Brian Cashman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Brian Cashman

well...IBASOB!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Brian Cashman:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brian Cashman : Once again, hypocrisy at his finest. You're the one who starts the attacking; I only attack if provoked by a junevile who spews vitriol at me, and most of the other regular posters, the majority RS fans, will back me up. How clever of you, in an infantile sort of way, for you to switch threads so as to hide accountability. As a result, you interrupted this thread, which I started. Sad.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Whether you're right or wrong (don't know since I don't know what thread you two were on), a Yankee fan saying the majority of posters here will back them up has always been something you guys can use because Yankee fans have created the environment Sox fans find themselves in now -- mostly Yankee fan supporters. And that's no matter what they do or say. If you're right, you should be able to win an argument without that or "everyone says" and/or "everyone agrees with me".  That's really a pinstripeZac argument.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

"everyone agrees with me". That's really a pinstripeZac argument.                     

I've never said that in my life

U R so FOS

but what's even worse is

U R so boring

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Steven, you are trolling a Sox forum.  Get lost.  Take your pathetic personal attacks and Yankee threads and go post in a Yankee forum. This is a BOSTON forum.  There is NO EXCUSE for you not to be on a YANKEE FORUM instead of here making comments to Sox fans.  You post here and reply to our comments because you are a troll . PERIOD. This forum was created for Red Sox fans.  You can read, right?!?!?!? How much effort is it for you to find a Yankee site? And yet, you come back in here, interrupt threads with your Yankee comments, like somehow that is Ok. Well, it is NOT. Get lost.
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Who knew you had that in you?  It's so rare to see someone finally getting aggravated that Yankee fans that refuse to go a Yankee forum want this to be a Yankee/Sox forum. I think it would be different if they posted on a Yankee board and came here once in a while just to chat -- especially since they could see what a team's fans DO post about their rivals. But when they make this their home, then, apparently, we have to make this their home.

Again, show me the Yankee board where this is happening. Anyone?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]"everyone agrees with me". That's really a pinstripeZac argument.                       I've never said that in my life U R so FOS but what's even worse is U R so boring
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Everyone thinks you're a whiner.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brian Cashman : Everyone thinks you're a whiner.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

That's really a pinstripeZac argument.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brian Cashman : Everyone thinks you're a whiner.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Where'd you go, Zac?  Having flashbacks of last season?

Women have a long memory...and I am a woman, contrary to your opinion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brian Cashman :   That's really a pinstripeZac argument.

My point exactly. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Where'd you go, Zac? Having flashbacks of last season?

Women have a long memory...and I am a woman, contrary to your opinion.

does anyone have an idea what pike is talking about

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Where'd you go, Zac? Having flashbacks of last season? Women have a long memory...and I am a woman, contrary to your opinion. does anyone have an idea what pike is talking about

zac, I sometimes agree with you, but IMO Kim is NOT pike; I admit there may be some similarities, but that's where it ends. And, FWIW, she does have a point that this is a RS forum; not that I necessarily agree on how she builds her opinions based on that premise. But, she has a right to her opinion, I have a right to mine, you yours, and so forth; however obvious that may be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Where'd you go, Zac? Having flashbacks of last season? Women have a long memory...and I am a woman, contrary to your opinion. does anyone have an idea what pike is talking about

I love when you say that now. I doubt there's a single poster left who believes I'm Pike. All you look like is a desperate person trying to get rid of another poster because you don't like their posts. Just like you tried to label another Sox fan the other night.

Here's to hoping you get old here real fast before you're able to "label" any other posters you don't want here. And, if you don't, there's always me. 

Here's a poll: 

Kim or Zac, who lasts longest?  Of course, I mean this time since you've already ran me off the board last season. One of my biggest regrets here that I LET you do that. What are the odds I let you do that again?

