Bring Back Tito

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Bring Back Tito

So the Red Sox lose 6 of 7 and are completely lifeless facing 2 more against the Yanks and a 3 game series against a tough Detroit team featuring Justin Verlander. They are coming off an embarrassing loss against NY and are given up for dead. They got Lester on the mound against the #1 offense in the league following one of the worst outings ever. And the next 2 games are on national TV so they can look forward getting beaten in front of millions. Which brings Tito to the game. As part of the prep for his ESPN gig, he stops be the Red Sox locker room and chats up his former team. And they go out and win 4 in a row. They play some their best basebal of the season and they win every way possible. The win a slugfest. They win an extra inning, low scoring game. They win going away. And they win a rain shortened game. Coincidence? I think not. Bring back Tito.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Bring Back Tito

as long as this ownership is here, Tito wont be...But i was basically just saying today what you just said...Funny how tito holds court and the Sox now win 4 in a row...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crazy-RedSox-Fan-1. Show Crazy-RedSox-Fan-1's posts

Not that I blame Bobby V for the failure of the Red Sox season this year, but I really liked Tito. He was the face of the Red Sox. I argee, he won't be back as long as John Henry owns this team. I just wish he can become our new GM, if not the team manager. Hope, the Sox keep winning and surprise all of us. Can't wait for the Papi to return as much as they just won four in a row with his absence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Tito probably said all the right things in that clubhouse, and I really wouldn't be surprised if at some point Pedroia said, "Not to take away from us winning 15 of 17 under Bobby, who is doing a good job, but that Tito conversation with all of us before that nationally televised Yankee game really got us on a positive track. I miss him as our leader."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In Response to Bring Back Tito:
    [QUOTE]So the Red Sox lose 6 of 7 and are completely lifeless facing 2 more against the Yanks and a 3 game series against a tough Detroit team featuring Justin Verlander. They are coming off an embarrassing loss against NY and are given up for dead. They got Lester on the mound against the #1 offense in the league following one of the worst outings ever. And the next 2 games are on national TV so they can look forward getting beaten in front of millions. Which brings Tito to the game. As part of the prep for his ESPN gig, he stops be the Red Sox locker room and chats up his former team. And they go out and win 4 in a row. They play some their best basebal of the season and they win every way possible. The win a slugfest. They win an extra inning, low scoring game. They win going away. And they win a rain shortened game. Coincidence? I think not. Bring back Tito.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

LMAO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In Response to Re: Bring Back Tito:
    [QUOTE]as long as this ownership is here, Tito wont be...But i was basically just saying today what you just said...Funny how tito holds court and the Sox now win 4 in a row...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]
    Holds court???????  He was trying to find out if any of the players could tell him about this thing called a BUNT. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

He would still be managing if those little fireside chats had worked last September.  Get real.  Baseball is all about individual matchups and almost never about inspirational leadership by the manager or former manager. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

TF was one of the worst managers in Red Sox history.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]He would still be managing if those little fireside chats had worked last September.  Get real.  Baseball is all about individual matchups and almost never about inspirational leadership by the manager or former manager. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

He was such a good manager, he passed up the other 29 teams to work at ESPN!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]TF was one of the worst managers in Red Sox history.
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they only won two world series under his leadership.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]So the Red Sox lose 6 of 7 and are completely lifeless facing 2 more against the Yanks and a 3 game series against a tough Detroit team featuring Justin Verlander. They are coming off an embarrassing loss against NY and are given up for dead. They got Lester on the mound against the #1 offense in the league following one of the worst outings ever. And the next 2 games are on national TV so they can look forward getting beaten in front of millions. Which brings Tito to the game. As part of the prep for his ESPN gig, he stops be the Red Sox locker room and chats up his former team. And they go out and win 4 in a row. They play some their best basebal of the season and they win every way possible. The win a slugfest. They win an extra inning, low scoring game. They win going away. And they win a rain shortened game. Coincidence? I think not. Bring back Tito.

If you want to believe that, you are entitled. I would think just the opposite would be true. They realized what a bonehead he was and figured they better start winning or Henry might want him back!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]As Dad would say.............  "SON, that SHIP has SAILED" !!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bring Back Tito : He was such a good manager, he passed up the other 29 teams to work at ESPN!
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

Great logic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If a post ever deserved to be a poster child for this forum's collective IQ,
    this is it. One of so many complete wastes of chatspace.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Francona is too smart to come back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Francona didn't get fired, but simply didn't get his contract renewed.  Once he realized no one else wanted him to manage in the near term, he got a good job at espn which has been a good fit.  It's also better for his health.  If he continues to be good at it, he would be crazy to go back to managing (which I happen to think he was pretty good at). 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I think the reason he didn't get an initial offer was 2-fold.
    1. Theo I think wanted him, but realized the backlash would be too much for Sox Nation to see both of them jump ship to Chitown.
    2. LL definitely, positively hurt Tito's reputation with the allegations about his 
    use of meds. It got personal, and I do think it scared of some teams. I'm sure those teams also felt there should be a "cooling off" period for Tito.

And I agree he did make the right choice to go to TV for now. He is a very funny guy and has a good take on his analysis, very light, often humorous and I'm always listening to him. A natural. I think Tito will be managing sometime soon==2 WS winning managers don't sit on the sidelines for too long.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

he didnt manager, he was a pr guy....stop the insanity please

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]he didnt manager, he was a pr guy....stop the insanity please
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    That's not fair. Valentine has done a respectful job given the circumstances.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Lloyd....cmon, KC jones won as many titles as Francona....is he an awesome coach???? Mike Ditka? It is the players with talent that win...managers only matter when you have less talent (like Bobby V this year)...Even Bill Belichick only won 9 games (barley above .500) when Brady went down a few years ago..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from august271985. Show august271985's posts

Actually, I think the reason for the win streak was that Cody Ross prayed to St. Anthony for a win streak... or that half the team got laid the night before...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]Lloyd....cmon, KC jones won as many titles as Francona....is he an awesome coach???? Mike Ditka? It is the players with talent that win...managers only matter when you have less talent (like Bobby V this year)...Even Bill Belichick only won 9 games (barley above .500) when Brady went down a few years ago..
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I see you have the same trouble with football facts as you do with baseball.

The Patriots finished 11-5 in 2008, without Brady.

With a 16 game schedule, 11 wins is better than "barely above" .500.

Sections
Shortcuts