Brock Holt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Brock Holt

Brock Holt is hitting, for Pawtucket, just like he was hitting before being sent down. Last time I looked, it was .337 (nearly 100 AB). Even 'tho he has only 1 HR, there this year, he has a very good SLG average. He also has 7 steals. I like Herrera, but there is simply no comparison to their values. Brock will be 26 next month; gee, maybe he's too old!

Bring him up, let him start against RH pitching. He is hitting well over .300, this year against both lefties and RH.

I hope he's not a pawn in some up-coming "bloclkbuster"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Brock Holt

Somehow, Holt has become thought of as a career minor leaguer  or a utility guy in MLB. Cecchini is a " can't miss " prospect.  Right now, Holt is batting 41 points higher than Cecchini. His OPS is 141 points higher. More stolen bases. Holt is apparently the better defender. Holt is 25.  Cecchini is 23. Two years difference. Now, it could happen that the scouting reports will be correct and Cecchini will become the better player. But if you want to go by year to date results, Holt is clearly better. That may change. But it could be that Brock Holt has been underrated and deserves another look. Maybe he is much better than we thought.

Stabbed by Foulke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I totally agree with this...Holt should be on this Roster as should Daniel Nava.....rectn article about how we are struggling to hit RHH....well we have one of our best hitters vs RHH in the minrs right now because we only have one guy who can play CF regularly. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I don't understand why he's not up here opposed to keeping WMB at 3B.

I understand he was injured but Holt was hitting .400 when WMB came back--WMB is batting .210 now and shows no sign of a run. I say bring up Holt and let WMB earn his way back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I would think that bringing Holt back, PRONTO, would be a no brainer. He's hitting .347 (24 games), and stealing bases!

C'mon, Ben, wake up; he should never have been sent down in the first place, and you know it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Pedro Ciriaco looked great in stretches too. Minor league numbers don't always translate at the major league level once you account for adequate sample size. The Red Sox feel that Middlebrooks is a better player than Holt, and they're probably right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

The Red Sox management team are a total disaster!  Idiots!  If guys on the internet know what to do with Brock Holt then....oh yeah, it's just guys on the internet vs. the most successful team over the past ten years with a great deal of long-term success obtaining and developing young talent.

I think my money would be on the successful billion-dollar baseball machine's talent evaluation rather than that of guys on the internet.  What about you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

I understand he was injured but Holt was hitting .400 when WMB came back--WMB is batting .210 now and shows no sign of a run. I say bring up Holt and let WMB earn his way back.

Today WMB has dipped below the Mendoza Line @.197. There are any number of players @ AA and AAA that can play 3B that are hitting and probably fielding as well if not better than WMB.

If you don't want Holt bring up Marrero for SS and move Xander to 3 B.

The philosophy I feel GM's should try to work within is have the best 25 players on your game roster. One persons opinion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Today WMB has dipped below the Mendoza Line @.197. There are any number of players @ AA and AAA that can play 3B that are hitting and probably fielding as well if not better than WMB.

If you don't want Holt bring up Marrero for SS and move Xander to 3 B.

The philosophy I feel GM's should try to work within is have the best 25 players on your game roster. One persons opinion.

Mac, my view remains that if X can play SS effectively it will maximise his value.  He can always be moved later to 3B, LF, whatever.  If his D becomes a major liability by all means he should be moved, but right now I think the Sox should think long-term with their elite, 21-year old prospect.  Surely they can find a way to buttress 3B without moving X?  Holt bats lefty, correct?  Has played SS, 2B and 3B correct?  Is tearing up AAA? Bring him up to platoon with Midds at 3rd....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Somehow, Holt has become thought of as a career minor leaguer  or a utility guy in MLB. Cecchini is a " can't miss " prospect.  Right now, Holt is batting 41 points higher than Cecchini. His OPS is 141 points higher. More stolen bases. Holt is apparently the better defender. Holt is 25.  Cecchini is 23. Two years difference. Now, it could happen that the scouting reports will be correct and Cecchini will become the better player. But if you want to go by year to date results, Holt is clearly better. That may change. But it could be that Brock Holt has been underrated and deserves another look. Maybe he is much better than we thought.

Stabbed by Foulke.

Last year Holt had an OPS of 650 at AAA. This year it is mid May.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

[object HTMLDivElement]   He has shown a lot of improvement, hasn't he?  Should we wait a little longer?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

It was actually .636 in 2013, as I'm sure you are aware and were just rounding up.  The guy is not a no-hoper IMO....not, with respect, a Ciriaco i.e. has a decent MiLB track record...BUT...he's hardly young at nearly 26 and while his MiLB stats have been pretty solid and consistent during his 6-year apprenticeship they've all been at age inappropriate levels.

But if internet guys say he's the Next Big Thing after 107 2014 AAA PAs at age 26 who am I to argue?

Sections
Shortcuts