Bring on the Rays! Predictions?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Bring on the Rays! Predictions?

Maybe it's just what I want or a fantasy, and not to jinx or anything, but I'm seeing a sox sweep, with just one close game (decided by one run).  In any case, that first game win, gotta have it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Re: Bring on the Rays! Predictions?

Bad. 60-40 Rays win. Everything about this matchup stinks, and although the Sox have a great record against them this year, I'd feel better in a longer series. This has disaster written all over it. They get Price to start? Really? So that's what the division winner and best record in baseball gets you? Again, I'm hoping against all hope, but this just doesn't sound good. Shades of 2008 I'm afraid. 

"Any place you go, it will always be better than Tucson."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Maybe it's just what I want or a fantasy, and not to jinx or anything, but I'm seeing a sox sweep, with just one close game (decided by one run).  In any case, that first game win, gotta have it!

Sox in four games. We win games one, three, and four.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The only thing I predict with any confidence is 500 more negative comments about Ellsbury and S. Drew by Red Sox Fireman by the end of the series.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

Bad. 60-40 Rays win. Everything about this matchup stinks, and although the Sox have a great record against them this year, I'd feel better in a longer series. This has disaster written all over it. They get Price to start? Really? So that's what the division winner and best record in baseball gets you? Again, I'm hoping against all hope, but this just doesn't sound good. Shades of 2008 I'm afraid. 

Its likely Moore will start. Price pitched a complete game on Monday. A Friday start gives him just three days rest. Its possible, but if we win that one the Rays are dead in the water.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

The only thing I predict with any confidence is 500 more negative comments about Ellsbury and S. Drew by Red Sox Fireman by the end of the series.

lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

[QUOTE]

Its likely Moore will start. Price pitched a complete game on Monday. A Friday start gives him just three days rest. Its possible, but if we win that one the Rays are dead in the water.

[/QUOTE]

True. Meh,  I just have nightmares about the likes of Holland, Moore, Price and all the other good lefties that have dominted the Sox this year. Thankfully they start at Fenway. Otherwise I would say 70-30 Rays win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

I REALLY wanted the Indians to make it. Tampa Bay worries me....A LOT. This series is going the full 5. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Rays have won three straight elimination games. Outstanding pitching and defense. Clearly better than Cleveland. They are feeling loose and confident. But we have the better team. We won the season series and finished six games ahead of them. We have the home field advantage. No reason why we can't beat them. It all comes down to who handles the post season pressure. I like our chances. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I predict me watching as much of it as possible.  Beyond that, no predictions...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to notin's comment:

I predict me watching as much of it as possible.  Beyond that, no predictions...

Lol now this is true. The most accurate prediction I'd say. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Im not that positive Mex. I hate this Rays team so much, its impossible for me to get enough of a handle on it to make any prediction I feel is accurate. It could go any way, from sweep to sweep. I will say Id be much more shocked if the Rays swept than if we did. So, I'll say Sox in 4. No sweep.  But losing to this team would be the ultimate nightmare for this season. If we lose to them, I am done watching baseball for 2013, dont care who else is still in it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Cool

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Im not that positive Mex. I hate this Rays team so much, its impossible for me to get enough of a handle on it to make any prediction I feel is accurate. It could go any way, from sweep to sweep. I will say Id be much more shocked if the Rays swept than if we did. So, I'll say Sox in 4. No sweep.  But losing to this team would be the ultimate nightmare for this season. If we lose to them, I am done watching baseball for 2013, dont care who else is still in it. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. First off, without profit sharing the Rays don't exist. So in essence, you are paying a team (albeit somewhat minimally) to try and prevent you from advancing in the playoffs. That has a fan base..wait..has no one who cares about the baseball team and doesn't show up for any games unless it's the playoffs.  It was utterly disgusting to see the Trop during playoff games packed and cheering. To see it again is almost unbearable. This is the real shame.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Moore is getting the nod for Game 1 and Price going for Game 2.    Price has ice in his veins, so winning Game 1 is huge.  Do that and the Sox will take this in 4.

If they lose Game 1, it'll be back to Fenway for Game 5.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Red Sox win the series

thumbs up!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sox in four games. We win games one, three, and four.

[/QUOTE]

aha! not feeling confident in Lackey

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Sox sweep the series

"Another day closer to the parade"

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I dont like all the days off for the Sox.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Tough first round matchup but I guess that's how it should be. Sox can win this but will not be easy....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I do not want the premonition to become a reality. Can you imagine the Rays, the away team in New York(winning 3), Toronto(losing first 2 but winning elimination game three 7-6), Texas, Cleveland, Boston and A's or Detroit, winning the Division ? They have played 39 out of last 41 days...tired ??? I hope so.

Price and Moore have been very tough on us and although in some games we get 2/3 runs 4/5 hits in 5 innings or so & can't get a key hit to put them away & they settle down & get stronger. And they seem to get very lucky scratching together runs to hits and even getting more runs than hits. I can't stand to look at Maddon. Last night they get 4 runs on 8 hits and Indians get "0" runs on 9 hits. We can't let that happen to us.

The only benefit to playing Tampa, and I hate their stadium too, is that I would guess 25% of the fans would be rooting for Boston. I hope it does not come true, but I would feel less bad losing to Francona & the Indians.

Our series victory will come beating 2 Cal teams, I think, the A's & LA & I hope to wear my Boston strong t-shirt & "B" on my cap & attend some games here in SF and in la la land.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I do not want the premonition to become a reality. Can you imagine the Rays, the away team in New York(winning 3), Toronto(losing first 2 but winning elimination game three 7-6), Texas, Cleveland, Boston and A's or Detroit, winning the Division ? They have played 39 out of last 41 days...tired ??? I hope so.

Price and Moore have been very tough on us and although in some games we get 2/3 runs 4/5 hits in 5 innings or so & can't get a key hit to put them away & they settle down & get stronger. And they seem to get very lucky scratching together runs to hits and even getting more runs than hits. I can't stand to look at Maddon. Last night they get 4 runs on 8 hits and Indians get "0" runs on 9 hits. We can't let that happen to us.

The only benefit to playing Tampa, and I hate their stadium too, is that I would guess 25% of the fans would be rooting for Boston. I hope it does not come true, but I would feel less bad losing to Francona & the Indians.

Our series victory will come beating 2 Cal teams, I think, the A's & LA & I hope to wear my Boston strong t-shirt & "B" on my cap & attend some games here in SF and in la la land.

Great avatar; otherwise no predictions

Sections
Shortcuts