Btw, who was the "everyone" in your posts?  Since no discussions were on the board, where were they?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brian Cashman : zac, I sometimes agree with you, but IMO Kim is NOT pike; I admit there may be some similarities, but that's where it ends. And, FWIW, she does have a point that this is a RS forum; not that I necessarily agree on how she builds her opinions based on that premise. But, she has a right to her opinion, I have a right to mine, you yours, and so forth; however obvious that may be.

Thank you, Steven. The similarity is that I agreed with him on some of his posts. I can't recall them now, but if someone were to bring them up, I would still agree. What's funny to me is that there's a group here that agrees with each other all the time, and they are never accused of being the same poster. When I agreed with Beni, I was told I was Beni. It's what a minority poster has to deal with all the time here. The reason being, they don't want any other group forming that would go against the reigning authority. If there's agreement anywhere, it will be uncovered and abolished. lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: Brian Cashman : zac, I sometimes agree with you, but IMO Kim is NOT pike; I admit there may be some similarities, but that's where it ends. And, FWIW, she does have a point that this is a RS forum; not that I necessarily agree on how she builds her opinions based on that premise. But, she has a right to her opinion, I have a right to mine, you yours, and so forth; however obvious that may be.
    Posted by nhsteven

she does have a point that this is a RS forum;

LOL, were you impressed by that ?

that's pretty much all she says

and go to a nyy board

followed by show me a nyy board that bla bla bla

she has a right to her opinion, I have a right to mine, you yours, and so forth; however obvious that may be.

why would you even go there

who said or implied someone didn't have such rights

I only said pike was making stuff up

and even worse

she was boring

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I've reported your post. Another tactic of yours besides using "everyone" is putting up graphics to slam a poster. I guess we'll find out if it's OK for you to do that here or not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Brian Cashman : Ironically I agree but a lot of luck came into play there too.  There's no explanation to Garcia's success and there was no indicator that he would bounce back this season.  Colon, in my opinion, is using some sort of PED so I'm going to exclude him from this discussion.  Other than that, the other two have saved the Yankees this season.

Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

I think all GM's get lucky sometimes, some good luck and some bad luck.

As for your "opinion" on Colon, it's based on your hatred of the Yanks, nothing else.

And maybe you didn't see any indications as far as Garcia is concerned, but that doesn't mean that Cashman didn't see something. He's been pretty successful with these types of pitchers in the past....guys like Lidle, Chacon, etc.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Every GM answers to the owner, none have carte blanche, too include Cashman. So if you judge him based on the successes of the team, both on the field and in terms of profitablity, it's hard to argue with the successes the Yank's have enjoyed with him at the helm. His is just one voice and in the end the mandates and the approval to sign guys and trade valuable assest come from above...Some owners are more hands on than others...it's safe to say that Hank and Hal are following in thier fathers footsteps and take an active role in the contruction of the roster...

Regarding the drafting of. and development of, prospects, the Yanks use their farm to bolster thier Major league roster, which has been SOP for the better part of the last decade and have done pretty well of late, if you consider the deals they've made to bolster the current team..One example is trading a young unproven, righthanded hitting, top prospect in Austin Jackson, for the better suited for Yankee stadium, veteren lefthanded hitting Curtis Granderson, it's but one example of the Yank's using thier farm system to bolster the big league club, in part becasue they don't have to be concerned with "keeping the payroll down". Last I checked the Yank's have never stated the goal is to field a team comprised of players they've drafted and developted from within...I think thier stated goal every year is championship or bust.

Has Cashman made some bad decision, certainly...I think at times we the fans forget the GM is an employee and utimately is responsible for executing an agreed apon plan within budgeted guidelines...Not all the bad moves are his fault, nor are all the good ones...sometimes a little luck doesn't hurt....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brian Cashman : Once again, hypocrisy at his finest. You're the one who starts the attacking; I only attack if provoked by a junevile who spews vitriol at me, and most of the other regular posters, the majority RS fans, will back me up. How clever of you, in an infantile sort of way, for you to switch threads so as to hide accountability. As a result, you interrupted this thread, which I started. Sad.

