Bruins Win the Cup - Beckett tosses one hitter - Life is good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Re: Bruins Win the Cup - Beckett tosses one hitter - Life is good

In Response to Re: Bruins Win the Cup - Beckett tosses one hitter - Life is good:
    [QUOTE]Congrats, Bruins! Total shutout, and no one was killed. lol  Would have been nice to have done it in Boston as it seemed the Canadian crowd was booing them during the presentations. I will say, though, it was classy that the Canucks seem to have been applauding them. It was funny the boos turned into cheers for Tim Thomas. For whatever reason, they feel differently about him.  His talk with Luongo(?) seemed genuine when he told him he was a great goalie (or something like that) even after what he said about him. That, too, was classy. That guy must be hurting tonight. And go Josh! Didn't see the game, but how sad they got the one hit. It's just been great to see "old Beckett" returning to do what he does best. I was hoping it would turn out this way for him and the team. Some people think he's arrogant, I think he wears it well, and it works for him. Keep doing what you're doing, Josh!  Arrogance may just be a pitcher's best asset.  Btw, lol, Notin. So true, and at least you had the guts to say it.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE] Kim the fans were booing Bettman and booed again when Marchand got his turn with the Cup.

The Canucks players were applauding their fans BTW, not the B's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Win the Cup - Beckett tosses one hitter - Life is good:
    [QUOTE]My image of ice hockey is a guy missing his front teeth, fighting like fake professional wrestling, and using his arm to push the puck in a goal that comes loose after he knocks the goalie into the posts. It's no wonder that hockey's regular season has zero appeal to a national free television audience. And, it never will have. Beckett continues to be good, and almost joined the others in no-no against one of the truly weakling offenses in the AL.  
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]
    and  3+hour baseball games are a crashing bore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Win the Cup - Beckett tosses one hitter - Life is good : and  3+hour baseball games are a crashing bore.
    Posted by jerrynewyork[/QUOTE]

...only if you're losing, my friend!   :o)