BREAKING NEWS, LAVARNWAY & MORTENSON SEEN @ FENWAY PAAAAK........

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: BREAKING NEWS, LAVARNWAY & MORTENSON SEEN @ FENWAY PAAAAK........

In Response to BREAKING NEWS, LAVARNWAY & MORTENSON SEEN @ FENWAY PAAAAK........:
    TODAY   !!!!   Stand by to welcome the next "CARLTON FISK", and MORTENSON IS  INTERESTING TOO !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

LINK....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Both are contingencies.

Mortenson is there because Albers was traded and Breslow won't get there in time to be in uniform tonight.  He goes back down as soon as Breslow arrives, probably after the game tonight.

Lavarnway is there in case Shoppach is moved.  He will not be added to the 25 man roster unless that happens.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS, LAVARNWAY & MORTENSON SEEN @ FENWAY PAAAAK........:
    Both are contingencies. Mortenson is there because Albers was traded and Breslow won't get there in time to be in uniform tonight.  He goes back down as soon as Breslow arrives, probably after the game tonight. Lavarnway is there in case Shoppach is moved.  He will not be added to the 25 man roster unless that happens.
    Posted by illinoisredsox

Makes sense.  I like Lavarnway, but I don't see Shoppach leaving. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

One more completely off OP by bill-806. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Based on tonights lineup, Lava could be up to replace Sweeney with Bobby carrying 3 catchers......Ciriaco and Aviles can handle OF if necessary.....also may mean that Papi could be further away than we think and we may see alot of Lava and Salty at DH....speculation of course.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS, LAVARNWAY & MORTENSON SEEN @ FENWAY PAAAAK........:
    Based on tonights lineup, Lava could be up to replace Sweeney with Bobby carrying 3 catchers......Ciriaco and Aviles can handle OF if necessary.....also may mean that Papi could be further away than we think and we may see alot of Lava and Salty at DH....speculation of course.
    Posted by tomnev

I'll repeat it again.  Lava was not called up.  They brought him physically to Boston in case something happend with Shoppach.  Since it apparently did not, he's probably already on his way back to Pawtucket (assuming they are home) and will be in uniform for the PawSox tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS, LAVARNWAY & MORTENSON SEEN @ FENWAY PAAAAK........ :    Ben, screwed me !!!   This was a done deal !!!! He told me so !!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Good comeback. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

tom-nev, I thought Kalish was brought up for Sweeney?

No need for three catchers; Shop and Salty still here. Lavarnway?

Since when does MLB allow a team to bring a player up to fill in for the new player who is in transit to the new team? 

Albers comes off the Sox 25, Breslow is added to the Sox 25 simultaneously; is that correct or not? So Mort means we have 26 players on the 25. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS, LAVARNWAY & MORTENSON SEEN @ FENWAY PAAAAK........ : I'll repeat it again.  Lava was not called up.  They brought him physically to Boston in case something happend with Shoppach.  Since it apparently did not, he's probably already on his way back to Pawtucket (assuming they are home) and will be in uniform for the PawSox tonight.
    Posted by illinoisredsox

Ilinois....as i said...just speculating....but I havent seen any announcement on the Callup for Sweeney if he is DLed.....you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

tom-nev, I thought Kalish was brought up for Sweeney? No need for three catchers; Shop and Salty still here. Lavarnway? Since when does MLB allow a team to bring a player up to fill in for the new player who is in transit to the new team?  Albers comes off the Sox 25, Breslow is added to the Sox 25 simultaneously; is that correct or not? So Mort means we have 26 players on the 25. 
    Posted by MadMc44

I think they can add Mortensen temporarily to replace Albers , but technically he would be replacing Sweeney. If that is the case, they could not activate Kalish for tonight. They have to play with a 24 man roster until Breslow arrives.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS, LAVARNWAY & MORTENSON SEEN @ FENWAY PAAAAK........ : Ilinois....as i said...just speculating....but I havent seen any announcement on the Callup for Sweeney if he is DLed.....you?
    Posted by tomnev

Nothing official, but then I'm not sure Sweeney has actually been placed on the DL as of right now.

Kalish and Lin are the only OFs on the 40 man, so it would almost surely be one of them, and of the 2, Kalish would be the choice.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS, LAVARNWAY & MORTENSON SEEN @ FENWAY PAAAAK........ : Nothing official, but then I'm not sure Sweeney has actually been placed on the DL as of right now. Kalish and Lin are the only OFs on the 40 man, so it would almost surely be one of them, and of the 2, Kalish would be the choice.
    Posted by illinoisredsox

Not ure they need to replace Sweeney with and OF.....with Ross, Ells. CC, and Nava, and with the fact that Ciriaco and Aviles can both play OF......the need for a 5th OF isnt urgent....on the other hand with Papi out, they do need to fill the DH role and since tonight Bobby is doing that with his Backup Catcher....and to my knowledge no one else on the roster is an Emergency 3rd catcher......seems pretty risky.....unless you activate Lava for Sweeney...perfect fill for the DH role and voila a 3rd catcher.  When Papi comes back you send him back.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

In Response to BREAKING NEWS, LAVARNWAY & MORTENSON SEEN @ FENWAY PAAAAK........:
    TODAY   !!!!   Stand by to welcome the next "CARLTON FISK", and MORTENSON IS  INTERESTING TOO !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

No offense to Lavarnway but he ain't no Carlton Fisk!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS, LAVARNWAY & MORTENSON SEEN @ FENWAY PAAAAK........ : No offense to you, SON....... You wouldn't know a Carlton Fisk if you saw one !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

take it from billiam. hes an expert

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS, LAVARNWAY & MORTENSON SEEN @ FENWAY PAAAAK........ : No offense to you, SON....... You wouldn't know a Carlton Fisk if you saw one !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Aha!  Another opportunity for Bill to enlighten us with his superior intellect and deep baseball knowledge.

Bill, what makes you think Lavarnway is "the next Carlton Fisk"?  How do you compare them as catchers?  As batters?  How do you compare their relative achievement by age?

Do you have even a single sensible thought to share, or is it just ignorant, hopeful nonsense?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

Posted by Bill-806

I lived Carlton Fisk and know him as well as member of the Sox EVER. Lavarnway is no Fisk.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

In Response to Re: BREAKING NEWS, LAVARNWAY & MORTENSON SEEN @ FENWAY PAAAAK........ : hE WILL BE HERE THIS WEEK AS  D H & 3RD CATCHER !!!   Salty's bat suffers when he is overworked on the field...... Also, Big Papi at age 36/42 will not be walking thru that door anytime soooon !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

I have no issue with him being here at all. As a matter of fact I believe if he is up here he should be playing 4 out of 5 days and let's see what he can do and if he is as bad defensively as they say. I also think he may be the answer to the post-Papi era of Red Sox baseball. That being said all I am trying to say is don't hand the "weighty" Carlton Fisk iron around the guys neck. He should be a nice bat for the Sox but he isnt Pudge. 

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts