Breaking News: nhsteven announces sequel:`Some of The Protagonists II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Re: Breaking News: nhsteven announces sequel:`Some of The Protagonists II

In Response to Re: Breaking News: nhsteven announces sequel:`Some of The Protagonists II:
    In Response to Re: Breaking News: nhsteven announces sequel:`Some of The Protagonists II : How about a lady geisha robot that happens to be a Yankee fan?
    Posted by nhsteven

Works for me.  As long as there are lots of robots so we can throw in some cheesy f/x, I'm happy. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Spaceman, I'd be cool with a dude in drag..so to speak...and no, I don't think I'd want the lead role...I'd much rather have an action-ie type role where I get to shoot things.  Maybe some sort of villian type role -  I can have lines like,

"RoboTony, don't be foolish!! RoboMaria is a Yankee fan!!" (or a Sox fan, depending on which way we go).

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Daisuke Matsuzaka and Hideki Okajima grin and bear it in September 2007.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

photo

Hideki Okajima as Pirate

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

photo

Jacoby Ellsbury as Red Riding Hood

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: nhsteven announces sequel:`Some of The Protagonists II:
    AP Daisuke Matsuzaka and Hideki Okajima grin and bear it in September 2007.
    Posted by fir.eballer58

Oh man.  Now I see why Daisuke was a basket case and the Japanese-sidekick-throw-in Hideki was a stalwart bullpen guy during their respective tenures with the Sox.  Dice has to wear this completely humiliating teltubbie get-up and Oki gets to wear the leather-esque bad-ass pirate get-up with a sword?  This could cause irreparable damage.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Spaceman, I'd be cool with a dude in drag..so to speak...and no, I don't think I'd want the lead role...I'd much rather have an action-ie type role where I get to shoot things.  Maybe some sort of villian type role -  I can have lines like, "RoboTony, don't be foolish!! RoboMaria is a Yankee fan!!" (or a Sox fan, depending on which way we go).
    Posted by Yoshimi25

"When you're a Yank, you're a Yank, from your first hgh (sorry, cue thread devolution) to your last robo-swing"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

If we are going to do a West Side Story thing - I am willing to be the Robo - Bernardo character if Yoshimi plays the Robo -Anita character. Doesn't matter if I get killed half-way through by some punk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It was a RS forum, and now I feel like I'm reading VARIETY. And I have only one person to blame ................

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

jessey and nh, when it comes to ellsburry the sox have a saying for him, "Considering what this young man has been through in his short lifetime, he is truly a persperation"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

If we are going to do a West Side Story thing - I am willing to be the Robo - Bernardo character if Yoshimi plays the Robo -Anita character. Doesn't matter if I get killed half-way through by some punk.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Actually, Robo-Anita was kinda what I had in mind for my own role...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

jessey and nh, when it comes to ellsburry the sox have a saying for him, " Considering what this young man has been through in his short lifetime, he is truly a persperation"
    Posted by can-you-dig-it

If I ever do another casting, and I need somebody for Casey Stengel or Yogi Berra, I think I may have found my man.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

It was a RS forum, and now I feel like I'm reading VARIETY. And I have only one person to blame ................
    Posted by nhsteven

lol! You brought out the creativity in all of us! Yay!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I don't know which cartoon character best suits me, but the adult version of this guy would definitely be my boyfriend.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FFGlouc. Show FFGlouc's posts

Good evening to my good friends on Red Sox: On the front burner. Here are the lyrics to nhsteven's latest movie: On the Front Burner West Side Story

Teixeira: (Spoken) Against the Red Sox we need every man we got.

Cano: (Spoken) A-Rod don't belong any more.

Jeter: Cut it, A-Rod is important to us Yankees.

Cano: Well, he acts like he don't wanna belong.

Burnett: Who wouldn't wanna belong to the Yankees!
    Cano: A-Rod ain't been with us for over a month.

Gardner: What about the day we clobbered the Rays?

Colon: Which we couldn't have done without A-Rod.

Burnett: He saved my ever-lovin' neck!

Teixeira: Right! He's always come through for us and he will now.

(sings)
    When you're a Yankee,
    You're a Yankee all the way
    From your first chewing tobacco
    To your last dyin' day.

When you're a Yankee,
    If the spit hits the fan,
    You got brothers around,
    You're a family man!

You're never alone,
    You're never disconnected!
    You're home with your own:
    When the Sox are expected,
    You're well protected!

Then you are set
    With a capital Y,
    Which you'll never forget
    Till they cart you away.
    When you're a Yankee,
    You stay a Yankee!

(spoken) I know A-Rod like I know me.
    I guarantee you can count him in.

Cano: In, out, let's get crackin'.

