BRING BACK YOUK TO PLAY 1ST BASE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

BRING BACK YOUK TO PLAY 1ST BASE!

YOUK STILL CAN PLAY A VERY GOOD DEFENSIVE 1B, IS A RS ICON, AND STILL WILL HIT

WELL AT FENWAY.  FOR $7-8M, I WOULD GO WITH A 1 YEAR CONTRACT!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: BRING BACK YOUK TO PLAY 1ST BASE!

HA! YOUK WILL NOT GET 7-8 MIL FROM ANY TEAM. BUT THERE IS STILL THE FACT THAT HE WILL MOST LIKELY END UP INJURED. ALSO, HE IS IN DECLINE AND HAS BEEN FOR A COUPLE YEARS NOW. ALSO DO NOT KNOW HOW HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHER TEAM MATES ENDED BEFORE HE WAS TRADED. HE MAY HAVE BURNED SOME BRIDGES ON THE TEAM.

I DON'T KNOW WHY WE'RE YELLING!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

As much as any RS fan has to appreciate what Youk did in Boston I think that he needs to stay gone.   The RS did the right thing with the trade last year no sense revisiting.  The RS moved on they need to keep going. IMO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Yes, the Sox did the right thing when they traded Youkilis.  He has declined enough insluding last season) and his body seems to break down too much in these last couple of years. 

No need to bring him back to Boston, but he should not have had to endure the mess of Valentine questioning his desire in the press.  If nothing else, he always played hard for the Red Sox.

If he can hook on with another team, I wish him well

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to never1954's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As much as any RS fan has to appreciate what Youk did in Boston I think that he needs to stay gone.   The RS did the right thing with the trade last year no sense revisiting.  The RS moved on they need to keep going. IMO

[/QUOTE]

Let's leave well enough alone and not give our inept GM any wierd ideas.  Kevin was a big part of Red Sox glory days but his time is up and we can't start becoming an old man's home.  There are younger and more talented first baseman out there.  Let's move on and get someone who can really help us and stay in one piece.  Youk isn't it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to never1954's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let's leave well enough alone and not give our inept GM any wierd ideas.  Kevin was a big part of Red Sox glory days but his time is up and we can't start becoming an old man's home.  There are younger and more talented first baseman out there.  Let's move on and get someone who can really help us and stay in one piece.  Youk isn't it.

[/QUOTE]

i would bet your more inept than ben when it comes to running a baseball team...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

People on the board don't seem to like Gomez but for the money I think he is a real prize. He may not be as good defensively as Youk but he didn't disappoint at 1 B last year--he was definitely not a 3 B. He had a .992 F %age in 16 games---he had 1 error in 16 games--I think it was a ball that went through his webbing.

He had a .422 Slg % and a .324 OBP batted .275 in 37 games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

They could do worse than Youk on a short term deal. He started to decline when he moved to third. I think he could still play a decent first base. I would rather trade for a young, powerful 1st basemen (Ike Davis maybe) but if that isn't going to happen, I would rather it be Youk than Pena or Loney. I like Laroche but he will want big money / years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

People on the board don't seem to like Gomez but for the money I think he is a real prize. He may not be as good defensively as Youk but he didn't disappoint at 1 B last year--he was definitely not a 3 B. He had a .992 F %age in 16 games---he had 1 error in 16 games--I think it was a ball that went through his webbing.

He had a .422 Slg % and a .324 OBP batted .275 in 37 games.

[/QUOTE]

Hes a career AAA guy for a reason. Your very small sample sizes are just that. Gomez should NOT be a starter.

As far as Youk...thanks, but no thanks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I don't see this happening. For one, the FO would have to admit that they were wrong to get rid of Youk simply because Bobby didn't like him. And then maybe admit that they hired Bobby knowing there was something wrong with him, and explain the reason for that. Whatever they said, I probably still would never understand.

With everything Youk has meant to the Sox and their fans, I thought the way he was traded mid-season was disrespectful and really insulting. I would be surprised if Youk even wanted to come back. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see this happening. For one, the FO would have to admit that they were wrong to get rid of Youk simply because Bobby didn't like him. And then maybe admit that they hired Bobby knowing there was something wrong with him, and explain the reason for that. Whatever they said, I probably still would never understand.

With everything Youk has meant to the Sox and their fans, I thought the way he was traded mid-season was disrespectful and really insulting. I would be surprised if Youk even wanted to come back. 

[/QUOTE]

It wouldnt be admitting they were wrong. It was the right move at the time. Gonzo was at 1b, papi was DH, and WMB was tearing it up at 3b.

Youk got hurt once again and WMB made a strong case to play fulltime. Youk was treated bad by BV, not the organization. They made a tough decision, but did what was best for the team, not the player.

With that said, Id give him a 1 yr deal if all the other options fell through...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

They could have still kept him as a fill-in for all those positions. He had too much history here to be treated like that, and, seemingly, just thrown away.

Whether people thought they should leave or not, AGon's phone was used to complain about BV, Stoppach complained to and about BV not using him enough, Beckett and BV never got along really well and he wouldn't even talk with BV initially - same with Crawford. BV took at shot publically at Youk, and you don't do that unless you don't like the person. There really is no coincidence as to who was removed from the team. IMO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

They could have still kept him as a fill-in for all those positions. He had too much history here to be treated like that, and, seemingly, just thrown away.

Whether people thought they should leave or not, AGon's phone was used to complain about BV, Stoppach complained to and about BV not using him enough, Beckett and BV never got along really well and he wouldn't even talk with BV initially - same with Crawford. BV took at shot publically at Youk, and you don't do that unless you don't like the person. There really is no coincidence as to who was removed from the team. IMO

[/QUOTE]

It was out of respect to give Youk a chance to play FT somewhere else. He would not be happy sitting on the bench and only playing once in a while. Nobody knew WMB would be hit by a pitch and be out for the rest of the season. With an already bad clubhouse vibe, adding another disgruntled player whos not getting playing time would have just added to the mess. As far as BV, it was obviously the wrong choice. Im also not going to comment on who sent texts and all that...None of us know what really happened there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The Sox had Gonzalez at first and an emerging Middlebrooks at third.  Where was Youk supposed to play?  Now that Gonzalez is gone I would take a chance on Youk as a part-time INF.  He can play 1st, 3rd and DH some if Papi's heel is problematic. 

I don't think Youk was a cancer, and I think the Sox dealing him had to do with Middlebrooks' emergence and Valentine.  If Youk could accept a platoon role they could do worse.  Playing him less may actually help him at this point in his career, and maybe he understands that now. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

No Thanks !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

The Youk era is past.  Over the years he made some great plays and key hits.

He is not as valuable as Ortiz.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to REBEL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

YOUK STILL CAN PLAY A VERY GOOD DEFENSIVE 1B, IS A RS ICON, AND STILL WILL HIT

WELL AT FENWAY.  FOR $7-8M, I WOULD GO WITH A 1 YEAR CONTRACT!

[/QUOTE]

If Youk was not so injured prone I would say yes. I  agree with mef 49 what was his departure from sox nation positive or negative impact. The only positive, Youk would be a back up for Gomez and Middlebrooks. Especially for the late innings when the game is close and the sox may need someone to come off the bench for a clutch hit. I would sign Youk to a one year deal if he (Youk) is willing to play the back up role.

Sections
Shortcuts