Brock Holt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Brock Holt

What is better for the team? Holt or Middlebrooks in the third?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Brock Holt

I would say in the long term that Middlebrooks will be the guy.

However,I am thinking that they want him to spend a little more time in AAA before he becomes a fulltime major leaguer. If you recall, back about 10 years ago, the Blue Jays had a hot-shot pitcher named Roy Halladay. They called him up too soon, he struggled, they sent him all the way back to single-A. When Hallady finally made it back to the big club he was a much better pitcher,and soon became the best in the league.

So the short term answer is Holt. Only because the team amd Middlebrooks will benefit from not rushing him back. But, as usual, the front office is not checking here for answers. They already know this.

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Brock Holt is playing a very respectable 3 B. H

e is getting some clutch hits and appears to be able to the little things right. I am pleasantly surprised--it wouldn't surprise me if people are calling about him as a super siub type.

WMB is going to have soome tough competition--I hope he's prepared for it. Boggie hit his 7 th HR tonight in 28 games and Cecchini continues to hit well at AA SeaDogs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Middlebrooks isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Holt will be the utility guy once Drew returns after the All Star Break. Other than the error today, he has been a great dirt dog at bottom of order.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Brock Holt is playing a very respectable 3 B. H

e is getting some clutch hits and appears to be able to the little things right. I am pleasantly surprised--it wouldn't surprise me if people are calling about him as a super siub type.

WMB is going to have soome tough competition--I hope he's prepared for it. Boggie hit his 7 th HR tonight in 28 games and Cecchini continues to hit well at AA SeaDogs.

Too early to tell...but I like hungry players like him...middlebrooks has at this moment more long term potential... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

I would say in the long term that Middlebrooks will be the guy.

However,I am thinking that they want him to spend a little more time in AAA before he becomes a fulltime major leaguer. If you recall, back about 10 years ago, the Blue Jays had a hot-shot pitcher named Roy Halladay. They called him up too soon, he struggled, they sent him all the way back to single-A. When Hallady finally made it back to the big club he was a much better pitcher,and soon became the best in the league.

So the short term answer is Holt. Only because the team amd Middlebrooks will benefit from not rushing him back. But, as usual, the front office is not checking here for answers. They already know this.

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

Zilla stop writing down rational statements that make sense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Holt looks pretty comfortable at the plate and plays a solid 3B...the answer is simple he plays until he crashes and burns. 

8. This post has been removed.