Breaking News: Ryan Braun has won his appeal for suspension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Breaking News: Ryan Braun has won his appeal for suspension

No comment, except "Really". Certainly Braun could not replace Jeter as the face of MLB if he had been suspended for PED usage, so something had to be done.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: Ryan Braun has won his appeal for suspension:
    No comment, except " Really ". Certainly Braun could not replace Jeter as the face of MLB if he had been suspended for PED usage, so something had to be done.
    Posted by jesseyeric

What would be worse for MLB? Another PED player, or getting caught fixing a PED case?

I don't think MLB execs are that stupid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

They just don't want Kemp to be given the MVP award.
    Posted by moonslav59

I still don't understand that one. I thought he was the runaway MVP, his numbers beat Ellsbury in nearly every category and there was no Verlander puting up one of the greatest all-time pitching seasons in the NL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: Ryan Braun has won his appeal for suspension : What would be worse for MLB? Another PED player, or getting caught fixing a PED case? I don't think MLB execs are that stupid.
    Posted by ThefourBs

You mean, those same execs who let the roid problem run unchecked for decadees until it blew up in their face and took down some of the most reckognizable figures to ever play?

Not exactly shining beacons of intelligence or foresight. WHat they HAVE proven to be, however, is greedy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: Ryan Braun has won his appeal for suspension : What would be worse for MLB? Another PED player, or getting caught fixing a PED case? I don't think MLB execs are that stupid.
    Posted by ThefourBs

I don't know what to think, but no way Braun should be given a free pass on this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: Ryan Braun has won his appeal for suspension : You mean, those same execs who let the roid problem run unchecked for decadees until it blew up in their face and took down some of the most reckognizable figures to ever play? Not exactly shining beacons of intelligence or foresight. WHat they HAVE proven to be, however, is greedy.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Yup, they ignored the problem, because it benefited them to do so and it got away from them.

I just don't think they're dumb enough to make the same mistake again with the PEDS issue.

If they're trying to "fix" things, why not just fix the test and avoid this mess altogether?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: Ryan Braun has won his appeal for suspension : I don't know what to think, but no way Braun should be given a free pass on this.
    Posted by jesseyeric

The court of public opinion won't allow for that, Jessey.

Just read this thread.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: Ryan Braun has won his appeal for suspension : I don't know what to think, but no way Braun should be given a free pass on this.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Agreed.  The whole situation stinks, especially when you view it in the prism of Bud Selig's former ownership of the Brewers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

guys if Selig and his history with the Brewers were a factor he never would have let Braun be accused. Its the players union as usual.... they and the arbitrators are all in the same boat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: Ryan Braun has won his appeal for suspension : The chain of evidence was broken by the sample taker
    Posted by mnsoxcat

Yes, that was what the appeal was all about. Reversed on a technicality.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

It is a bunch of garbage. He is not innocent. He was found not guilty of a technicality.  He will probably be booed moreso now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: Ryan Braun has won his appeal for suspension : He should have just claimed it was a tainted milkshake.
    Posted by TBSHBT1969

This was an inevitable post on this thread, and you were the inevitable poster.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: Ryan Braun has won his appeal for suspension : This was an inevitable post on this thread, and you were the inevitable poster.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

You're right space.I shouldn't even respond to it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: Ryan Braun has won his appeal for suspension : I just find it amusing that some of the same people that are up in arms about this are the same ones who are willing to give papi a pass.
    Posted by TBSHBT1969

Why bother getting up in arms about Ortiz, when there are plenty of Yankee fans to do it for us?

