1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: BREAKING NEWS,

In response to steven11's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

The really pathetic part of Bill's (and all the Ortiz-Be-A-Good-Boy-and-Shut-Up crowd) is that, in July, when Papi is getting standing o's when he strolls up to the plate at Fenway, the lynch pin in an exciting AL East run, is that they will all be standing behind the big man, lauding Big Papi on this very board, as if they never totally enjoyed took a giant s*&t on him over the smallest, most insignificant infractions.

Space...I cheer for Papi every time he gets up to the plate. I admire his talent. My opinion is that it's best for players not to get into contract stuff via the media..that is all.

To then learn that his agent hasn't talked to the Sox is..I am sorry..really funny in the sense that it really makes all of this much ado about nothing. I for one was operating under the understanding that Ortiz'agent had approached the Sox about an extension and that they were delaying. To learn that even that hasn't happened somewhat changes the dynamic.

I think what Ortiz needs is not respect per se...but a new agent...!

Hey, people on both sides of contracts fight it out all the time and once they reach an agreement, work together for the better of both sides.

Making comments over a player's contract and supporting him are two different things. If anyone has ever been involved in contract negotiations, then no explanation is needed.

Bingo!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

The really pathetic part of Bill's (and all the Ortiz-Be-A-Good-Boy-and-Shut-Up crowd) is that, in July, when Papi is getting standing o's when he strolls up to the plate at Fenway, the lynch pin in an exciting AL East run, is that they will all be standing behind the big man, lauding Big Papi on this very board, as if they never totally enjoyed took a giant s*&t on him over the smallest, most insignificant infractions.

Space...I cheer for Papi every time he gets up to the plate. I admire his talent. My opinion is that it's best for players not to get into contract stuff via the media..that is all.

To then learn that his agent hasn't talked to the Sox is..I am sorry..really funny in the sense that it really makes all of this much ado about nothing. I for one was operating under the understanding that Ortiz'agent had approached the Sox about an extension and that they were delaying. To learn that even that hasn't happened somewhat changes the dynamic.

I think what Ortiz needs is not respect per se...but a new agent...!

Hey, people on both sides of contracts fight it out all the time and once they reach an agreement, work together for the better of both sides.

Making comments over a player's contract and supporting him are two different things. If anyone has ever been involved in contract negotiations, then no explanation is needed.

Bingo!

thanks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I think ortiz does a great job at the plate, never said he didn't.  He is better off than 99.99% of human beings on this planet.  He has a dream job and is a multimillionair.  He sounds like a spoiled brat. 

He needs to take a page out of belichick's book. Keep his comments baseball related, focus on the team and not on himself.  No comment works very well.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to crowtrobot's comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:

I think ortiz does a great job at the plate, never said he didn't.  He is better off than 99.99% of human beings on this planet.  He has a dream job and is a multimillionair.  He sounds like a spoiled brat. 

He needs to take a page out of belichick's book. Keep his comments baseball related, focus on the team and not on himself.  No comment works very well.  

Well, he could be worse. He could sound like a religious fanatic.

Religious fanatic?  Funny, Trot Nixon used to thank the lord all the time and "it's God's will.  Then after one of his many injuries he told the press he would have to go to the player's association if he did not get his job back.  'God's Will" quickly escaped his usual dialogue.

Yes, I would have rather have the contract talks over the religious talk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Well, he could be worse. He could sound like a religious fanatic.

Religious fanatic?  Funny, Trot Nixon used to thank the lord all the time and "it's God's will.  Then after one of his many injuries he told the press he would have to go to the player's association if he did not get his job back.  'God's Will" quickly escaped his usual dialogue.

Yes, I would have rather have the contract talks over the religious talk.

What about discussing Michael Sam's future contract talks?  Do you think that fictional sky god thingy will help or hinder Sam in his negotiations?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BINGO DAT !!!!     Me thinks that "BIG PAPI" has taken a page out of the "BIG O's" PLAYBOOK.......... Use the MEDIA TO DIVIDE RED SOX NATION as the "O" has used the MEDIA to divide AMERICA  !!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

BINGO DAT !!!!     Me thinks that "BIG PAPI" has taken a page out of the "BIG O's" PLAYBOOK.......... Use the MEDIA TO DIVIDE RED SOX NATION as the "O" has used the MEDIA to divide AMERICA  !!!!

Well he's definitely separated the bigots from the non-bigots. Don't worry, rube, you'll have a white president in '16. Of course, it'll be a female POTUS, but than you'll be able to employ your sexist shtick.

There ya go again .......  As DAD would say ...............  "SON, in the game of life, other PEOPLES OPINIONS are  OK, usually wrong, but its OK to have one"  !!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I say you will never give up.

