Breaking News-Ken Rosenthal/FoxSports: Francona expected to leave Red Sox-your reaction

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Re: Breaking News-Ken Rosenthal/FoxSports: Francona expected to leave Red Sox-your reaction

Red sox FO are a bunch of snakes. Keep francona and get rid of that piece of garbage theo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: Breaking News-Ken Rosenthal/FoxSports: Francona expected to leave Red Sox-your reaction

It is too bad it always end up being the coach when the team performs poorly. I can think of some players and a gm that should go first. Having said that, Francona has to take some of the blame for lack of his manager moves especially over the last month. I know its the players who ultimately need to perform, but leaving pitchers in too long, Lowrie batting clean-up, and taking crap from primma donna's like Lackey don't help your cause. I know he is a players manager, but he needed to get in their faces this last month and challenge them. I just did not see it. I saw him popping lots of bubble gum. I also think Francona might want to be done. He might be just so tired of that clubhouse that he wants out. Tired of being disrespected by some of the players. Tired of their excuses. Tired of their lazy ways. Just tired of coaching the SOX. Whatever the case, I thank him for all he has done for the RED SOX. Best of luck if you go on to bigger and better things.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

A good man in a very tough sports town.  8-0 in World Series games, and if he was at all "responsible" for this year's collapse, he was equally as "responsible" for those numbers.  But for any of couple the losses that cost them the playoffs, he is their all time winningest managet from a percentage standpoint.  Going to hate like heck to see him go, but if he does (and especially if he does) then every player should be under then gun if not gone, regardless of their history or presence in the community. 

And I don't think this falls on Theo to the degree he needs to go either, bad deals happen either by miscalculation of scouting or a player's apparent lack of caring.  However, they all get "adult" paychecks, they (the players) all need to put in an adult performance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Let him leave ...DO US ALL A FAVOR!!!!! Theo is giving him the choice to walk or be fired...he will choose to walk so it dosent look so bad on him. GET OUT OF HERE FRANHORRIBLE!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I honestly don't blame him for leaving.  While I don't blame Francona very much for what happened, it's hard to come back to Boston when you know the same guys will be here.  They didn't get the message this year, and it's clear he's lost a certain segment of his clubhouse, and he gets the blame for that, fairly or unfairly.  It would be more of the same next year, and I think he's had enough trying to get guys who don't pull in the same direction to change their ways.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

he will depart with his head up !!!!!THERE WILL BE MORE INFO TO FOLLOW !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

It is more of a whisper   his  choice  to lighten his load  or  Sox  not exercising the option   for  $4.5 Million.

The elements are still here  for a     90 win + team next year....   But  because   2011  they won  1 less game  with a far superior team than 2010, someone has to pay.

Terry can   do TV  or  will  get another job   in an instant,   don't think  he'll need to file for unemployment.

A team that could not  or refused  to try an manufacture  runs  with  sacrifices   (year in and year out)  loses  73   games    winning   1 of those games  and they are in post season..

Yanks  shopwed them on Sunday  1st   2 batters against  Wakefield  bunted    and they had a run  in the first inning.   Sox  just  waited too many times  for that big home run that never came.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think the best possible scenario is that he leaves because it's what he wants.  A quick, clean break, lots of time to search for a replacement.  He leaves behind a great legacy and whatever he does next will be better for his health. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

bad deals happen-- theo epstein. FU sox fans

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from plinny. Show plinny's posts

I think it's telling that there was a meeting after a 14 run victory. It was at this moment that it finally sunk in that they would have to score 14 every night in order to keep the game out of Francona's reach. Besides Lackey and Ortiz this was a team full of gamers who, I think, finally realized that their manager sucks at his job. They didn't need a best buddy, they needed somebody to make game decisions while keeping his foot on the gas. I wouldn't mind having a few of those games back that he threw away just to spare some millionaire a bruised ego. Let Belichick manage this group and you can plan your parade this afternoon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News-Ken Rosenthal/FoxSports: Francona expected to leave Red Sox-your reaction:
    [QUOTE]I think the best possible scenario is that he leaves because it's what he wants.  A quick, clean break, lots of time to search for a replacement.  He leaves behind a great legacy and whatever he does next will be better for his health. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

when Francona was asked about his furture in Boston, he said it wasn't the day to discuss it. I think it's already been decided. Francona looked dejected and stressed, understandably. Regardless of who decided what,  eight years is a long run with any team, more so with a organization as intense as Boston. It may be time for both to move in a different direction.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

They're letting him go with his head up. Make no mistake about it, he is being FIRED, and rightly so!! It's a gain of 8 to 12 games in the standings each and every year. With the teams he's had to work with, they would have equaled or, more than likely, surpassed their records every year with NO manager. Let the players decide who starts and when to replace pitchers and whether or not to play small ball. No doubt in my mind, this is the most positive move they've made since he was hired!
    GOOD RIDDANCE !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Theo needs to be held accountable for his bad moves. The Lackey deal is a disaster, and they still owe this guy 30 mill for the next 2 years. Buck Showalter is rumored to be going to the O's front office, and if thats the case i would be on the phone to Francona right now. Managers just need a change of scenery every so often, so if he is leaving so be it. However, for any Boston fan to say Francona sucks, when he has given you 2 World Series is insane. Thank the man, and wish him well. Because he will be a successful manger somewhere else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Francona will still be managing the Sox.     Ozzie Guillen has left Chicago to manage the Marlins.    Francona is familiar with Chicago.   The job is open.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I think Tito should go to St. Louis if they will have him. Great city for baseball, team will spend money, and low key (a complete rarity in combination).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Francona is the best Red Sox manager of all time.

But his expiration date (and all managers have them) is long past, he did an atrocious job this year. He absolutely needs to move on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News-Ken Rosenthal/FoxSports: Francona expected to leave Red Sox-your reaction:
    [QUOTE]They're letting him go with his head up. Make no mistake about it, he is being FIRED, and rightly so!! It's a gain of 8 to 12 games in the standings each and every year. With the teams he's had to work with, they would have equaled or, more than likely, surpassed their records every year with NO manager. Let the players decide who starts and when to replace pitchers and whether or not to play small ball. No doubt in my mind, this is the most positive move they've made since he was hired! GOOD RIDDANCE !!
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

Well BOSOX, you and the other Tito bashers can all be happy now...however, I disagree that he was getting FIRED, I believe he is choosing the option to walk away from what has turned into a bad situation in the Sox clubhouse.

Now maybe he is partially responsible for what transpired in that clubhouse this season, I still strongly believe that responsibility for the September collapse falls directly on the players...apparently the team meeting he called after a 14-0 win in Toronto in early September could not change the attitudes of some players in that clubhouse. Any manager knows it's time to move on when the players stop heeding management advise.

It'll be interesting what players are moved and what other events transpire during the off season that might shed light to which players were part of the problem...but we may never know for sure.

With all this said BOSOX, I just hope the GM (whether it is Theo or someone else) can find a new manager that is equally as capable (which I know you don't agree with) to take over this team.

Is Joe Maddon available - because if Tito chooses to leave that's the type of manager needed here...fact he has many of the same managerial characteristics of Francona but with a little more discipline. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

the big problem is who replaces him.who would want to put up with the overpaid,mostly uncoachable primadonnas onthe team and the high pressure bston environment from the media and red sox nation.
    maddon.he's doing great in no pressure tampa
    torre-he's been threr don that
    larussa-cards love him and he's happy there
    any ohter ideas.
    Plan b-surround coma with top notch coaches and see what happens.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

What is wrong with your grammar? Did you get out of the first grade?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Problem is not between Theo and Terry, it is John Henry and Terry.  John Henry isnt happy the way Francona have managed this year.  So therefore, Terry is unhappy hearing all the verbal complains from Henry.  Now that is the main reason why Terry is leaving!!!  Guess Henry is all over him in past two years!!!

Same problem with Theo, John Henry pressured Theo to get Lackey and Crawford cuz Henry didnt want either one to go to the Yankees.  Instead Theo was forced to signed both of them.  That was also what happen with Mark Texeria backing out of Boston's deal cuz John Henry was at the meeting.  

I think John Henry is the one screwed up the organization in the last three years.  He got to relax and let these people do the jobs.  They know what they are doing more than John do!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from plinny. Show plinny's posts

Why does everybody (especially the apologists) dwell so much on clubhouse management. He was awful where it counted: during the actual game itself. Maybe next year we'll actually get to see what it looks like to have somebody up in the bullpen before the game is out of hand.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

[QUOTE]What is wrong with your grammer? Did you get out of the first grade?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

how about yours ah.grammer?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

shut it tool box

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Agree Soxdog - this is on the players. Managers can do just so much, but if the players have their own agenda, well, such is life. That being said, just like with Torre, nothing lasts forever, no mater what that manager means in team history. Maybe it is time for Tito to split.

Sections
Shortcuts