Bring back steroids!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Bring back steroids!

No offense has spread to all of baseball. Wasn't it a lot more fun on the juice? Sure, I love to watch Lester K 15, or Rubby baffle the Rays, but baseball needs more offense to thrive, garner TV ratings/$$ and sell out stadiums...

bring back roids!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Bring back steroids!

In response to rkarp's comment:

No offense has spread to all of baseball. Wasn't it a lot more fun on the juice? Sure, I love to watch Lester K 15, or Rubby baffle the Rays, but baseball needs more offense to thrive, garner TV ratings/$$ and sell out stadiums...

bring back roids!

They will be back next year as soon as Alex Rodriguez is done serving his slap on the wrist.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

bring back roids!

No..it was not. I have always been a purist about baseball. The big , sexy, flashy homeruns are not so big, sexy and flashy when they happen on a regular basis. I think it's far more entertaining and exciting to watch the teams grind it out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

want steroids?  just join the yankees.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

The lack of offense for the Red Sox has been frustrating, to say the least.

That said, give me a well-pitched, well-defended game any day of the week over a slugfest.

In terms of offense, I appreciate the more subtle things that occur at the plate more than I do the homeruns and RBIs.  Not saying that homeruns and RBIs are not important, just that there are so many other ways that players contribute to the offense that don't show up in your basic stats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

The lack of offense for the Red Sox has been frustrating, to say the least.

That said, give me a well-pitched, well-defended game any day of the week over a slugfest.

In terms of offense, I appreciate the more subtle things that occur at the plate more than I do the homeruns and RBIs.  Not saying that homeruns and RBIs are not important, just that there are so many other ways that players contribute to the offense that don't show up in your basic stats.

i love you kimmi.

that is all.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to FriendsofFrazee's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

Right, so offense is down across ALL of baseball but it was only the Yankees that were using them.

Another brilliant post by a person with ZERO baseball knowledge.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Nope, they weren't the only ones by a long shot.

They just appear to be Steroid Central for the rest of the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I say bring back football double murderers like Aaron Hernandez, Ray Lewis and OJ....on roids.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

*this post will be removed in 5-4-3...*

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Right, so offense is down across ALL of baseball but it was only the Yankees that were using them.

ummmm.......what?  let me say it slowly for you.

other teams stopped using steroids = numbers are down all across the league.

want to root or play for a team that still likes to dabble?  join/root for yankees.

funny how often i have to break my posts down to first grade comprehension for you when every other person on this forum gets it.  weird.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

yeah.  only 25% of the players banned by MLB within the last year were NYY players.  silly of me to think that there is a culture of steroid use in that clubhouse.

irregardless this is a Red Sox board and i am more than happy to take a cheap shot at the yankees.  please feel free to continue to whine and cry like a baby because of it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

No team has benefited more from the use of steroids and from thugs in general than the nyy's.  all one has to do is a little research and to discover the G Steinbrenner was a convicted felon - on SEVENTEEN (17) felony counts.......

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I was listening to the game the other day and the announcer (not Nesen) said the three teams with the lowest runs scored this year are the rays, sox and yanks.  Is this true and if so what does it say about those teams if anything?

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

yeah.  only 25% of the players banned by MLB within the last year were NYY players.  silly of me to think that there is a culture of steroid use in that clubhouse.

irregardless this is a Red Sox board and i am more than happy to take a cheap shot at the yankees.  please feel free to continue to whine and cry like a baby because of it.

I didn't see any whining or crying, nice try.