Get over it BILL. Learn from your mistakes and move on.

Well Mr. MOON,  That didn't take long......   Hey, just reporting to the board what the MEDIA has been reporting for the last 45 minutes !!!!   15mil @ age 37 going on 45 just isn't enough !!!!   EXTEND, EXTEND, EXTEND !!!!........

"Just reporting..." only negative things about Papi. It's your MO, BILL. It's your obsession.

As soon as any story comes out about Papi- you pounce.

Get over it.

Hey,  don't blame me for being the "PAUL REVERE" here......  Maybe other posters should question this too !!!

You are a David Ortiz hater, plain and simple. Speaking of simple, HMMMM?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to LeftyGrove's comment:

I say you will never give up.

Get over it BILL. Learn from your mistakes and move on.

Well Mr. MOON,  That didn't take long......   Hey, just reporting to the board what the MEDIA has been reporting for the last 45 minutes !!!!   15mil @ age 37 going on 45 just isn't enough !!!!   EXTEND, EXTEND, EXTEND !!!!........

"Just reporting..." only negative things about Papi. It's your MO, BILL. It's your obsession.

As soon as any story comes out about Papi- you pounce.

Get over it.

Hey,  don't blame me for being the "PAUL REVERE" here......  Maybe other posters should question this too !!!

You are a David Ortiz hater, plain and simple. Speaking of simple, HMMMM?

"WOW", what brought that on ????

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

What is not needed is putting Ortiz down.

Praise Mikey.

Praise Papi.

Shut the heck up about how we are "so offended" about a person who has been different than what we wish. 

Papi has played here after 2006 for an incredible $13 to 14 million (rough figures) a season when players of the same value were playing for $10+ million a season more.   Need I say that ARod was being paid ungodly amounts more but here are is a PARTIAL list of position players who got or will get MORE than Papi ....  read it and see if you think he MIGHT just be a BARGAIN (if that is possible)

Ryan Howard, $25,000,000(2012-16)
     Josh Hamilton, $25,000,000 (2013-17) 

Albert Pujols, $24,000,000 (2012-21)
    Robinson Cano, $24,000,000 (2014-23)

Prince Fielder, $23,777,778 (2012-20)
    Joe Mauer, $23,000,000 (2011-18)  

Manny Ramirez, $22,500,000 (2009-10)
    . . . Mark Teixeira, $22,500,000 (2009-16)
    . . . Joey Votto, $22,500,000 (2014-23)

Adrian Gonzalez, $22,000,000 (2012-18) 

Jacoby Ellsbury, $21,857,143 (2014-20)

Matt Cain, $21,250,000 (2012-17) 

Ryan Braun, $21,000,000 (2016-20)

Carl Crawford, $20,285,714 (2011-17)

Manny Ramirez, $20,000,000 (2001-08)
     . . . Matt Kemp, $20,000,000 (2012-19)

Miguel Cabrera, $19,037,500 (2008-15)

Derek Jeter, $18,900,000 (2001-10)

Shin-Soo Choo, $18,571,429 (2014-20)

Buster Posey, $18,555,555 (2013-21)

Andruw Jones, $18,100,000 (2008-09)

Barry Bonds, $18,000,000 (2002-06)
    . . . Sammy Sosa, $18,000,000 (2002-05)

. . . Jayson Werth, $18,000,000 (2007-14)

. . . Torii Hunter, $18,000,000 (2008-12)
    . . . Ichiro Suzuki, $18,000,000 (2008-12)  really?
    . . . Vernon Wells, $18,000,000 (2008-14) really?
    . . . Ryan Howard, $18,000,000 (2009-11)
    . . . Hunter Pence, $18,000,000 (2014-18) REALLY?

Jose Reyes, $17,666,667 (2012-17) 

Jason Giambi, $17,142,857 (2002-08)
    . . . Matt Holliday, $17,142,857 (2010-16)

Carlos Delgado, $17,000,000 (2001-04)
    . . . Jeff Bagwell, $17,000,000
    (2002-06)
    . . . Carlos Beltran, $17,000,000 (2005-11)
    . . . Alfonso Soriano, $17,000,000 (2007-14)
    . . . Andre Ethier, $17,000,000 (2013-17)
    . . . Brian McCahttp, $17,000,000 (2014-18)

Link:  http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/league-info/frequently-asked-questions/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Soon as I saw someone crying about Ortiz I knew who posted it. Bill is simply the dumbest human being in regards to baseball and politics. I'm sure if he posted about other subjects they would be worthless as well. I'm wondering if he's not an 11 year old Yankee fan posing as a 100 year old grumpy old man.