Colon: Where you gonna find the Red Sox?

Teixeira: They come to New York September 23
    Sabathia: We should be in 1st place by then.
    Teixeira: We will add to the lead by the end of that series.

Colon: Great, Mr. T

Teixeira: So everybody be ready and sharp.

ALL (sing)
    Oh, when the Yankees meet the Sox in the fall at the Stadium,
    We'll be leading the AL East,,
    The Sox are going to nose dive !

Teixeira: (Spoken) Hey. Cool. Easy. Sweet.
    Meet A-Rod and me on September 23rd. And walk tall!

Colon: We always walk tall!

Burnett: We're Yankees!

Cano: The greatest!

Cano and Burnett (sing)
    When you're a Yankee
    You're the top cat in AL East,
    You're the gold medal kid
    With the heavyweight crown!

Cano, Colon, BIG DEAL
    When you're a Yank,
    You're the swingin'est thing:
    Little boy, you're a man;
    Little man, you're a king!

ALL
    The Yanks are in gear,
    Our cylinders are clickin'!
    The Sox steer clear
    'Cause ev'ry Sox is a lousy chicken!

Here come the Yankees
    Like a bat out of hell.
    Someone gets in our way,
    Someone don't feel so well!

Here come the Yankees:
    Little world, step aside!
    Better go underground,
    Better run, better hide!

We're drawin' the line,
    So keep your noses hidden!
    We're hangin' a sign,
    Says "Visitors forbidden"
    And we ain't kiddin'!

Here come the Yankees,
    Yeah! And we're gonna beat
    Ev'ry last buggin' team in the
    On the whole buggin' AL East!
    On the whole!
    Ever!
    Mother!
    Lovin'!
    AL East!
    Yeah!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I desire to be Aquaman.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I desire to be Aquaman.
    Posted by BurritoT

Do you look like Vinnie Chase?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Hideki Okajima as Pirate
    Posted by fir.eballer58

This I can relate to. Softy would be great as Daedalus, the Hercules villain.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

From Inside The Monster: Friday, September 18 The Annual Red Sox Rookie Hazing   I have to admit, I love rookie hazing. From wearing tiny pink back packs to forcing foreign players who speak no English to dress up like Dorthy from The Wizzard of Ozz, it just never gets old for me. The annual ritual appears to be getting more and more creative as the years go by, probably because Dusty is the one thinking of how to embarrass these rookies the most. This year's theme was "The Wizard of Oz.", in addition to Tazarwa as Dorthy, Josh Reddick dressed as Glinda the Good Witch, Dusty Brown could barely fit in his Scarecrow costume, which made it even more funny. Daniel Bard enjoyed his role as the Cowardly Lion...maybe a little too much. Michael Bowden took on the role as the Tin Man. Jed Lowrie was the Wicked Witch of the West. Since Lowrie doesn't have one full year of big league experience, he was forced to dress up again this year, you may remember that last year he was a character from the "High School Musical" series. I can't imagine the horrible, horrible things Pedey is saying to these guys and making them do. I'm going to do some digging to find out what Dusty was forced to wear/do a few years back when he broke into the bigs.
    Posted by fir.eballer58

Tha Yankees had this rookie hazing theme in 2007. From what I can recall, Ian Kennedy was Dorothy, Phil Hughes was the Tin Man, Joba was the lion, & Kei Igawa was a monkey; now in Kei's case, that's about right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: nhsteven announces sequel:`Some of The Protagonists II : Tha Yankees had this rookie hazing theme in 2008. From what I can recall, Ian Kennedy was Dorothy, Phil Hughes was the Tin Man, I forget Joba what was, & Kei Igawa was a monkey; now in Kei's case, that's about right.
    Posted by nhsteven

and in joba's case, given his career trajectory, this also sounds about right.  Tongue out

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: nhsteven announces sequel:`Some of The Protagonists II : and in joba's case, given his career trajectory, this also sounds about right.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

I updated the post, including a link. And FWIW, he's actually pitched well the last yr or so. Of course, he's out until 2012.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Spaceman, I'd be cool with a dude in drag..so to speak...and no, I don't think I'd want the lead role...I'd much rather have an action-ie type role where I get to shoot things.  Maybe some sort of villian type role -  I can have lines like, "RoboTony, don't be foolish!! RoboMaria is a Yankee fan!!" (or a Sox fan, depending on which way we go).
    Posted by Yoshimi25

The Yankee sharks should all have a photo of Jeter on their shirts, and a pin striped design

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Chamberlain, left, is dressed as the Lion and Kennedy is Dorothy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Hughes is dressed as the Tin Man.
    of Oz"

Sections
Shortcuts