Brentz injured in gun accident

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Brentz injured in gun accident

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to royf19's comment:

It was Beckett's fault.

Beckett is no longer on the team. It was Lackey's fault.

Whoops, you're right.

My mistake.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

Avid Hunter,

http://youtu.be/g8GVzzuY7BI

I don't know which was dumber:  Shooting himself in the leg, or exposing his stupidity on youtube.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I hae no problem with people owning guns, but if you wind up shooting yourself, like the guy on the NYG's, it is entirely possible that you aren't among those that should own a gun.

Joe, the Constituion says who can own a gun. I own a gun, and could care less whether you have a problem with it. If one ends up accidentally shooting themselves, that's none of your business, Joe. The feds have been quite effective in brain washing Wards of the State. Like Joe.

If you shot yourself cleaning your own gun you shouldn't own a gun. Owning a gun is a responsibility, clearly some how did what Brentz isn't repsponsible enough to own a gun. A person with your mental state should think twice if you should own a gun. You not the most even keel person.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

I hae no problem with people owning guns, but if you wind up shooting yourself, like the guy on the NYG's, it is entirely possible that you aren't among those that should own a gun.

Joe, the Constituion says who can own a gun. I own a gun, and could care less whether you have a problem with it. If one ends up accidentally shooting themselves, that's none of your business, Joe. The feds have been quite effective in brain washing Wards of the State. Like Joe.

I know you don't understand humor Stiffy, but that was a joke.  We are big on gun rights & own our fair share.  Honestly, the only folks I'd ban from owning guns are the ones on the extreme Right and Left.  People like Stiffy for instance.  :)

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Please note that the mods will soon come to Stiffy's rescue, banning those who even appear to be criticizing his ideas.

Not quite sure what's going on with this board.  They seem to have a vested interest in banning everyone but Stiffy???

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Did anybody read the story?  It happened last month(January) and he is already jogging to get in shape for ST.  He's fine, no surgery required as the bullet cleanly went thru the leg.  Dumb accident, but he will be playing baseball this spring.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

Did anybody read the story?  It happened last month(January) and he is already jogging to get in shape for ST.  He's fine, no surgery required as the bullet cleanly went thru the leg.  Dumb accident, but he will be playing baseball this spring.

yeah i just read that. pretty lucky, got shot and it back on his feet and ready to play baseball a few weeks later.. plus he's got street cred now :p

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from levasseujj. Show levasseujj's posts

So I take it that everyone here who is calling Brentz a dumba$$ has NEVER done anything stupid in their life...even when they were a young 20something who thinks he is invincible like all of us used to think when we were that age?  People make mistakes and young people make a lot of mistakes....if you can honestly say that you haven't then you probably lived a very boring life.  Cut the kid some slack.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

If you shot yourself cleaning your own gun you shouldn't own a gun. Owning a gun is a responsibility, clearly some how did what Brentz isn't repsponsible enough to own a gun. A person with your mental state should think twice if you should own a gun. You not the most even keel person.

accidents happen...Doesnt mean he shouldnt own a gun. Thats ridiculous

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to levasseujj's comment:

So I take it that everyone here who is calling Brentz a dumba$$ has NEVER done anything stupid in their life...even when they were a young 20something who thinks he is invincible like all of us used to think when we were that age?  People make mistakes and young people make a lot of mistakes....if you can honestly say that you haven't then you probably lived a very boring life.  Cut the kid some slack.

Yes, but now he has no chance of making the team out of spring training given that he won't be able to play in a game for a while. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He isn't smart. Because of the accident, he's not invited to major league camp. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

1-Did I say I had a problem with the 2nd amendment?  No.

2-I think for myself a whole lot better than you do.

3-It is none of my business if you shoot yourself in the foot, like you so often do, but anyone that is too stupid to unload their gun before cleaning it, probably shouldn't own a gun.  That has nothing to do with their right to own a gun.  The reason I don't do any work on my car is not that it is illegal, but that I am not smart enough to.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

I know you don't understand humor Stiffy, but that was a joke.  We are big on gun rights & own our fair share.  Honestly, the only folks I'd ban from owning guns are the ones on the extreme Right and Left.  People like Stiffy for instance.  :)

I was mostly kidding, but there are reasons why some people shouldn't own guns.  If you're too careless to put it away so the kids can't reach it, if you have a tendency to reach for the gun because some drunks are talking to loud in front of your house, if you don't how to clean it.

Change the circumstances a bit.  In place of Brentz shooting himself in the foot, the bullet goes through his window, and through your windown as you're eating dinner with your kids.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I've made plenty of mistakes.  I was a dumba$$.  And if you were to call me a dumba$$, you'd be absolutely right.  Sometimes it is okay to call a dumba$$ a dumba$$.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/02/09/bryce-brentz-suffered-injury-in-gun-accident/

Yeah, cleaning a loaded gun isnt the smartest thing. Although he seemed somewhat secretive about something. kinda like he wasnt telling the whole story.

Ive always said he has a lot of BB smarts, apparently not a ton of common sense...

fortunately for most pro athletes they are paid based on their physical skills. if they were renumerated for their intelligence, they'd be drawing minimum wage.

Perhaps, but I challenge you to memorize the 75 plays in a defensive handbook in FB, and then be able to recognize the 75 or so offensive sets by the opposing team.  I get confused when they explain in a play I just saw.

Sections
Shortcuts