1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: Bring back steroids!

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The best thing about the steroid era was how people tried to give P.E.D.ittee a free pass because he admitted to cheating; thus removing all doubt 100%, because he's a "Good Christian".  Real Christian's don't lie and cheat and especially not for financial gain.  P.E.D.ittee is even a bigger phony bologna than guys like AROID, Steve Howe, Cervelli, Michael Pineada and Ol George Steinbrenner because he actually believes the crapola he says and then hides behind the cross.......

[/QUOTE]

Ok this is your 2nd attempt on AP I'll bite.

I agree he did cheat but unlike a lot of the others he held a press conference and admitted using that was the big difference.

As Americans we are very forgiving to those who will just fess up and admit to their past transgressions everyone is entitled to a mistake.

What really turns us off are the deniers, the liars when we all can see through the BS and know the truth. Probably why Pettitte was forgiven.

Attacking him because he is religious seems to be one of your hang ups, I don't remember him ever hiding behind that or wearing religion on his sleeve.

How did Pineda get into this conversation about roids? I mean we all know John Lester had a green substance in his glove in the WS. No big news there, like Papi said everyone does it, although Pineda has to smarten up and learn how to hide it.

[/QUOTE]

The kid isn't the sharpes knife in the draw!  He was told to hide it so he puts it on his neck!  Funny stuff.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

That's quite the ironic line you typed there.....

Pot.....meet Kettle

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No offense has spread to all of baseball. Wasn't it a lot more fun on the juice? Sure, I love to watch Lester K 15, or Rubby baffle the Rays, but baseball needs more offense to thrive, garner TV ratings/$$ and sell out stadiums...

bring back roids!

[/QUOTE]

No..it was not. I have always been a purist about baseball. The big , sexy, flashy homeruns are not so big, sexy and flashy when they happen on a regular basis. I think it's far more entertaining and exciting to watch the teams grind it out.

[/QUOTE]

I respect that school of thought. However, the stadiums are no where full any more, even Fenway, and the TV $$$ look like they will decline in the next contract negotiations.

It appears that the majority want the sizzle, while the purists are content...

Count me as one who most enjoyed a RS/Yankee game that went 4 hours with the outcome a RS win, 5-4. Couple of HR's, GG defense and nail biter to the end...these Wien Chen throwing 86 MPH 3 hitter games are not for me 

[/QUOTE]

Ironically enough...I think it's the 4 hour games that keep people away more than the lack of big sluggers built by steroids. I for one don't mind watching a 4 hour game where both teams are grinding it out offensively and defensively..but 4 hour games because the batter has to step out of the box after every pitch to adjust...well..something..get's tedious.  MLB needs to find a way to trim out the nonsense and pick up the pace.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No offense has spread to all of baseball. Wasn't it a lot more fun on the juice? Sure, I love to watch Lester K 15, or Rubby baffle the Rays, but baseball needs more offense to thrive, garner TV ratings/$$ and sell out stadiums...

bring back roids!

[/QUOTE]

No..it was not. I have always been a purist about baseball. The big , sexy, flashy homeruns are not so big, sexy and flashy when they happen on a regular basis. I think it's far more entertaining and exciting to watch the teams grind it out.

[/QUOTE]

I respect that school of thought. However, the stadiums are no where full any more, even Fenway, and the TV $$$ look like they will decline in the next contract negotiations.

Count me as one who most enjoyed a RS/Yankee game that went 4 hours with the outcome a RS win, 5-4. Couple of HR's, GG defense and nail biter to the end...these Wien Chen throwing 86 MPH 3 hitter games are not for me 

[/QUOTE]

Ironically enough...I think it's the 4 hour games that keep people away more than the lack of big sluggers built by steroids. I for one don't mind watching a 4 hour game where both teams are grinding it out offensively and defensively..but 4 hour games because the batter has to step out of the box after every pitch to adjust...well..something..get's tedious.  MLB needs to find a way to trim out the nonsense and pick up the pace.

[/QUOTE]

My rules would be:

*  Between batters, take as much time as you need.  Catcher can run out and talk to the pitcher and infielders can join in.  Batters can do whatever routines they want.