Just delegating the work to those to do it best.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Babe has already gotten banned.That's the REAL first sign of Spring.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: Ryan Braun has won his appeal for suspension : The court of public opinion won't allow for that, Jessey. Just read this thread.
    Posted by ThefourBs

I disagree B. I think this will die out in the National press and maybe resurface for a short while at the beginning of the year. Milwaukee local press and National Press will back off after awhile. Braun is well liked. If this was A-Rod, Manny, or other gigantic name, it would be front page news for 6 months.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: Ryan Braun has won his appeal for suspension : I disagree B. I think this will die out in the National press and maybe resurface for a short while at the beginning of the year. Milwaukee local press and National Press will back off after awhile. Braun is well liked. If this was A-Rod, Manny, or other gigantic name, it would be front page news for 6 months.
    Posted by jesseyeric

The daily chatter will die out, Jessey. But, what happens the next time he's up for an award of some kind?

You'll hear a lot about this test again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnsoxcat. Show mnsoxcat's posts

Don't any of you agree with due process?  How would you feel if you did not do something, yet were punished for it, and had no way to appeal the decison?  The system worked!  False positives are a fact of life, especially when a sample is not properly cared for.  I can personally attest to that!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Yes, Good for Brauny............good for common sense......... Too much testosterone?  C'mon...should baseball be playedby girly-men?  Sometimes I wonder where this present slippery slope is going to end up......... Too much testosterone is farcial..
    Posted by bald-predictions

Fox is reporting Brauns testosterone level was 3 times higher than any previous player. I would say that's too much BP

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: Ryan Braun has won his appeal for suspension : Don't any of you agree with due process?  How would you feel if you did not do something, yet were punished for it, and had no way to appeal the decison?  The system worked!  False positives are a fact of life, especially when a sample is not properly cared for.  I can personally attest to that!
    Posted by mnsoxcat

Due process is one thing. Exploiting absurd technicalities and loopholes is another. The sample WAS properly cared for, some people are misconstruing the events.

The chain of custody WAS NOT BROKEN according to info out there. The courier missing the truck, then taking it home and securing it in his personal fridge maitains the chain of custody. How do I know? Experience wth transporting of controlled substances, i.e. morphine, oxycontin and the such.

What the loophole was, the language states something to the affect of "smaples must be transported to lab within 24 hours." Missing the truck blew that deadline, and forced the arbitors hand legally.

There is no issue of a tampered with test, or a swapped test, or anything else. It's the same as if you owe the Government taxes, and don't do it by the 15th, you get charged fees on top of it.

This only fuels my conspiracy theory that baseball engineered this. How easy to tell this part time courier to just "accidentally" be 15 minutes late. Then, problem of having your MVP test positive: solved.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Without Fielder in the lineup, no way he matches last season's numbers.  So when he hits .280/20/80, the whispers are going to start again

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

As with Tiger Woods and Dr. Galea, Braun will be forever considered a PED fraud. And that is fair.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnsoxcat. Show mnsoxcat's posts

Allegedly placed in refigerator.  There are also reports that it sat un-refrigerated for over 12 hours.  Also, that the sampler was in such a hurry that he may have mis-lapeled the samples.  Do I believe any or all of this? Not really, but once the process is tainted, everything is tainted.

ALso, look at the actual results.  3 times higher that anyone has ever tested, yet none of his other samples ever tested abnormal.  You have extensive history in the medical field.  Ever have a false positive test?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: Ryan Braun has won his appeal for suspension : Allegedly placed in refigerator.  There are also reports that it sat un-refrigerated for over 12 hours.  Also, that the sampler was in such a hurry that he may have mis-lapeled the samples.  Do I believe any or all of this? Not really, but once the process is tainted, everything is tainted. ALso, look at the actual results.  3 times higher that anyone has ever tested, yet none of his other samples ever tested abnormal.  You have extensive history in the medical field.  Ever have a false positive test?
    Posted by mnsoxcat

All Braun's lawyer had to do was place reasonable doubt in the mind of two arbitrators. One didn't buy it. Do I think it's reasonable, No. Do I think we've all become jaded, yes, with good reason. This will follow Braun for the rest of his career.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Braun speaking on CNN now.

Sections
Shortcuts