Bruins Win the Cup - Beckett tosses one hitter - Life is good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Bruins Win the Cup - Beckett tosses one hitter - Life is good

Kudo's to the Bruins. They figured out how to stop a lethal offense. First Cup since the days of the great Bobby Orr. They did what many thought they should have done last year.

Beckett is making a case to start the AS game with a masterpiece tonight.
    He missed a perfect game by one hit. Would have been his first no-no.
    And Tek's 5th.

Great night for Boston!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE3DKzJGoH8

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Re: Bruins Win the Cup - Beckett tosses one hitter - Life is good

Amen, old friend.

Somewhere, Ace Bailey is smiling. Life is good and worth living.

I just know it...

Rest easy, Ace.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Not a bad night, huh? Already ordered my championship t-shirt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Bruins Win the Cup - Beckett tosses one hitter - Life is good:
    [QUOTE]Kudo's to the Bruins . They figured out how to stop a lethal offense. First Cup since the days of the great Bobby Orr. They did what many thought they should have done last year. Beckett is making a case to start the AS game with a masterpiece tonight. He missed a perfect game by one hit. Would have been his first no-no. And Tek's 5th. Great night for Boston! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE3DKzJGoH8
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

CONGRATS BRUINS!!!!!!

CONGRATS JOSH!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Congratulations fellow posters who are Bruins fans.  Not much of a hockey fan myself, but I can appreciate moments like this.

http://youtu.be/Mmc18qbCow8

Hope your moment was almost as sweet. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Absolutely, I think so Sherriff R...there have been a lot of sinners out there on the canuck ice in this series.  We'll have to stay around and do some preaching for next season. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Nice sentiment Summer.

And a sweet youtube that never ages! I too lost interest in hockey. Was a huge fan during the Orr era and the subsequent 'lunch-brigade' teams of O'reilly and CO.
    The game and the PO format changed too much to keep my interest.
    But from what I understand, Vancouver was favored to beat Boston.

Beckett look so smooth tonight.
    Here's to the hopes for two championships this year!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Too bad the Yankees figured out what player has been holding them back and preventing them from scoring 12 runs per game...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Win the Cup - Beckett tosses one hitter - Life is good:
    [QUOTE]Too bad the Yankees figured out what player has been holding them back and preventing them from scoring 12 runs per game...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Notin!!!

You just prevented this from being a perfectly positive thread!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Congrats, Bruins! Total shutout, and no one was killed. lol  Would have been nice to have done it in Boston as it seemed the Canadian crowd was booing them during the presentations. I will say, though, it was classy that the Canucks seem to have been applauding them. It was funny the boos turned into cheers for Tim Thomas. For whatever reason, they feel differently about him.  His talk with Luongo(?) seemed genuine when he told him he was a great goalie (or something like that) even after what he said about him. That, too, was classy. That guy must be hurting tonight.

And go Josh! Didn't see the game, but how sad they got the one hit. It's just been great to see "old Beckett" returning to do what he does best. I was hoping it would turn out this way for him and the team. Some people think he's arrogant, I think he wears it well, and it works for him. Keep doing what you're doing, Josh!  Arrogance may just be a pitcher's best asset. 

Btw, lol, Notin. So true, and at least you had the guts to say it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Win the Cup - Beckett tosses one hitter - Life is good:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Win the Cup - Beckett tosses one hitter - Life is good : Notin!!! You just prevented this from being a perfect ly positive thread!
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

With a dig at Jeter?  C'mon harness! Read between the lines!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I am. UR inviting the 5-GG gloves whiner on here!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Win the Cup - Beckett tosses one hitter - Life is good : With a dig at Jeter?  C'mon harness! Read between the lines!!
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Notin,

I laughed my head off.  Then it took me about twenty minutes to catch up to it .... it rolled into a corner just past my grasping fingers.

I think Harness was goofing too.  

KIM,

Nice post.  Good to see ya!

This is so much fun taking my break and celebrating!

Viva Boston.  Bon Homme Bruins!  (A small pick at the Habs)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Kim, Josh missed a perfect game on a scratch hit in the 3rd inning.
    Youk gave it his best effort. Damn shame.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

I can easily see something like this rolled out by the Sox brass during the next homestand:

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Could our beloved teams spoil us any more? I mean my goodness: Pats- 3 Super Bowls, Red Sox-2 World Series, Celtics-Championship, Bruins- Stanley Cup. Only town in the history of sports to have a team from each of the 4 major sports win a championship in a decade. Unbelievable accomplishment and Boston fans should be proud!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelheadfisherman. Show steelheadfisherman's posts

[QUOTE]Congrats, Bruins! Total shutout, and no one was killed. lol  Would have been nice to have done it in Boston as it seemed the Canadian crowd was booing them during the presentations. I will say, though, it was classy that the Canucks seem to have been applauding them. It was funny the boos turned into cheers for Tim Thomas. For whatever reason, they feel differently about him.  His talk with Luongo(?) seemed genuine when he told him he was a great goalie (or something like that) even after what he said about him. That, too, was classy. That guy must be hurting tonight. And go Josh! Didn't see the game, but how sad they got the one hit. It's just been great to see "old Beckett" returning to do what he does best. I was hoping it would turn out this way for him and the team. Some people think he's arrogant, I think he wears it well, and it works for him. Keep doing what you're doing, Josh!  Arrogance may just be a pitcher's best asset.  Btw, lol, Notin. So true, and at least you had the guts to say it.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

They were booing Betman. Pretty great fans overall, though I'm very pleased that they are presently unhappy.
    Go Sox

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Could our beloved teams spoil us any more? I mean my goodness: Pats- 3 Super Bowls, Red Sox-2 World Series, Celtics-Championship, Bruins- Stanley Cup. Only town in the history of sports to have a team from each of the 4 major sports win a championship in a decade. Unbelievable accomplishment and Boston fans should be proud!
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware of that. The big apple must have worms...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Yaz--Great to see you, and at night!! You're a welcome addition! Good times. :)

Harness--I'm almost glad I didn't see the game, would have made me crazy! lol

OK, so now I get Notin's post was a joke, but it could've been true. Just sayin'. I love Jeter, and I believe when he and Mariano are (finally) off the team, the Yankees have big shoes to fill - mostly in the class department.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Life would be better if the Stanley Cup was not played in late June... its practically the all*star break for cripes.

Hockey's last play day should be May 1st.... MLB should be October 10.... blah blah blah... I hate being a no-it-all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

My image of ice hockey is a guy missing his front teeth, fighting like fake professional wrestling, and using his arm to push the puck in a goal that comes loose after he knocks the goalie into the posts.

It's no wonder that hockey's regular season has zero appeal to a national free television audience. And, it never will have.

Beckett continues to be good, and almost joined the others in no-no against one of the truly weakling offenses in the AL.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I watched both games and that's as good as Beckett has ever been. He goes 9 and his pitch count is around 90. As for the never-give-up Bruins, that victory was the result of tenacity and heart. What a night!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

"Hockey's regular season has zero appeal" because of the playoff format, which was vastly different in the Orr era.

The image you have of hockey was better exemplified in thatera. Today's game is more a Swedish style with all players wearing helmets. I can recall Gump not even wearing a protective mask.

It's always been a Canadian sport by tradition. But it's surely caught on in the U.S. more so than soccer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Gravy on the victory train: Taking the series from the Rays in Tampa. It's been a while. Never easy to beat Price at home. Nice job.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Here's to the hopes for two championships this year!                     

Your mouth to God's ears, my friend.

Sections
Shortcuts