*  But once that AB starts, that's it.  No mound visits by the catcher or infielders.  No stepping out of the box.  Pitcher can't walk around the mound.  There should really only be 10 seconds in between pitches unless there is a special circumstance like an injury or a broken bat.  If there are runners on base there are no restrictions with how long they hold the ball or how many times they step off but I do expect the pitcher to get the ball back quickly and step on that rubber as quickly as possible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

bring back roids!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My rules would be:

*  Between batters, take as much time as you need.  Catcher can run out and talk to the pitcher and infielders can join in.  Batters can do whatever routines they want.

*  But once that AB starts, that's it.  No mound visits by the catcher or infielders.  No stepping out of the box.  Pitcher can't walk around the mound.  There should really only be 10 seconds in between pitches unless there is a special circumstance like an injury or a broken bat.  If there are runners on base there are no restrictions with how long they hold the ball or how many times they step off but I do expect the pitcher to get the ball back quickly and step on that rubber as quickly as possible.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you and misckricket.  I have the video of the second to the last game of 1967.  The batters stayed in the batter's box and the pitchers stayed on the mond.  The game is more enjoyable to watch because of the continuity of play.  

The game of baseball is about hitting, pitching, catching, etc.  It's not about watching a batter roam around, fixing his gloves or clapping his hands.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

bring back roids!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My rules would be:

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you and misckricket.  I have the video of the second to the last game of 1967.  The batters stayed in the batter's box and the pitchers stayed on the mond.  The game is more enjoyable to watch because of the continuity of play.  

The game of baseball is about hitting, pitching, catching, etc.  It's not about watching a batter roam around, fixing his gloves or clapping his hands.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

it would also reduce the defensive shifts that take place with each change in the count.  If Maddon wants to move a guy 125 feet in between pitches they better be able to sprint it in 5 seconds.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

bring back roids!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My rules would be:

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

it would also reduce the defensive shifts that take place with each change in the count.  If Maddon wants to move a guy 125 feet in between pitches they better be able to sprint it in 5 seconds.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting point.  Defensive shifts are becoming more and more popular.  I wonder if coaches are now telling their players to leave the batters box so they can make those shifts.  Even more time added to the game.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to FriendsofFrazee's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Interesting point.  Defensive shifts are becoming more and more popular.  I wonder if coaches are now telling their players to leave the batters box so they can make those shifts.  Even more time added to the game.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Why would a coach instruct the batter to leave the box to allow the defense to adjust AGAINST him?

[/QUOTE]
    I stand corrected  I should have said the pitcher.

[object HTMLDivElement]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Why would a coach instruct the batter to leave the box to allow the defense to adjust AGAINST him?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

there is so much of that intentional delaying going on - from giving the relievers more time to warm up to the stupid replay system - the replay system makes a mockery of the game; for HR's I like it but that's about it

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

there is so much of that intentional delaying going on - from giving the relievers more time to warm up to the stupid replay system - the replay system makes a mockery of the game; for HR's I like it but that's about it

[/QUOTE]

The replay system is beyond stupid!  I like it for HR's also but that's it.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My rules would be:

[/QUOTE] i will now reinstate my suggestion of electrified batter's boxes 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My rules would be:

[/QUOTE] i will now reinstate my suggestion of electrified batter's boxes 

[/QUOTE]

:D

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i think we will be fine without you.

[/QUOTE]

Slasher, this is a serious question. Who do you think brings more life to the board---TWM or redsox67?

[/QUOTE]

They both do a good job of bringing...."life".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

slasher9's comment:

wrong.  everything i said is fact.  25% of the players suspended for PED within the past year are yankees.  go back to sleep.

thanks for KEEPING IT REAL.  WHAT ON EARTH WOULD I DO WITHOUT YOU?????

CERVELLI

RODRIGUEZ

cruz

peralta

cabrera

bastardo

tejada

patton

2of 8 = 25%

sit and spin.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Why did you omit Ryan Braun, Bartolo Colon or Alex Colome of the Rays?

To help with your math? Or how about the 12 minor leaguers from different organizations.

