1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Re: BREAKING NEWS,

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its all over Felga & Maz,   The big guy shows up @  S T today and is already SPEWING about his BLOODY CONTRACT !!!     What say you ????

[/QUOTE]

I heard he brought his.......and photoshop people.

[/QUOTE]

Same ones you use???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Two things:  1 - David Ortiz can be a little over the top and annoying at times.  2 - Sox fans should give him a pass on it . He has more than earned it. Few , if any , in history have done more for this franchise. 

[/QUOTE]

I think he could do even more for the franchise by keeping his mouth shut.  Keep these matters in house.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Two things:  1 - David Ortiz can be a little over the top and annoying at times.  2 - Sox fans should give him a pass on it . He has more than earned it. Few , if any , in history have done more for this franchise. 

[/QUOTE]

I think he could do even more for the franchise by keeping his mouth shut.  Keep these matters in house.

[/QUOTE]

Ortiz is supposed to talk to the reporters tomorrow.... wonder how many different times a reporter will ask him about his contract?

Why can't they just let it be and let it get worked out in house? Hmmmmm.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

Is someone other than Bill saying there is a negative story regarding Ortiz?

dan roache was just asked how many other red sox have brought their agents to st.  Roache thought hard and could only come up with Pedro.  Gee pedro, another one who used to sing about no respect and draw the attention from the team to him.

[/QUOTE]

Dan Roche also said:

You know what? He’s right.

David Ortiz is coming off a season where he hit .309 with 30 HRS, 103 RBI, with an OBP of .395, a slugging percentage of .564 and an OPS of .959. He then went out and hit an astounding .688 with an OPS of 1.188!!!!!!

And, did I mention that he put up those numbers at the age of .307.

Now, for those fans who are sick of David talking about his contract….stop listening. Why? Because every time Ortiz does……he still puts up great numbers. Isn’t that all that matters?

Ortiz isn’t asking for a 5 year extension. If he tacks on another year at 15-million how does that hurt the Red Sox. Even if Ortiz was to suddenly stop producing….that two years doesn’t handcuff the team financially for the future.

I’m sure a deal will get done and I’m sure David Ortiz will continue to talk about his contract whenever he’s asked.

Just tune it out and enjoy his hitting.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/02/18/red-sox-spring-training-blog-david-ortiz-comments-on-contract/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ortiz is supposed to talk to the reporters tomorrow.... wonder how many different times a reporter will ask him about his contract?

[/QUOTE]

Simple, no comment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Papi's helped win me 3 -- count em 3! -- World Series! 

If he wants to cry, he can use my shoulder ANYTIME!

-Daf. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think most fans do give him a pass and even the ones who are annoyed by his rants, still want him on the team.  But if david is going to rant then some fans are going to express their opinions.

If david thinks he has been grossly under paid, then he needs to test free agency.  Free Agency is the only way players get over paid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Simple, no comment.

[/QUOTE]

I am not sure why it always goes back to the reporters.  They have a job to do as david does.  No comment keeps the interview short and sweet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I am not sure why people are biting Bill's head off here. If Ortiz doesn't want the negative comments then stop feeding the media reason to be negative. I agree with other posters. When people in the media ask him about his contract his answer should be along the lines of "no comment" . That is the only correct response. If David wants to keep acting like a petulant child in front of the media and make completely dumb statements then he and the Ortizers should be prepared for criticism.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

SSDD.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not sure why people are biting Bill's head off here. If Ortiz doesn't want the negative comments then stop feeding the media reason to be negative. I agree with other posters. When people in the media ask him about his contract his answer should be along the lines of "no comment" . That is the only correct response. If David wants to keep acting like a petulant child in front of the media and make completely dumb statements then he and the Ortizers should be prepared for criticism.

[/QUOTE] Thank You......   Bottom line is...... Lets see what 2014 brings before we address 2015..... COGGLINS LAW : "the end never ends well, thats why it ends"  !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think most fans do give him a pass and even the ones who are annoyed by his rants, still want him on the team.  But if david is going to rant then some fans are going to express their opinions.

If david thinks he has been grossly under paid, then he needs to test free agency.  Free Agency is the only way players get over paid.

[/QUOTE] don't i know it!! Tongue Out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

SSDD.

[/QUOTE] Sally Sells Dunkin Donuts??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

SSDD.

[/QUOTE] Sally Sells Dunkin Donuts??

[/QUOTE]

Nope.

The whiners don't like D & D either. Wink

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

SSDD.

[/QUOTE]

Think that could be said for mostly every topic here. Go back to the threads from 2011... SSDD Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

SSDD.

[/QUOTE]

Think that could be said for mostly every topic here. Go back to the threads from 2011... SSDD Laughing

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

It's all getting old.

Spring and the new baseball season can't get here fast enough.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to crowtrobot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Most people here, me definitely included, don't like Bill. He's a passive/agressive fool.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and people here love you so much that you're forced to change your transparent identity every 4 months.   Get a grip.  Is it asking too much of you only to disagree without throwing mud all the time?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, and people here love you so much that you're forced to change your transparent identity every 4 months.   Get a grip.  Is it asking too much of you only to disagree without throwing mud all the time?

[/QUOTE]

Ummmmm.....that's what Bill does in all his posts.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Guru_Meditation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Crying time" for Bill was watching Papi hit 300 with 30 bombs and 100 RBIs while leading the Red Sox to a world series last season.

[/QUOTE]WOW  !!!   Your 1st post and you come out swinging like you will be "A CAN'T MISS POSTER" !!!   Stay at it, but remember that in this business, "the worm changes quickly" !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Crying time" for Bill was watching Papi hit 300 with 30 bombs and 100 RBIs while leading the Red Sox to a world series last season.

[/QUOTE]WOW  !!!   Your 1st post and you come out swinging like you will be "A CAN'T MISS POSTER" !!!   Stay at it, but remember that in this business, "the worm changes quickly" !!!

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the Shakespeare quote you're trying for here is the worm turns.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the Shakespeare quote you're trying for here is the worm turns.

[/QUOTE]

Carnie, in fairness to Bill, I think that is actually a pretty good part of his mostly trifling shtick:  he does a bang-up job of misquoting.  When he was originally cultivating the goofy idiot role, before the incessant annoying repitition, political nonsense and stupid bashing, this Berra-esque misquoting was kinda cute.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

I stopped coming here last fall so I could ENJOY the end of a remarkable season. Today I decided to comeback with the start of Spring Training. Sadly I find Bill is still here and is still spewing the same old garbage about Ortiz.

I just don't get it.