And speaking of "culture of steroid use in the clubhouse"

Merloni, an analyst on Comcast's "The Baseball Show," had this to say Saturday: "I'm in spring training, and I got an 8:30-9:00 meeting in the morning," said Merloni, who was in the Red Sox minor-league system from 1996-97 and played in the big leagues with them from 1998-2002. "And I walk into that office, and this happened while I was with the Boston Red Sox before this last regime, I'm sitting in the meeting. There's a doctor up there and he's talking about steroids, and everyone was like 'Here we go, we're gonna sit here and get the whole thing -- they're bad for you.' No. He spins it and says 'You know what, if you take steroids and sit on the couch all winter long, you can actually get stronger than someone who works out clean, if you're going to take steroids, one cycle won't hurt you, abusing steroids it will.' He sat there for one hour and told us how to properly use steroids while I'm with the Boston Red Sox, sitting there with the rest of the organization, and after this I said 'What the heck was that?' And everybody on the team was like 'What was that?' And the response we got was 'Well, we know guys are taking it, so we want to make sure they're taking it the right way'.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Evidently, that dr now works for the Yankees. LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Nope, they weren't the only ones by a long shot.

They just appear to be Steroid Central for the rest of the league.

You hit the nail on the head.  I think by now everyone knows it was a problem in baseball across the board but the yanks were one of the worst offenders if not the worst.

Some players are more than likely still using.  It is what it is.

[object HTMLDivElement]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

bring back roids!

No..it was not. I have always been a purist about baseball. The big , sexy, flashy homeruns are not so big, sexy and flashy when they happen on a regular basis. I think it's far more entertaining and exciting to watch the teams grind it out.

I respect that school of thought. However, the stadiums are no where full any more, even Fenway, and the TV $$$ look like they will decline in the next contract negotiations.

It appears that the majority want the sizzle, while the purists are content...

Count me as one who most enjoyed a RS/Yankee game that went 4 hours with the outcome a RS win, 5-4. Couple of HR's, GG defense and nail biter to the end...these Wien Chen throwing 86 MPH 3 hitter games are not for me 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I didn't see any whining or crying, nice try.

And speaking of "culture of steroid use in the clubhouse"

Merloni, an analyst on Comcast's "The Baseball Show," had this to say Saturday: "I'm in spring training, and I got an 8:30-9:00 meeting in the morning," said Merloni, who was in the Red Sox minor-league system from 1996-97 and played in the big leagues with them from 1998-2002. "And I walk into that office, and this happened while I was with the Boston Red Sox before this last regime, I'm sitting in the meeting. There's a doctor up there and he's talking about steroids, and everyone was like 'Here we go, we're gonna sit here and get the whole thing -- they're bad for you.' No. He spins it and says 'You know what, if you take steroids and sit on the couch all winter long, you can actually get stronger than someone who works out clean, if you're going to take steroids, one cycle won't hurt you, abusing steroids it will.' He sat there for one hour and told us how to properly use steroids while I'm with the Boston Red Sox, sitting there with the rest of the organization, and after this I said 'What the heck was that?' And everybody on the team was like 'What was that?' And the response we got was 'Well, we know guys are taking it, so we want to make sure they're taking it the right way'.

This is old news.  We all know it was a problem on most if not all teams.  The point is the yanks were the worst offenders. 
    [object HTMLDivElement]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

As evidenced by them being 12th out of 15 teams in runs scored? 

You seem to use the same "facts" as slasher

The LOL meant it was a joke.  Lighten up a bit, we are just having a little fun here.  Both teams stink right now so no one has crowing rights.  Granted the sox stink a little more right now but hope springs eternal 
    [object HTMLDivElement]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

As evidenced by them being 12th out of 15 teams in runs scored?

You seem to use the same "facts" as slasher

SMH @ yankees fans in florida.  sending a waaaaaaaaambulance your way babe.  lol...speaking of babe....remember when you denied being babe with your last moniker???  hahahaha.

you:  "who's this babe guy and why are you calling me him?",   bwaaahahahahaha.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

I was listening to the game the other day and the announcer (not Nesen) said the three teams with the lowest runs scored this year are the rays, sox and yanks.  Is this true and if so what does it say about those teams if anything?

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

I don't know. Why don't you ask Eleanor?

Sections
Shortcuts