a workout that day before Game 6. About two blocks from the park, there was the Macho Man on the sidewalk coming my way.

He had on a red cowboy hat, big sunglasses and a Cardinals jacket. He played in the minors for the Cards and was still a big fan as it turned out.

In my job, you learn not to get too excited when encountering famous people. It's not cool to be a journalist and get all silly when Willie Mays walks by. I got on an elevator once with Muhammad Ali at the 1996 Olympics and managed not to act stupid.

But the Macho Man? I had to talk to him. I wasted thousands of hours as a kid watching wrestling and nobody was more entertaining than the Macho Man. OK, maybe George "The Animal" Steele. But Macho Man was a close second.

Thankfully, he was cool. You don't dress like that unless you want people to notice, I suppose. We talked some baseball, I asked about the lovely Elizabeth and we parted ways.

"Do your thing, brother," he said. "Ooooooh, yeah."

Stupid, right? But it was something I'll never forget.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

well space, I don't consider myself a detective, however, I do have my moles, if you catch my drift. I'll just leave it at that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

well space, I don't consider myself a detective, however, I do have my moles, if you catch my drift. I'll just leave it at that.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

oh snap.  an inside job.  juicy.  i like it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

and true to form Hogan lays this load of cr@p on us...... Hulk Hogan had these comments regarding Macho Man on his official twitter page"I'm completely devastated, after over 10 years of not talking with Randy, we've finally started to talk and communicate.""He had so much life in his eyes & in his spirit, I just pray that he's happy and in a better place and we miss him."

"We miss him a lot. I feel horrible about the ten years of having no communication. This was a tough one."

Sections
Shortcuts