BREAKING NEWS, "BIG PAPI", ITS CRYING TIME AGAIN !!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Re: BREAKING NEWS,

I stopped coming here last fall so I could ENJOY the end of a remarkable season. Today I decided to comeback with the start of Spring Training. Sadly I find Bill is still here and is still spewing the same old garbage about Ortiz.

I just don't get it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Pretty obvious he's ragging on Tony Mazzhole, Felger and The Curly Haired BF. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Id give papi whatever he wants! I'd give him $40 Mill a year till he retires,  if thats what he wanted....After almost singlehandedly saving our Postseason against the tigers and batting .600+ in the WS, he i more than right in saying he has earned it. B tch! 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

As long as he is MVP of the World Series every year, give him another year!Tongue Out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its all over Felga & Maz,   The big guy shows up @  S T today and is already SPEWING about his BLOODY CONTRACT !!!     What say you ????

[/QUOTE]

I heard he brought his agents and photoshop people.

[/QUOTE]

His agent was there like he visits with each club during Spring Training.

[/QUOTE]

It is very unusual for a player to bring his agent to spring training.  Dan Roache stated the only other player to do this was Pedro.  O boy, Dan Roache must hate latin players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Its all over Felga & Maz,   The big guy shows up @  S T today and is already SPEWING about his BLOODY CONTRACT !!!     What say you ????

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is very unusual for a player to bring his agent to spring training.  Dan Roache stated the only other player to do this was Pedro.  O boy, Dan Roache must hate latin players.

[/QUOTE]

Get your facts right, Ortiz did not bring his agent to camp. Ortiz's agent Fernando Cuza stated himself it was marely a social call. One that he makes every year.

FORT MYERS, Fla. — David Ortiz’s agent, Fernando Cuza, was waiting outside the Red Sox clubhouse Tuesday when his client got finished working out.

Cuza said it was merely a social call to touch base with Ortiz, something he does every year. But Cuza plans to stay around for a few days to speak to Red Sox principal owner John Henry.

Cuza said he has not yet engaged in any discussions with the Red Sox about an extension for Ortiz, who is signed though the end of the coming season. But he is prepared for that to happen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Two things:  1 - David Ortiz can be a little over the top and annoying at times.  2 - Sox fans should give him a pass on it . He has more than earned it. Few , if any , in history have done more for this franchise. 

[/QUOTE]

I think he could do even more for the franchise by keeping his mouth shut.  Keep these matters in house.

[/QUOTE]

Ortiz is supposed to talk to the reporters tomorrow.... wonder how many different times a reporter will ask him about his contract?

Why can't they just let it be and let it get worked out in house? Hmmmmm.

[/QUOTE]

Simple, no comment.

[/QUOTE]

I am not sure why it always goes back to the reporters.  They have a job to do as david does.  No comment keeps the interview short and sweet.

[/QUOTE]

Ortiz should watch videos of bill belichick LOL! I love how the guy handles the press!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not sure why people are biting Bill's head off here. If Ortiz doesn't want the negative comments then stop feeding the media reason to be negative. I agree with other posters. When people in the media ask him about his contract his answer should be along the lines of "no comment" . That is the only correct response. If David wants to keep acting like a petulant child in front of the media and make completely dumb statements then he and the Ortizers should be prepared for criticism.

[/QUOTE]

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, and people here love you so much that you're forced to change your transparent identity every 4 months.   Get a grip.  Is it asking too much of you only to disagree without throwing mud all the time?

[/QUOTE]
    No he doesn't.  I did see a poster in a different thread accuse bill of being a bigot.  Few had a problem with that so it seems that certain people can throw mud and it's acceptable while others express their opinions and are attacked.

Bigots are the lowest of the low so calling someone you don't know a bigot is nasty and wrong.

Ummmmm.....that's what Bill does in all his posts.

[/QUOTE]

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yeah, and people here love you so much that you're forced to change your transparent identity every 4 months.   Get a grip.  Is it asking too much of you only to disagree without throwing mud all the time?

[/QUOTE]
    No he doesn't.  I did see a poster in a different thread accuse bill of being a bigot.  Few had a problem with that so it seems that certain people can throw mud and it's acceptable while others express their opinions and are attacked.

Bigots are the lowest of the low so calling someone you don't know a bigot is nasty and wrong.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You mixed up some posts here.....

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to crowtrobot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you get back to 'gay bashing.' Where does that put you on the LOW scale?

