Bring up Both Bogaerts and Middlebrooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Bring up Both Bogaerts and Middlebrooks

First of all, I'm not seeing anything in Snyder to keep him around so he can be let go to open up a spot on 40 man roster.

Secondly, let Napoli get the Hellenic College Flu for 15 days to get himself straight and put him on the DL. He has produced exactly 0 Home Runs and 1 RBI in his last 13 games. And that doesn't include the 19 K's and 5 GIDPs.

There are your two roster spots. You can play them both at 3B and see who wins the competition.

They both had excellent games in yesterday's DH.

Bogaerts went 5 for 7, average up to .291 and OPS at .856

Middlebrooks went 3 for 5, average up to .269 and OPS at .797

Easy decision.

The Red Sox are getting zero production from third base.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Bring up Both Bogaerts and Middlebrooks

Bogaerts 5/7 but played SS.

It's good to see Middlebrooks hitting the ball too.  Looking away from the box score I've heard people saying he's looking like he's making adjustments at the plate and starting to show some patience.  

It would be absolutely amazing to see those two together in a lineup and really turn it on.  Hopefully we can see them in Fenway with Ortiz still good for a year or two. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Agreed on boht Boggy and Middy.  But unfortunately, THEY can't hear what we are screaming for.  

Bogaerts has been pretty solid against the righties with .277/.333/.454.  But he owns the lefties in his 48 ABs with .333/.492/.542.  I was hoping Boggy would make his big league debut last night but they chose Holt instead.  Many are saying he's not experienced at 3B and has only few starts in his career.  How many games will his poor defense cost?  I don't think Snyder/Holt defense will save us that many games either.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Agreed on boht Boggy and Middy.  But unfortunately, THEY can't hear what we are screaming for.  

Bogaerts has been pretty solid against the righties with .277/.333/.454.  But he owns the lefties in his 48 ABs with .333/.492/.542.  I was hoping Boggy would make his big league debut last night but they chose Holt instead.  Many are saying he's not experienced at 3B and has only few starts in his career.  How many games will his poor defense cost?  I don't think Snyder/Holt defense will save us that many games either.    

Exactly, and their offense stinks. I myself would put Papi at first for a game, DH Bogaerts and put Middlebrooks at third. This would eliminate the 3rd base stiffs from the lineup and get Napoli out of the lineup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Not a bad idea to bring both of these guys up at the same time.  Also, agree that Snyder is the guy who gets DFA'd to get the 40 man roster spot for Bogaerts.

Both of these guys will make better contributions than either Snyder or Holt in the starting lineup.  Holt has a place as he is a better utility infielder than either Bogaerts or Middlebrooks since he has major league experience at second base.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

First of all, I'm not seeing anything in Snyder to keep him around so he can be let go to open up a spot on 40 man roster.

Secondly, let Napoli get the Hellenic College Flu for 15 days to get himself straight and put him on the DL. He has produced exactly 0 Home Runs and 1 RBI in his last 13 games. And that doesn't include the 19 K's and 5 GIDPs.

There are your two roster spots. You can play them both at 3B and see who wins the competition.

Easy decision.

So refreshing to hear someone speak the truth.Way to many  poster live from day to day and don't look at the whole picture.Everytime i suggest some worries about the sox....Out comes Mr stats guy. Or out comes Mr after the fact guy. Or out comes Mr prediction guy.Or out comes Mr don't have a clue but thinks he knows all the right moves.. Me... i'm just Mr bi...tch and moan guy because how much longer is sox going to sit on thier hands and not address the issues. Like a real 3rd baseman who can hit and a real number 5 batter that can protect Ortiz. Never mind about finding out why they can't hit lefties.....Today we are happy team but if sh..t doesn't hit the fan soon ??? All the happiness and hugs might be spent on the golf course

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I do not think both can be brought up at the same time cuz Boston would have to DFA two players on the roster.  Cant afford to let go two experience players who probably wouldnt mind staying on the bench if someone is playing at 3b.  Holt is a perfect guy who have alot of experience playing off of the bench.

I know alot of fans rather to have Bogaret to be called up before Middlebrook, but the problem is that he have to play at 3B.  Dont think it have work out for him lately in AAA lately.

So I think Middlebrook will be call up and give a chance for a week.  If fail, then send him back down and call up Bogaret!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

I do not think both can be brought up at the same time cuz Boston would have to DFA two players on the roster.  Cant afford to let go two experience players who probably wouldnt mind staying on the bench if someone is playing at 3b.  Holt is a perfect guy who have alot of experience playing off of the bench.

I know alot of fans rather to have Bogaret to be called up before Middlebrook, but the problem is that he have to play at 3B.  Dont think it have work out for him lately in AAA lately.

So I think Middlebrook will be call up and give a chance for a week.  If fail, then send him back down and call up Bogaret!!

You can DFA Snyder and option Holt. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

DFA Bard. That'd give you a quick roster spot. You can put a fork in him cuz he's done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

One or the other will get called up. Snyder will probably be DFA'd/sent through waivers, and parked in AAA IF he makes it through. That will open up a 40man roster spot for Bogey. or they can just call up Middy after sending Snyder through waivers/DFA, who is already on the 40-man roster.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i have no nidea why these two guys are languishing in the minors when we have that god awful platoon going on...and i dont care what the record shows....get some ballplayers up there, not career scrubs

As always - 100% correct!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Bring them both up.  Sox need to be aggressive. Our position is not nearly as secure as some think. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Bring them both up.  Sox need to be aggressive. Our position is not nearly as secure as some think. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

I seriously doubt that anybody over the age of 10 thinks our position is secure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

I totally agree.... Can they do any worse?..... Be aggressive is right on

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Easy decision.

Your comment and request are a gospel... agreed 100%...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

I seriously doubt that anybody over the age of 10 thinks our position is secure.

Read the other threads. Some are already setting up the post season rotation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

What??? Can you change that age to about 65.Seriously........

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

I agree about the standings: KC is rolling, Toronto would love nothing more than to sweep the Sox then the Yankees--Interleague--SF and the Dodgers--then Baltimore.

If the bats are silenced it's not like we have the Rays pitching staff to hold the opposition to 2 runs or less.

We need all hands on deck that means some AAA farm hands ---XBo and WMB. I like the idea of Ortiz playing 1 B so both Xman and WMB can be in the lineup. If you have a tough lefty remove Drew--WMB, Xman, Pedroia and Nap in the Inf--Ortiz DH.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess I should have said 'anybody with a baseball intelligence over the age of 10'. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Middy at 1st and Bogarts at 3rd..... Didn't Naps hurt his hip again? You know ,Take one for the team ??? Till the middle of Oct.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess I should have said 'anybody with a baseball intelligence over the age of 10'. 

LOL ,,, YES ! Much better

[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ha. That's a good one. Anybody with a baseball intelligence over the age of ten. Very clever. And you thought it up so quickly.  So , what does your " baseball intelligence "  say about bringing up Bogaerts and Middlebrooks ?  After all , that is the subject here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I'd bring WMB back up. Bogaerts, not yet. Every level is a big jump,  AAA to MLB, HUGE

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to lasitter's comment:

DFA Bard. That'd give you a quick roster spot. You can put a fork in him cuz he's done.

I am not sure why Bard is still on the 40-man. Even if they think he's salvageable, why not the 60-day DL? If I'm not mistaken he's been shut down since May.

25. This post has been removed.