[BREAKING] Sox sign Ryan Roberts to a major league deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[BREAKING] Sox sign Ryan Roberts to a major league deal

https://twitter.com/BHSCouncil/status/453175911307685888

gotta be WMB's RHB replacement

Sox need to open up a spot in 40 men roster and I'm guessing Butler will be placed on the waiver and Holt optioned back to AAA. 

Why Sox signed Roberts.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/content/20140407-red-sox-sign-if-ryan-roberts.ece

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: [BREAKING] Sox sign Ryan Roberts to a major league deal

http://fansided.com/2014/04/07/ryan-roberts-signs-major-league-deal-red-sox/#!C3Fkn

Man, look at the ink on that guy!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

They are probably going to go with a Herrera/Roberts platoon or a Holt/Roberts Platoon until WMB gets back.  I would assume the Sox would have to release one of Herrera/Roberts/Holt when WMB comes back though...if Roberts shines that could be Herrera. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Little bit concerned that we have to play 7 games against tough opponents without WMB and possibly Papi as well.  I heard that Papi was dealing with calf injury as well.  He played yesterday so hope nothing really serious.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

33 year old mediocre ham and egger. Rays reject. Stop this dumpster diving. Bring up Cecchini.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

33 year old mediocre ham and egger. Rays reject. Stop this dumpster diving. Bring up Cecchini.

[/QUOTE]

PLEASE STOP!  

Why do we continue to do this? Cecchini played half of last season in A ball. Yes he is off to a hot start in AAA but in only 12.....12!!! at bats.

Cecchini is more likley a mid season call up, the bat is close and may be there but he has a lot more work defensively to do.

Roberts is a good defender and a platoon of him and Holt will give us a decent replacement at the position (more than WMB would when he struggles)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

PLEASE STOP!  

Why do we continue to do this? Cecchini played half of last season in A ball. Yes he is off to a hot start in AAA but in only 12.....12!!! at bats.

Cecchini is more likley a mid season call up, the bat is close and may be there but he has a lot more work defensively to do.

Roberts is a good defender and a platoon of him and Holt will give us a decent replacement at the position (more than WMB would when he struggles)

[/QUOTE]

We are going to lose games if we use these kind of castoffs. We always brag about our farm system, but are always reluctant to challenge them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

PLEASE STOP!  

[/QUOTE]

We are going to lose games if we use these kind of castoffs. We always brag about our farm system, but are always reluctant to challenge them.

[/QUOTE]

Just because the farm is strong and Cecchini is a strong prospect doesn't mean he is a better option now.  We always look to jump the gun on prospects.  Cecchini is just getting his feet wet in AAA PUMP the brakes.  Roberts hits LHP, and Holt has success against RHP, Roberts also probably plays better D than WMB right now....we aren't losing much if anything by that platoon.  

Cecchini may very well be an option mid season but there is no way the Sox are going to go in that direction right now. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Most prospects aren't going to be superstars right away.  Xander Bogaerts may be the exception to this rule, most MLB regulars and above average players take a more JBJ type route to the majors.  Making this kind of depth move because we think someone like Cecchini isn't an option yet is in no way an indictment on his prospect status and the Sox system status. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Ryan who ??  This team is in trouble already.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ryan who ??  This team is in trouble already.

[/QUOTE]

It's April F'en 7th

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

A warm body to help out at third until Middlebrooks is back...which will hopefully be soon.

No big deal.

I would not mind seeing Cecchini called up, but also understand wanting to give him some time...by all accounts he could stand to make some improvements defensively. Either way, I don't think it will be long.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

what's youk doing these days?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A warm body to help out at third until Middlebrooks is back...which will hopefully be soon.

No big deal.

I would not mind seeing Cecchini called up, but also understand wanting to give him some time...by all accounts he could stand to make some improvements defensively. Either way, I don't think it will be long.

[/QUOTE]

I am thinking that the new signing of a 3B means that the Sox believe it may be some time before WMB is going to be back. Calf injuries can take quite a while to heal. The organization rarely makes roster moves if its just a couple of weeks of missed time for a player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sox said Cecchini needs lots of work on D. Article was in Harold

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sox said Cecchini needs lots of work on D. Article was in Harold

[/QUOTE]concur as in BEN I TRUST .....  19 H R's last year......  3rd base needs to be a position of PRODUCTION !!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://fansided.com/2014/04/07/ryan-roberts-signs-major-league-deal-red-sox/#!C3Fkn

[/QUOTE]Interesting S5,   If Bill-806 said that you would be all over me about Ryans social status in life !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Eating sushi.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Eating sushi.

[/QUOTE]

LOL 

Youk is playing for Rakuten Golden Eagles with NPB (Japanese League).  This is the team Masahiro Tanaka pitched for.  Youk played 9 games and put up .188/.316/.313 1 HR and 4 RBIs.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Eating sushi.

[/QUOTE]

LOL 

Youk is playing for Rakuten Golden Eagles with NPB (Japanese League).  This is the team Masahiro Tanaka pitched for.  Youk played 9 games and put up .188/.316/.313 1 HR and 4 RBIs.  

[/QUOTE]Also playing for the BRADY BUNCH @ the family picnic !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Interesting S5,   If Bill-806 said that you would be all over me about Ryans social status in life !!!

[/QUOTE]

Not at all.  Not unless you said it repeatedly and started a dozen threads over it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Ugh, I hate tats!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Eating sushi.

[/QUOTE]

LOL 

[/QUOTE]

I hope he is showing some enthusiasm. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ugh, I hate tats!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Not surprising, but I'm sure you loved the cross. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Ugh, I hate tats!!!!!!

"Rejoice! End of times is coming soon!"

Sections
Shortcuts