Bruins thread, and I don't care if it's on the Sox front burner.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Bruins thread, and I don't care if it's on the Sox front burner.

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Tuukka Rask

Enough said

You may glory in a team triumphant......
    But you fall in love with a team in defeat

Yup.

The Blackhawks hadn't been shutout all season.

28 saves by Tuukka and great defense by the entire team.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

Well that was a fun ride. And what can you say about Bergeron??? Playing with broken rib, torn cartilidge and a separated shoulder....unbelievable. Seguin and Chara both playing injured as well. That team did a lot to help the city heal. Thank you Boston Bruins! 

September and a FULL season of hockey is just around the corner! Enjoy the summer boys, you earned it!!

That was a heart breaker, but the Bruins played a great game, for the most part.

Two evenly matched teams go to game 6.

It was a fun series.

Bergeron and Shaw, with his stitched up face, are two tough mothers...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Well that was a fun ride. And what can you say about Bergeron??? Playing with broken rib, torn cartilidge and a separated shoulder....unbelievable. Seguin and Chara both playing injured as well. That team did a lot to help the city heal. Thank you Boston Bruins! 

September and a FULL season of hockey is just around the corner! Enjoy the summer boys, you earned it!!

That was a heart breaker, but the Bruins played a great game, for the most part.

It was a fun series.

I think the Blackhawks were just a little better than the Bruins. I honestly believed the B's could pull the series out until the second period last night when the momentum shifted and the Hawks started getting better scoring chances. It was a great season for the Bruins and it took the best regular season team to beat them. They showed grit and courage and tenacity. Kudos to this year's Bruins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

and Bergeron,  who played with a broken rib and seperated shoulder. It was a heartbreaker, but it's whats so great about sports. The Boston bombing victim and his rescuer waived the pre ceremony flags and watching the two teams shake hands after such a hard fought series, was heartwarming. Claude Julian said in his post game interview he wanted to win mostly for the City of Boston and Newtown Ct victims. Not much not to like, except the outcome; It was the thrill of victory and agony of defeat. Congrats to both teams, on a great season.

You may glory in a team triumphant......
    But you fall in love with a team in defeat

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

tough loss for the B's..was a great game tho...like the 04' ALCS(though not as sudden) an example of how it can get away from you...Edit...Bruins still had a brilliant season..as did the Blackhawks   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

It was a fun series.

I think the Blackhawks were just a little better than the Bruins. I honestly believed the B's could pull the series out until the second period last night when the momentum shifted and the Hawks started getting better scoring chances. It was a great season for the Bruins and it took the best regular season team to beat them. They showed grit and courage and tenacity. Kudos to this year's Bruins.

I agree.  Chicago looked like the  better team in the last 3 games that they won.  It was amazing that both teams were also recent Stanley Cup winners.  It was still a great season for the Bruins and I could see them playing for the Stanley Cup again in the next few years. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

If you're a hockey fan, it was an amazing finish. If you're a Bruins fan, however, it was freakin' brutal.

Hell of a ride, though. B's have nothing to be ashamed of.

Sections
Shortcuts