Bronson Arroyo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

Bronson Arroyo

Would anybody bring him back?He is older now.But a good pitcher still.If they traded Dempster and/or Peavy i think he could be a good guy to have.especially if they kept Peavy and moved Arroyo to the bullpen.i have always liked him.plus he would be cheaper than Tanaka.i like Tanaka if they were to trade Buchholtz.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Re: Bronson Arroyo

Excellent idea, but you'd have a logjam of veteran pitchers with ERAs in the 4's who make a ton of money. If the Sox are ever going to see some young pitchers develop they need to make some room for them.

That being said Bucholz will be on the DL in 2 months and we will need Arroyo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to bosoxhero2's comment:

Would anybody bring him back?He is older now.But a good pitcher still.If they traded Dempster and/or Peavy i think he could be a good guy to have.especially if they kept Peavy and moved Arroyo to the bullpen.i have always liked him.plus he would be cheaper than Tanaka.i like Tanaka if they were to trade Buchholtz.

Why ? Workman will be another stater........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

the short answer is no...The long version is  aside from the contract terms it would take to sign him. I think Arroyo also has a draft pick compensation attached to him. Which is one of the reasons he's still on the market. That and I'm not sure that he represents and upgrade over either Dempster or Peavy. if the Sox were to sign one of the current free agent pitchers, my choice would be Ervin Santana...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Arroyo has been a 200 inning guy every year for almost a decade...I'm pretty sure he will have options that don't involve him going to the bullpen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Arroyo has been a 200 inning guy every year for almost a decade...I'm pretty sure he will have options that don't involve him going to the bullpen.

Exactly......why on earth would he sign with the Sox to have a BP roll...??  I don't get why/how people even think of this stuff.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Reason that he is still availabe is that he is trying to find the best contract that he can find.  He got alot of offers, but refuse to sign a contract with anyone cuz he isnt happy with these offers.

Stay away from him cuz he is trying to find a long term contract!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

i thought the two things players wanted was a ring and money.why would they care where they pitched.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Too late now. Never should have traded him in the first place. Could have used his durable arm all these years. Oh well, live and learn.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The Sox are not signing Arroyo.  Or Rodney.  Or Tanaka. Or any other "big name for the sake of ssigning someone."

Stephen Drew is the most likely add, and I'm not sure he is all that likely. ..

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

no to BO and I'm down for trading Peavy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soph. Show Soph's posts

Why bring him back when you still have Dempster and Peavy?

Whh do fans always want to go back in time? Many here wanted Youk back couple of years ago. How did that work out for Yankees? Talk about stealing money....

It's time for couple of young guys to step up, or we will end up looking like the Yankees. Good grief.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I read an article in ESPN that said that Arroyo drives an eight-year-old BMW and has a flip phone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Interesting personality and an image for the ages with ARod doing the handbag slap at Arroyo's glove.  But no thanks re the team signing him.  Sox have plenty of veteran pitching and several young arms knocking at the door.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to HailToTheKing's comment:

Exactly......why on earth would he sign with the Sox to have a BP roll...??  I don't get why/how people even think of this stuff.....

TRUE, but you do respect other peoples opinions ??

I do......I just don't respect you....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

We already have a #1-7 SP. right?  We need a #8?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

especially one who will get a ryan dempster type contract (maybe a 3rd year too)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Bronson Arroyo. That would be fun. And I still have his CD! Yes, I bought it, and I liked it. lol

I still wish we would have kept him when we had him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

tanaka?would he be number 8?you buy and sell like stocks.if you get a good deal we could trade various pieces to get better.that is how i see it.remember rookies are rookies.unproven.so you can't count them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

tanaka?would he be number 8?you buy and sell like stocks.if you get a good deal we could trade various pieces to get better.that is how i see it.remember rookies are rookies.unproven.so you can't count them.

• Lester
    • Buchholz
    • Lackey
    • Peavy
    • Doubront
    • Arroyo
    • Dempster
    • Workman

You can only use 5 at a time, and we'd be up to 8.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I think part of the issue is the difficulty in accepting that the Sox might be done for the offseason.  And not just the fans, also the media

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Bronson hasnt signed yet because:  Tanaka chip hasn't fallen.  Once tanaka is done, we will see all the other SP's fall like dominos.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from one-for-the-road. Show one-for-the-road's posts

That being said Bucholz will be on the DL in 2 months and we will need Arroyo.

[/QUOTE]

NO, we wont, that´s what Dempster is for...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts