Re: Bring back steroids!

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

If you guys think the league is juice free the joke is on you.

[object HTMLDivElement]

No one said that.

Excuse me, bring back steroids implies that they're still here?

[object HTMLDivElement]

I see it's Obtuse Yankee Fan day again.

Enjoy...

I like having yank fans posting, the good ones that is.  I think TWM, zac and jete are good posters and better than some sox fans here.

And what a boring season it would be if we didn't have some good natured back and forth with our yank friends 
    [object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Agreed 67.  However, TWM was, indeed, being obtuse.

I hardly agree and believe that the cheaters will always be one step ahead as they have been my entire life in a whole host of sports.

Listening to Tony Bosch on 60 minutes in detail on how Alex Rodriquez would circumvent MLB testing just validated what I had suspected.

Slasher's comments have no basis in fact asking him where he obtained it just keeps things real.

wrong.  everything i said is fact.  25% of the players suspended for PED within the past year are yankees.  go back to sleep.

thanks for KEEPING IT REAL.  WHAT ON EARTH WOULD I DO WITHOUT YOU?????

CERVELLI

RODRIGUEZ

cruz

peralta

cabrera

bastardo

tejada

patton

2of 8 = 25%

sit and spin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2007/12/mlb_steroid_report_fingers_28.html" rel="nofollow">http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2007/12/mlb_steroid_report_fingers_28.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

yankee fans are so delusional they still think that Mariano Rivera got the Save in Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS.........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

No one said that.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Enjoy...

I like having yank fans posting, the good ones that is.  I think TWM, zac and jete are good posters and better than some sox fans here.

And what a boring season it would be if we didn't have some good natured back and forth with our yank friends 
    [object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I hardly agree and believe that the cheaters will always be one step ahead as they have been my entire life in a whole host of sports.

Listening to Tony Bosch on 60 minutes in detail on how Alex Rodriquez would circumvent MLB testing just validated what I had suspected.

Slasher's comments have no basis in fact asking him where he obtained it just keeps things real.

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree entirely with your point of view.  However, my observation of your obstuse .. ity (?) was based on your recent response to the OP - you said it implied that Roids(PEDs) didn't exist anymore.  I thought this was a bit obtuse.  Yes, the verbiage in a literal sense does seem to suggest that.  But the nature of the post is clearly not suggesting the game is completely clean.  Only making a perhaps-tongue in cheek/perhaps not ode to the free-for-all juice days.

FWIW, I like your posts and appreciate your counterpoint perspective to all-things Sox.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

http://www.newslo.com/tanaka-celebrates-155-million-yankees-deal-with-sushi-and-steroids-party/" rel="nofollow">http://www.newslo.com/tanaka-celebrates-155-million-yankees-deal-with-sushi-and-steroids-party/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

yankee fans are so delusional they still think that Mariano Rivera got the Save in Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS.........

I happen to believe that the best team in baseball won the World Series in 2004.

I must be an exception to the rule.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

No one said that.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Enjoy...

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree entirely with your point of view.  However, my observation of your obstuse .. ity (?) was based on your recent response to the OP - you said it implied that Roids(PEDs) didn't exist anymore.  I thought this was a bit obtuse.  Yes, the verbiage in a literal sense does seem to suggest that.  But the nature of the post is clearly not suggesting the game is completely clean.  Only making a perhaps-tongue in cheek/perhaps not ode to the free-for-all juice days.

FWIW, I like your posts and appreciate your counterpoint perspective to all-things Sox.

You are correct, I did not know it was tic. My apologies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Hearing Sox fans claim the Yankees are heavier steroid users is laughable. Our two key offensive players for 2 (and 3) championship teams, Ramirez and Ortiz, both have strong steroid links. And since we have more championships in that span than the Yankees, our team's steroid use is just as glaring if not moreso.

Steroids are not out of the sport now but the assertion that steroid use hasn't changed is flat out wrong. The kinds of hardcore steroids taken during the home run era are not being taken in nearly the same amount now due to detection risk, check declining home run totals for evidence - those stats don't lie. 

But, designer steroids and HGH are still in use. However they don't favor the hitter more than the pitcher so the positive effects even out if you will between pitcher and hitter, which was not the case in the steroids home run era. 

So, steroids are still here but they are not having a disproportionate impact on the offensive side of the game anymore. I"m fine with that - but I will point out that in this non-home-run era, National League Rules are far more interesting, adding more defensive and pitching/hitting strategy, and should be instated across both leagues. 

Also, our team is particularly offensively challenged so that can effect the viewing pleasure from a homer fan standpoint. 

I like defensive baseball but prefer it under national league rules. AL rules were better for the big boppers, but not so much fun now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

The lack of offense for the Red Sox has been frustrating, to say the least.

That said, give me a well-pitched, well-defended game any day of the week over a slugfest.

In terms of offense, I appreciate the more subtle things that occur at the plate more than I do the homeruns and RBIs.  Not saying that homeruns and RBIs are not important, just that there are so many other ways that players contribute to the offense that don't show up in your basic stats.

i love you kimmi.

that is all.

Bleah.  Nothing more dull.  7-4 games, please.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

what R U talking about... yanks on a 3 gm roll

chase whitley shocking the world  RSN

and johnny jr on a pretty good hitting streak ;-)

[/QUOTE]

feel free to go to YANKEES forum to talk about such things.

[/QUOTE]

thing is

no one in yankeeland talked about sizemore being better than johnny jr

or that we don't have anyone on the farm that could help

in other words

I think I'm needed more here

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i think we will be fine without you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

No offense has spread to all of baseball. Wasn't it a lot more fun on the juice? Sure, I love to watch Lester K 15, or Rubby baffle the Rays, but baseball needs more offense to thrive, garner TV ratings/$$ and sell out stadiums...

bring back roids!

Not trying to make you look like a fool but ratings and attendence has been up in "post" steroid era.

2013 to 2014 alone, MLB attendance down approx. 300k year to date. That's announced, not actual. TV ratings down. Fans leaving early.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

what R U talking about... yanks on a 3 gm roll

chase whitley shocking the world  RSN

and johnny jr on a pretty good hitting streak ;-)

feel free to go to YANKEES forum to talk about such things.

thing is

no one in yankeeland talked about sizemore being better than johnny jr

or that we don't have anyone on the farm that could help

in other words

I think I'm needed more here

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well, if that's the case, you certainly should have brought up the fact that Whitley and Solarte were going to be such big contributors, when those statements were made.

It not like you to keep that kind of info to yourself.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Well, if that's the case, you certainly should have brought up the fact that Whitley and Solarte were going to be such big contributors, when those statements were made.

LMAO

this is coming from the guy who called me out for saying CC going down wasn't all bad

so U say if one doesn't act like a know it all & predict they can't talk about it

yeah that seems reasonable

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

I say bring back football double murderers like Aaron Hernandez, Ray Lewis and OJ....on roids.

LMFAO!!!!!

Heck yeah...I own stock in a company that makes liver cancer drugs!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

LMAO

this is coming from the guy who called me out for saying CC going down wasn't all bad

so U say if one doesn't act like a know it all & predict they can't talk about it

yeah that seems reasonable

[object HTMLDivElement]

Since when has being a know-it-all been a problem for you?

And yes, I'm still waiting for Aceves to "fill in for a couple of starts" for CC.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

No one said that.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Enjoy...

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Perhaps but for me that's part of his charm ;0)
    [object HTMLDivElement]

Is there anything worse than condescending fluff?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

That said, give me a well-pitched, well-defended game any day of the week over a slugfest.

In terms of offense, I appreciate the more subtle things that occur at the plate more than I do the homeruns and RBIs.  Not saying that homeruns and RBIs are not important, just that there are so many other ways that players contribute to the offense that don't show up in your basic stats.

Hi Kimmi..how are you??

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

If arrogance was a crime, TWM would be serving consecutive life sentences.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

No offense has spread to all of baseball. Wasn't it a lot more fun on the juice? Sure, I love to watch Lester K 15, or Rubby baffle the Rays, but baseball needs more offense to thrive, garner TV ratings/$$ and sell out stadiums...

bring back roids!

Agree why should Brock Holt be the only one.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Love it!  The sox may be lifeless this year but the sox/yank rivalry is alive and well here.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Hi Kimmi..how are you??

Hey jete~

I was wondering where all the yanks poster were.  Glad to see you guys back, brings a little life to the forum.

[object HTMLDivElement]

i think we will be fine without you.

Slasher, this is a serious question. Who do you think brings more life to the board---TWM or redsox67?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

slasher9's comment:

wrong.  everything i said is fact.  25% of the players suspended for PED within the past year are yankees.  go back to sleep.

thanks for KEEPING IT REAL.  WHAT ON EARTH WOULD I DO WITHOUT YOU?????

CERVELLI

RODRIGUEZ

cruz

peralta

cabrera

bastardo

tejada

patton

2of 8 = 25%

sit and spin.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Why did you omit Ryan Braun, Bartolo Colon or Alex Colome of the Rays?

To help with your math? Or how about the 12 minor leaguers from different organizations.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

If arrogance was a crime, TWM would be serving consecutive life sentences.

If stupidity was a virtue you would be a Saint.

• Sections
    Shortcuts