[/QUOTE]

i just went by the wiki link.  those three may have been suspended earlier in 2013?  minor leaguers dont count (unless they are yankees - then i will include them - let me know).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

bring back roids!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My rules would be:

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree with all of the above. These are things that MLB can and should do something about in order to make the game move along better. None of the things mentioned are integral to the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

slasher9's comment:

wrong.  everything i said is fact.  25% of the players suspended for PED within the past year are yankees.  go back to sleep.

CERVELLI

RODRIGUEZ

cruz

peralta

cabrera

bastardo

tejada

patton

2of 8 = 25%

sit and spin.

To help with your math? Or how about the 12 minor leaguers from different organizations.

i just went by the wiki link.  those three may have been suspended earlier in 2013?  minor leaguers dont count (unless they are yankees - then i will include them - let me know).

[/QUOTE]

They were included in the same time frame with the rest. Ryan Braun? Please, that's a convenient miss, it didn't garner much publicity being such an unknown. Colome early this year.

What's 25 percent of 11? Ha ha ha.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

slasher9's comment:

CERVELLI

RODRIGUEZ

cruz

peralta

cabrera

bastardo

tejada

patton

2of 8 = 25%

sit and spin.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They were included in the same time frame with the rest. Ryan Braun? Please, that's a convenient miss, it didn't garner much publicity being such an unknown. Colome early this year.

What's 25 percent of 11? Ha ha ha.

[/QUOTE]

heres the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_players_suspended_for_performance-enhancing_drugs

braun makes 9 in the past year. 2 out of 9 = 22%. my bad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

colome is minor league roster.  wasnt including those.  but if you want to then we can throw in Fernando Martinez & Ryan Baker who are both with (you guessed it!) the yankees organization.  gee, what would adding those 2 do to the %???

would you like to continue this discussion?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

colome is minor league roster.  wasnt including those.  but if you want to then we can throw in Fernando Martinez & Ryan Baker who are both with (you guessed it!) the yankees organization.  gee, what would adding those 2 do to the %???

would you like to continue this discussion?

[/QUOTE]

Colome was on the Rays ML roster when busted and pitching for them.

Why is it so difficult for you to admit that you were wrong?

College classmates named you slash because you fudged numbers?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/colomal01.shtml

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

slash omits (forgets!) Colon and Braun from those busted within the past year so his total count can amount to 8.

But is able to remember 2 Yankee minor leaguers.

Another subject you have zero credibility with.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

sigh.  this was the heading on wiki that colome fell under:

Players who had major league experience on minor league rosters

do you want to include him in my percentage? 

that would make 10 players of which 2 are yankees for a 20% rate.  not quite 25%.  regardless, the amount of yankees players busted and suspended by far blows every other team out of the water.  the closest to them is the mets (being so close in proximity maybe those mets players took the subway to visit with the yankees "supplements" guy???).  

guess how many red sox players have been suspended?  even i wont screw up that math.

because any number divided by ZERO is....you guessed it.....0%!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

you can keep trying TWM...but everyone on this board associates steroids with 3 things....canseco, bonds, and the new york yankees.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

sigh.  this was the heading on wiki that colome fell under:

Players who had major league experience on minor league rosters

do you want to include him in my percentage? 

that would make 10 players of which 2 are yankees for a 20% rate.  not quite 25%.  regardless, the amount of yankees players busted and suspended by far blows every other team out of the water.  the closest to them is the mets (being so close in proximity maybe those mets players took the subway to visit with the yankees "supplements" guy???).  

guess how many red sox players have been suspended?  even i wont screw up that math.

because any number divided by ZERO is....you guessed it.....0%!!!!!!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Martinez wasn't with the Yankees.

But nice try. You are pathetic.

Facts don't back up what you say? No problem you have your own version of the truth.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/martife02.shtml"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

did you actually look at the wiki page i used as reference.  those were my facts. 

but really it doesnt even matter.

everyone on the planet thinks the yankees = steroids.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

you can keep trying TWM...but everyone on this board associates steroids with 3 things....canseco, bonds, and the new york yankees.

[/QUOTE]

3 things slash?

can U name these 3 things

Sections
Shortcuts