Steven, you left this board once, and here you are again.   You obviously cannot take a hint.  Many of us want to see you gone. 

That is why you left the first time, and now it it is time to take your sorry act and leave again.  Period.

You are a Yankee fan posting a Yankee thread in a forum labeled All Things Red Sox.  

Even you should be able to figure out you are posting in the wrong place.   Yankees postings belong on a YANKEES FORUM.  Not inside a Red Sox forum.

So, insult me all you want.  AND THEN LEAVE!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brian Cashman : Steven, you left this board once, and here you are again.   You obviously cannot take a hint.  Many of us want to see you gone.  That is why you left the first time, and now it it is time to take your sorry act and leave again.  Period. You are a Yankee fan posting a Yankee thread in a forum labeled All Things Red Sox.   Even you should be able to figure out you are posting in the wrong place.   Yankees postings belong on a YANKEES FORUM.  Not inside a Red Sox forum. So, insult me all you want.  AND THEN LEAVE!

As our chief rival, i'd have to respectfully disagree that "yankee post" don't belong on a this Red Sox forum...As the old saying goes, keep your friends close, but your enemies closer...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Read this thread.   Read what he says concerning me.   There is ribbing, and then there is Steven.  I have ribbed guys like Zak and Jeter, they are not these explosive attack dogs who instantly start trying to belittle you.

Time to GO, Steven.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Read this thread.   Read what he says concerning me.   There is ribbing, and then there is Steven.  I have ribbed guys like Zak and Jeter, they are not these explosive attack dogs who instantly start trying to belittle you. Time to GO, Steven.  

Obsessed much?  Once again, you started, and I responded. If you can't take it, then don't dish it out. Even Pike knows that. Many want to see me gone? Can you list those posters? P.S. You think I'm going to listen to you? Guess again. However, I'll help you out a little; you're now on IGNORE.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brian Cashman : Obsessed much?  Once again, you started, and I responded. If you can't take it, then don't dish it out. Even Pike knows that. Many want to see me gone? Can you list those posters? P.S. You think I'm going to listen to you? Guess again. However, I'll help you out a little; you're now on IGNORE.

I'm on the list

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

No GM is perfect, but some GM's are better than others. Both Theo and Ca$hman benefit from rather large payrolls, and I would like to see how they would do in Tampa Bay. I am a Red Sox fan, but I can say that Cashman isn't a bad GM. However, Theo relies more on the farm system than Cashman, so he would do better in a small market. Cashman, as the name implies, relies greatly on taking big checks from ownership and handing them out to players. I know that many Red Sox fans (including me at times) and fans of small market teams like KC (which is owned by Walmart) complain about this, but because the team plays in a city that loves baseball, they get money from the fans and, instead of stuffing it in their pocket like Pittsburg, actually put it back in their buisness. However, Theo relies on having lots of good prospects and either developing them into solid players or trading tham in bunches to bad teams to get a superstar. They then sign the superstar to a huge contract, which causes them to look just like NY, signing superstars through free agency every year. Theo does rely on FA quite a bit, but not as much as New York. Overall, the two are equally sucessfull in their current jobs, but Theo would have done better in Tampa Bay.
     Imagine the bidding war that will take place when Bryce Harper hits free agency in 7 or 8 years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Hey Zac
    I have no idea who Kim is but I usually ignore him/her.
    I'm selective with whom I respond, some posters need to be ignored.

You and your fellow yanks fans are always welcomed to post here, you know that.  Some of my favorite posters are yank fans.

I enjoyed reading through this thread, some good insights into how yank fans feel about the man.

Of course I would like him to make all bad moves but that's just my opinionInnocent

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

thanks 67

I enjoyed reading through this thread, some good insights into how yank fans feel about the man.

there's a pretty good mix of opins on the guy

just like

is it the GM's fault ?  the mgrs fault ?

or the players fault when one doesn't preform ?

I was never a big fan

less of a fan after the torre mess

but like the rest of them he has made some very good & bad moves

I've been all over him about aceves