Breaking News:Cubs ask permission to speak to Epstein-Do you want Epstein to stay?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Re: Breaking News:Cubs ask permission to speak to Epstein-Do you want Epstein to stay?

The sox finished the year with the 8th best record.  That is the defination of above average to me with 30 teams.

Anybody can use the state that prove their point.  How many teams had a cumulative number of wins that exceed the sox during theo's term.  Not more than one or 2 I bet.  Theo made a few mistakes.  Theo hit a few home runs in his deals.  Theo did fine in others.  At least Lackey was a mistake on pitching, rather than the lugo's of the world.  The yankees have had burnetts and kevin browns as well.  The jays have had vernon wells.  Even the rays had manny, but he was at least cheap, a mistake, but cheap.  For every guy who wanted to keep Bay, there was one who wanted to dump him.  Half the people were wrong.  This is not an exact science, and no magical formula. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: Breaking News:Cubs ask permission to speak to Epstein-Do you want Epstein to stay?

In Response to Re: Breaking News:Cubs ask permission to speak to Epstein-Do you want Epstein to stay?:
    The sox finished the year with the 8th best record.  That is the defination of above average to me with 30 teams. Anybody can use the state that prove their point.  How many teams had a cumulative number of wins that exceed the sox during theo's term.  Not more than one or 2 I bet.  Theo made a few mistakes.  Theo hit a few home runs in his deals.  Theo did fine in others.  At least Lackey was a mistake on pitching, rather than the lugo's of the world.  The yankees have had burnetts and kevin browns as well.  The jays have had vernon wells.  Even the rays had manny, but he was at least cheap, a mistake, but cheap.  For every guy who wanted to keep Bay, there was one who wanted to dump him.  Half the people were wrong.  This is not an exact science, and no magical formula. 
    Posted by adam4522

In case you haven't been paying attention for the past 15 years, the MLB deck is stacked in favor of teams that have more money to spend.  So when you spend as much on Lackey, Crawford and Cameron as TB does on their whole team, you are below 'below average.'

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Then Cashman must be the worst GM, as he spends the most $ by far and only wins a couple of games more than the sox.  I mean, if they spend 10% more than the sox, shouldn't they win 10% more games, and if they spend 400% more than another team, shouldn't they win 4 times the number of games.  They don't, so cashman must be THE WORST gm in the league using your logic.  Doing more with less is part of being a good GM, as is not spending the $ on the wrong guy, as is finding talent through the draft, as is finding the right manager, staff, and scouts, etc.  There are lots of factors to being a good GM, more than we actually know.  $$ is one of them, but far from the most important one.  Consistent wins is the most important one in my eyes by far.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Clean sweep time...man has got to go!....After wasting half a billion, why are we even discussing this....Buh-Bye Theo!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News:Cubs ask permission to speak to Epstein-Do you want Epstein to stay?:
    Then Cashman must be the worst GM, as he spends the most $ by far and only wins a couple of games more than the sox.  I mean, if they spend 10% more than the sox, shouldn't they win 10% more games, and if they spend 400% more than another team, shouldn't they win 4 times the number of games.  They don't, so cashman must be THE WORST gm in the league using your logic.  Doing more with less is part of being a good GM, as is not spending the $ on the wrong guy, as is finding talent through the draft, as is finding the right manager, staff, and scouts, etc.  There are lots of factors to being a good GM, more than we actually know.  $$ is one of them, but far from the most important one.  Consistent wins is the most important one in my eyes by far.
    Posted by adam4522

Another hopeless Theo Chick. 

And sure, Cashman, like Theo, has a one of the easiest GM jobs in the league.  I don't recall the Yanks finishing in 3rd place in consecutive years though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

Epstein is a joke. He had no baseball background and got in the business off of his father's entertainment background and relationship with Werner. Pray the Cubs are stupid enough to take INEpstein's final contract year. I imagine Luchino and Henry are euphoric and will send the Cubs a gift in addition to granting them the blessing to get rid of the #1 problem for the Red Sox. 
    Posted by 1958lesspaul

Amen to that. The clown has about as much baseball knowledge as he does people skills. Everyone just needs to hope to god that the Cubs are stupid enough to give him whatever it's gonna take to get him to leave. And the sooner the better. Don't give him the chance to do another last stupid thing before he leaves.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Sure, we'll send him over, just give us Zambrano or Soriano. Thx.

Sections
Shortcuts