Brewers find a way to apologize to it's fans for Ryan Braun

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Brewers find a way to apologize to it's fans for Ryan Braun

Here's a paragraph and link to the whole article.From yahoo.com:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/milwaukee-brewers-effectively-returning-rest-ryan-braun-2013-181202291.html

With their star suspended for the rest of the 2013 season and the team languishing in last place, the Milwaukee Brewers went looking for a way to say 'We're sorry' to their fans.

What they found was undoubtedly the best way to apologize: Free food and drinks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Brewers find a way to apologize to it's fans for Ryan Braun

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/milwaukee-brewers-effectively-returning-rest-ryan-braun-2013-181202291.html

With their star suspended for the rest of the 2013 season and the team languishing in last place, the Milwaukee Brewers went looking for a way to say 'We're sorry' to their fans.

What they found was undoubtedly the best way to apologize: Free food and drinks.

Thats a great PR trick..... First of all it will cost about 3.1 mil for the 10dollar ticket for food? Well heres the catch......Braun loses his paycheck for drug involement. I'm sure it's a lot cheaper to pay fans then Braun.... So team is useing some of paycheck to say ( Were sorry )  good one !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

Thats a great PR trick..... First of all it will cost about 3.1 mil for the 10dollar ticket for food? Well heres the catch......Braun loses his paycheck for drug involement. I'm sure it's a lot cheaper to pay fans then Braun.... So team is useing some of paycheck to say ( Were sorry )  good one !!!

not to mention those people are paying money to get into the ball park. so even though they are losing roughly 500k this way (3.6M spent on food while saving 3.1M on Brauns contract) it's drastically reduced by the cost of tickets as well as the increased traffic to games while this promotion is being offered. not to mention the extra good will being spread among your fanbase.

classy move by the brewers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I have been to Milwaukee and Miller Park before.  People in Wisconsin are too nice.  LOL

People in Minnesota are too nice too.  It must be a midwest thing.   LOL

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I'm a lifelong Sox fan and have always supported the Sox but at the same time I sometimes see differences in how other teams do things.  This situation in Milwaukee is one of them.

Another is that I was in Baltimore for a Sox series a few years ago during a heat wave.  Temps ~100 degrees every day, and the O's FO arranged to have trays of ice and bottles of water available free for the fans.  I had to ask myself if the Sox would have done this.  Probably not. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I'm a lifelong Sox fan and have always supported the Sox but at the same time I sometimes see differences in how other teams do things.  This situation in Milwaukee is one of them.

Another is that I was in Baltimore for a Sox series a few years ago during a heat wave.  Temps ~100 degrees every day, and the O's FO arranged to have trays of ice and bottles of water available free for the fans.  I had to ask myself if the Sox would have done this.  Probably not. 

I'm sure the Sox have given out free coffee and hot chocolate during and after an extended rain delay.In fact,John Henry and Tom Werner were helping to hand it out.

I think there's been times when they gave out free water too during games with extreme heat,but I could be wrong.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I'm sure the Sox have given out free coffee and hot chocolate during and after an extended rain delay.In fact,John Henry and Tom Werner were helping to hand it out.

I think there's been times when they gave out free water too during games with extreme heat,but I could be wrong.  

last season after a very long and cold rain delay they let everyone left in the park move to the seats behind the plate and they served free hot chocolate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

When the fallout from the A-Rod - A Bomb hits , the Yankees are going to have to top that. How about free beer , hot dogs, peanuts and parking at Yankee Stadium ?  Maybe tokens for tolls on the GWB.

Stabbed by Foulke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

When the fallout from the A-Rod - A Bomb hits , the Yankees are going to have to top that. How about free beer , hot dogs, peanuts and parking at Yankee Stadium ?  Maybe tokens for tolls on the GWB.

Stabbed by Foulke.

They should at least do something for fans After all it's all on A-RODS paycheck... Heck in that case give some free stuff to Sox fans.... We had to put up with that loser also......lol lol

Sections
Shortcuts