[/QUOTE]

+500  I guess in her messed up church hypocrisy is perfectly normal...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

No one trolls on Papi like Bill. "Just reporting what I hear" - what a load. You have your ear to the ground for even a whisper from Papi you can amplify. The information you choose to relay says it all. 

Papi will have a statue in downtown Boston someday. You'll train a pigeon to fly in and drop on it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Get your facts right, Ortiz did not bring his agent to camp. Ortiz's agent Fernando Cuza stated himself it was marely a social call. One that he makes every year.

FORT MYERS, Fla. — David Ortiz’s agent, Fernando Cuza, was waiting outside the Red Sox clubhouse Tuesday when his client got finished working out.

Cuza said it was merely a social call to touch base with Ortiz, something he does every year. But Cuza plans to stay around for a few days to speak to Red Sox principal owner John Henry.

Cuza said he has not yet engaged in any discussions with the Red Sox about an extension for Ortiz, who is signed though the end of the coming season. But he is prepared for that to happen.

[/QUOTE]

This falls under the "sometimes you have to just shake your head" category. So..why all the comments from Ortiz to the media....when his agent 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This falls under the "sometimes you have to just shake your head" category. So..why all the comments from Ortiz to the media....when his agent 

[/QUOTE]

I think the players are required to sit with the media.... and he answered their questions. He's an honest guy, speaks from the heart....why is that a bad thing?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let"s go over the chain of events.  Ortiz pays his agent a salary plus expenses. Ortiz paid his agent to be there plus paid for his hotel, airfare, rental, dinner, etc.  I think that falls under the category of ortiz bringing his agent to st. 

A social call is Mike Lowell in the area and going by to say hello.  When Ortiz is asking for an extension, his agent is there to ink the deal and not dance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The really pathetic part of Bill's (and all the Ortiz-Be-A-Good-Boy-and-Shut-Up crowd) is that, in July, when Papi is getting standing o's when he strolls up to the plate at Fenway, the lynch pin in an exciting AL East run, is that they will all be standing behind the big man, lauding Big Papi on this very board, as if they never totally enjoyed took a giant s*&t on him over the smallest, most insignificant infractions.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let"s go over the chain of events.  Ortiz pays his agent a salary plus expenses. Ortiz paid his agent to be there plus paid for his hotel, airfare, rental, dinner, etc.  I think that falls under the category of ortiz bringing his agent to st. 

A social call is Mike Lowell in the area and going by to say hello.  When Ortiz is asking for an extension, his agent is there to ink the deal and not dance.

[/QUOTE]

I challange steven11/jackbu to list ten things he admires about David Ortiz.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The really pathetic part of Bill's (and all the Ortiz-Be-A-Good-Boy-and-Shut-Up crowd) is that, in July, when Papi is getting standing o's when he strolls up to the plate at Fenway, the lynch pin in an exciting AL East run, is that they will all be standing behind the big man, lauding Big Papi on this very board, as if they never totally enjoyed took a giant s*&t on him over the smallest, most insignificant infractions.

[/QUOTE]

You have a real knack for distilling all the BS down to a few insightful sentences.

Good job, Space.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Space...I cheer for Papi every time he gets up to the plate. I admire his talent. My opinion is that it's best for players not to get into contract stuff via the media..that is all.

To then learn that his agent hasn't talked to the Sox is..I am sorry..really funny in the sense that it really makes all of this much ado about nothing. I for one was operating under the understanding that Ortiz'agent had approached the Sox about an extension and that they were delaying. To learn that even that hasn't happened somewhat changes the dynamic.

I think what Ortiz needs is not respect per se...but a new agent...!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Space...I cheer for Papi every time he gets up to the plate. I admire his talent. My opinion is that it's best for players not to get into contract stuff via the media..that is all.

To then learn that his agent hasn't talked to the Sox is..I am sorry..really funny in the sense that it really makes all of this much ado about nothing. I for one was operating under the understanding that Ortiz'agent had approached the Sox about an extension and that they were delaying. To learn that even that hasn't happened somewhat changes the dynamic.

[/QUOTE]

Or you could wait until you know more, before forming an opinion.

Yesterday, you said now was not the time for an extention for Ortiz.

Today, you think he needs a new agent, because nothing has happened yet?

Really?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.  Perhaps.  But that is my point, whether his agent had approached the brass or not:  Its much ado about nothing.  A mountain out of a molehill.  I agree with you entirely that it would be much much better for David to not get into contract stuff with the media.  But, it is what it is.  It has no bearing on anything important, and people really have to dig and make a very conscious choice to blow up the big man over this trifling little infraction.