Brock Holt is playing like MVP's used to play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Brock Holt is playing like MVP's used to play

How did this guy get lost in the shuffle? He plays wherever you want him to play (just gimme the right glove) and doea, not a good job, but a great job. Takes the extra base and, most impressively, sees some pitches when leading off, but is aggressive at other times, especially with men on base and, incidentally, hits .300+

Right now he's a shoo-in for the team's MVP choice, and can certainly ne considered for the league award (depending on not only his play for the rest of the year, but team mates as well).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Re: Brock Holt is playing like MVP's used to play

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How did this guy get lost in the shuffle? He plays wherever you want him to play (just gimme the right glove) and doea, not a good job, but a great job. Takes the extra base and, most impressively, sees some pitches when leading off, but is aggressive at other times, especially with men on base and, incidentally, hits .300+

Right now he's a shoo-in for the team's MVP choice, and can certainly ne considered for the league award (depending on not only his play for the rest of the year, but team mates as well).

[/QUOTE]

Big fan of Holt's and team MVP is realistic, but AL MVP is a reach, highly unlikely.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Big fan of Holt's and team MVP is realistic, but AL MVP is a reach, highly unlikely.

[/QUOTE]

I realize it would take a monumental effort, by him and the team, for im to get the MVP. Nothing like that has ever happened in all baseball history. BUT, he becomes "eligible" after another dozen (approx) games. That, according to the "3.1 rule". That's when he starts getting attention. If the team moves into serious contention in August, taht means far more media exposure. Remote, but worth thinking about!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, Holt does have a better shot than Sin Choo Choo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I realize it would take a monumental effort, by him and the team, for im to get the MVP. Nothing like that has ever happened in all baseball history. BUT, he becomes "eligible" after another dozen (approx) games. That, according to the "3.1 rule". That's when he starts getting attention. If the team moves into serious contention in August, taht means far more media exposure. Remote, but worth thinking about!

[/QUOTE]

Worth thinking about, certainly, but highly unlikely.  But oh, wouldn't that be something (oops, as I'm typing, Holt just got a double against Jays) If by some miracle, Sox were to end up in the ALC with Holt leading the league in hitting, I could see it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Red Sox MVP is debatable.  AL MVP is asinine.  Ever hear of Mike Trout?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

He's not only the best player on the Sox but he will get votes for the MVP, he won't win because he's not a HR hitter. Either Trout or Cabrera will win the league honor. He does belong in the discussion for ROY. Again he'll have trouble winning because of the two imports Abreu and Tanaka. The argument that can be made on his behalf is his unreal versatility, he makes plays everywhere the Sox play him at, which at this point in time he has played every position other than catcher or pitcher and I have no doubt he could play those positions as well. He's playing at a level that very few players ever play! To bad the sportswriters aren't paying attention....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Thats my boy  !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Hopefully he continues this trend for the next 5 years before he hits free agency

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've heard of Trout, and Tanaka, and Cabrera. But, who has been most valuable to his team? I'll tell you who, at l;est up to this point, and that is Brock Holt! And that's not an opinion. that's a given!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Jon Lester is this teams MVP. And it isn't close

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've heard of Trout, and Tanaka, and Cabrera. But, who has been most valuable to his team? I'll tell you who, at l;est up to this point, and that is Brock Holt! And that's not an opinion. that's a given!

[/QUOTE]

Arguing “value to the team” should also include some context of team success.   If you want to argue Holt has been more valuable to the Red sox this year than Trout has been to the Angels, at least include that the Red Sox were a last place team as recently as yesterday.  And then the counterargument is, how can you argue for Holt as an MVP candidate if they easily could have been in last place without him?

MVP’s are not decided in July, but the leading candidates in the AL right now should be Trout, Adam Jones, Josh Donaldson and Kyle Seager.  These players have been more instrumental to the success of teams actually having success…

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Certainly not AL MVP.  But right now gets my vote for Sox MVP.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I always wanted the RS to have a Ben Zobrist player. One who plays every where and makes all the plays and will make great plays as well. When Ben was a FA I wanted the RS to sign him. 

Now we have Brock which is IMO Zobrist 2.0 a much better version so far. I hope there are no software or hardware issues the rest of the way.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

You always have to mention Cabrera. He's having a down year only hitting .311 with 14 HRS, with only 76 rbi's.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

no way MVP.  def possibility ROY.  tanaka was a shoe-in until his arm realized he was in MLB and not Japan.

other names i have posted under:  none

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you don't even know what "opinion" means, but I'm supposed to take you seriously? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

no way MVP.  def possibility ROY.  tanaka was a shoe-in until his arm realized he was in MLB and not Japan.

other names i have posted under:  none

[/QUOTE]

Abreu and Springer are both good candidates as well.    And by season's end, Holt might not even be the best Red Sox rookie...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Has Brock Holt earned an everyday job for next year?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more! He has been just about the most exciting aspect of the Red Sox season thus far. He has shown that he is the complete package..a great all around player who has definitely exceeded expectations.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Extend him 6 year 40m

Sections
Shortcuts