Papi is one of the most underpaid players in our era. Let him speak his mind and then hit 30 homers. He's brought 3 rings to this city who cares what he says.

Fans like Bill don't deserve to be able to jump on a player like Papi's bandwagon. I'm sure when Papi hit over .600 in the WS Bill was complaining how Papi doesn't steal bases.

Last question... why do I waste my time with degenerates like Bill? Help me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Manny was one of the few players with his type of contract which actually worked out.  Carl Crawford was a bad deal from the beginning. If anything CC is a reason why these types of deals should not be handed out.

Bill Belicheck runs a tight ship but football players live in fear with the threat of being cut.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Manny was one of the few players with his type of contract which actually worked out.  Carl Crawford was a bad deal from the beginning. If anything CC is a reason why these types of deals should not be handed out.

Bill Belicheck runs a tight ship but football players live in fear with the threat of being cut.

Did Aaron Hernandez live in fear on that tight ship?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I am not sure why people are biting Bill's head off here. If Ortiz doesn't want the negative comments then stop feeding the media reason to be negative. I agree with other posters. When people in the media ask him about his contract his answer should be along the lines of "no comment" . That is the only correct response. If David wants to keep acting like a petulant child in front of the media and make completely dumb statements then he and the Ortizers should be prepared for criticism.

+1

So you two think statements like "Nothing good ever came out of Mexico" is acceptable? Do you think numerous references to "Dominican milkshakes" and "38 going on 45" are not demonising DR athletes?  Is it great "humor" to make mafia references to Chris Capuano?  Ad infinitum et nauseum.

If you want to defend Bigot-666, then go to the hilt and defend those three, among many, examples.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

No longer ........   He may be in "tight quarters, but his ship will never sail again" !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

No longer ........   He may be in "tight quarters, but his ship will never sail again" !!!

Yes Bill, we live in a liberal state until it comes to murder, then everyone is guilty.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Its all over Felga & Maz,   The big guy shows up @  S T today and is already SPEWING about his BLOODY CONTRACT !!!     What say you ????

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

You must be kidding, right?

Ortiz is only the greatest clutch hitter that EVER wore a RS uniform. Give him all the money he wants and then some. What has this guy not done, in the clutch to help the RS win?
    He is the KEY part of 3 championships and comments like these make me sick, so did Andy Kaufman's stupid article calling for the team to not honor his contract requests.

He's worth $25m/yr DH or no! Who is more clutch or more powerful than this guy when the chips are on the table???

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to jader's comment:

You must be kidding, right?

Ortiz is only the greatest clutch hitter that EVER wore a RS uniform. Give him all the money he wants and then some. What has this guy not done, in the clutch to help the RS win?
    He is the KEY part of 3 championships and comments like these make me sick, so did Andy Kaufman's stupid article calling for the team to not honor his contract requests.

He's worth $25m/yr DH or no! Who is more clutch or more powerful than this guy when the chips are on the table???

Of course, 25M/yr. is beyond ridiculous, but I'll assume you were being hyperbolic?

That said, given the comments of Lucchino, BC, JF, & others with the RS, visa vi Papi's absolute right to push for a contract extension given his HISTORIC production & being the driving force behind the latest WS Title, this debate should be over.  EVERYONE in a position of power with the RS acknowledges the FACT that Papi has good standing with this desire to be given an extension.  Lucchino, in his latest interview with TC seemed unfazed by David's strong push for the extension.  In fact, he affirmed his RIGHT and justification for doing so.  He absolutely defended Papi's push for this, public & behind the scenes.

I LOVE the fact that Papi is pushing to stay with the Red Sox.  He loves this team, & wants to stay.  How can you not like that in our franchise player?!?  Hase David earned the right to sound off against his detractors?  To sound off against those who question his loyalty?  To sound off against those who would criticize him for simply pushing for a 1 year extension, after PROVING HIS WORTH ten ways to Sunday? 

Is there some risk in giving him the extension?  Of course!  It's a risk at any age, let alone a guy pushing 40.  Does he keep proving father time wrong?  You bet your arrhhsss!  He's WORTH THE RISK simply based on past production.  He's WORTH THE RISK based on recent production! 

Once again........  It's gonna be so much fun watching Bill-69, Stiffy, & all other bashers EAT THEIR WORDS :)  I love the fact that Billy can be so embarrassed last year by Papi, & still be undeterred in making the same mistake the very next season.  Keep on yapping Billy!!!  You're our #1 good luck charm.  Well.....????   #2, right behind your bestie The Stiff One.  :)

Sections
Shortcuts