Brett Gardner is a better long term beyond FA Value than Ellsbury

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Re: Brett Gardner is a better long term beyond FA Value than Ellsbury

Wow. Better build? Savvy? Come on...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Awww, it is so cute.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

Attaboy Billyboy, you just go on believing what you just posted, but I will say if your were a General manager and you traded Ellsbury for Gardner, the every manager in baseball would want to make trades with you.
    Gardner is a good player who  hustles and gets the most out of his ability, just isn't in Ellsbury's class, nor most likely will never be.

BUT KEEP PIPE DREAMING BILLYBOY.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

You and The Babe agree with this and Babe has to because its his shtick 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Better fielder, Gardner can't even unseat mediocre Granderson in center.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

My brain hurts.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

Softy your posts just keep intensifying in eccentricity

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

This is full blown desperation..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

All i know is I'm going to have Mrs. Eephus toss me BP in the backyard so I can work on my reverse-pivot.  i heard its all the rage.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Brett Gardner is a better long term beyond FA Value than Ellsbury:
    LF is tougher than CF in Yankee stadium, dim bulb. Since you invoked granderson, he is a far superior CF'er than Ellsbury.
    Posted by billbyboy

How stupid am I, of course you're right. Earl Combs of the twenties, then DiMaggio, and of course Mantle, three HOF by the way, all played the tougher LF  in Yankee stadium, and you call me the dim bulb.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Brett Gardner is a better long term beyond FA Value than Ellsbury:
    LF is tougher than CF in Yankee stadium, dim bulb. Since you invoked granderson, he is a far superior CF'er than Ellsbury.
    Posted by billbyboy

I hate to do this, because you are severally ovematched, when it comes to wattage, but you ,being a Yankee fan, it is my duty. I don't even have to try I'll just use your own words against you.
       You state that Gardner is a notch better than Ellsbury, but that Granderson is far superior, also that LF is the harder position. Now are you following me, by your logic Gardner and Granderson should switch positions,that the Yankees are not putting their best defense on the field. I hope you have e-mailed Girardi with your startling observation, I'm sure the Yankees would open a front office position for some one of your insight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Brett Gardner is a better long term beyond FA Value than Ellsbury:
    Career averages on offense are one notch higher for Ellsbury. Gardner a full notch higher on defense. Gardner with more baseball saavy than Ellsbury. Gardner with a better baseball build for a long term contract. Gardner's extension would be good value and wise. Ellsbury will not be extended by the Red Sox. Ellsbury should not be extended. Gardner will have more total years of career long production. Reddick and Kalish is where the future Red Sox Lefty Value is. Red Sox long term OF value is investing in a young elite slugging RH OF'er, not 12 to 14M to FA auction for Ellsbury.
    Posted by billbyboy

You have what they call brain freeze !!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

What are you smoking these days?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Wow, a man crush.  Good for you, billbyboy ...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Kudos from Harness. Softlaw is making himself a target once more and this is good for the forum.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

In Response to Brett Gardner is a better long term beyond FA Value than Ellsbury:
    Career averages on offense are one notch higher for Ellsbury. Gardner a full notch higher on defense. Gardner with more baseball saavy than Ellsbury. Gardner with a better baseball build for a long term contract. Gardner's extension would be good value and wise. Ellsbury will not be extended by the Red Sox. Ellsbury should not be extended. Gardner will have more total years of career long production. Reddick and Kalish is where the future Red Sox Lefty Value is. Red Sox long term OF value is investing in a young elite slugging RH OF'er, not 12 to 14M to FA auction for Ellsbury.
    Posted by billbyboy

ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Is this really a thread?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

wow you are really really really never going to let this go huh?

So many words come to mind when I see a thread with Ellsbury in it, and then Softy as the last poster....but one word would have to be Obsessed. 

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/afViRNSr5wg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Probably more of a stoning than a thread.  Billyboy's been caught in bed with a Yankee. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxWacko. Show RedSoxWacko's posts

Not even worth a response.......

Sections
Shortcuts