bryce harper = big papi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Re: bryce harper = big papi

Papi can flip his bat all he wants, in fact, I hope he crushes one tonight, walks into the Yankees dugout, and gives Girard-flea a big kiss on the head.  

Solution is simple:  Don't give Papi a cookie to hit after trying to nail him in the legs.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : It's not a reach at all. He was trying to show the kid up, plain and simple. He made no mention of the inside pitch in his post game comments, just said that his bat flip was "papi style". The only one who seems to think anything of the inside pitch is you.
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]
     Papi-style:  when a pitcher comes in on him like Noesi did, and Papi crushes one on the next pitch, Papi gives it a little extra mustard.  

Might not be old-school code, but hardly anything serious.

In any case, you should be psyched that it might give your boys a much-needed extra shot of motivation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Babe, if you read the piece you would also have thead that papi was kidding around with his answers. IMHO much ado about nothing reallly. If I'm reading between the lines here Babe then I'm really seeing that you are not at all happy that we've taken your boys 7 out of 8 games so far this year. I think I'd be just as frustrated if the shoe was on the other foot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]Babe, if you read the piece you would also have thead that papi was kidding around with his answers. IMHO much ado about nothing reallly. If I'm reading between the lines here Babe then I'm really seeing that you are not at all happy that we've taken your boys 7 out of 8 games so far this year. I think I'd be just as frustrated if the shoe was on the other foot.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Mornin Hammah, I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself. Hopefully tomorrow it will be 7 out of 8 and Babe will have something else to complain about, like Papi rubbing his butt in A-Rods face, after knocking one out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]Babe, if you read the piece you would also have thead that papi was kidding around with his answers. IMHO much ado about nothing reallly. If I'm reading between the lines here Babe then I'm really seeing that you are not at all happy that we've taken your boys 7 out of 8 games so far this year. I think I'd be just as frustrated if the shoe was on the other foot.

Babe's got nothing today, so he's got to make a big deal about anything he can.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

Sure I'm not happy about losing. Show me someone who is and I'll show you a loser. But I'm also smart enough to realize that 7 out of 8 does not make a season. Remember, in '09 you guys took the first 8 and it ended up working out pretty well for us in the end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]It's not like he slapped the ball out of the pitchers glove.  Or shouted 'I got it!' at an infielder on a pop fly.  Or stepped on the pitching rubber while returning to the dugout after making an out.  

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

We all know that Arod is an a hole. But that doesn't excuse big sloppy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5895f12c26dabc36bb0cb9a667b164bf&plckUserId=5895f12c26dabc36bb0cb9a667b164bf">
    First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 6/8/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a1bab442a-198b-4054-b14c-fb515f596c92&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:1bab442a-198b-4054-b14c-fb515f596c92Post:5e03f38e-95dc-4607-84a2-aff15fa5a3cc">Re: bryce harper = big papi:
    Babe, if you read the piece you would also have thead that papi was kidding around with his answers. IMHO much ado about nothing reallly. If I'm reading between the lines here Babe then I'm really seeing that you are not at all happy that we've taken your boys 7 out of 8 games so far this year. I think I'd be just as frustrated if the shoe was on the other foot.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

Mornin Hammah, I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself. Hopefully tomorrow it will be 7 out of 8 and Babe will have something else to complain about, like Papi rubbing his butt in A-Rods face, after knocking one out.

Ha! you got me Mike. I was just seeing if Babe would have picked up on that and said something. Man, I knew that it was gonna be a short nite for freddie last night but never thought that Joe would have pulled him in the 2nd inning. Nothing like having the lead off hitter go yard on ya to take the wind outta your sails quickly.

tonight is timmy's kind of weather mike. nice n hot with a 10mph wind. maybe he can get 5 or 6 quality innings in and leave with a lead.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi :  Papi's excuse is that the pitch before, intentional or not, was right to Papi's knees.  No doubt he was pizzed because he saw this as Tex payback.  So, a little extra mustard on the dinger.  No big deal.  You are reaching.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

agreed space. after the game Heidi Whatney interviewed ortiz. first question was about the bat flip. said it was "a reaction" , i took it as you did. watching papi for several years, it's not a typical reaction by him. he has never been one to show up a pitcher, stand and admire his work or take a slow trip around the bases. i can understand NYY taking exception to it, but they also need to understand where it came from. BTW space,how did you end up watching the game?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Italian Soccer Player = Mark Teixeira  

And no Yankee fans, Lester isn't getting yellow card.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]Italian Soccer Player = Mark Teixeira   And no Yankee fans, Lester isn't getting yellow card.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

dude, not to be disagreeable but have you ever taken one off the side of your knee???? not to mention that it was about 94 mph.......that was no Italian soccer player flopping on a non contact hit.........

and I can assure you that was not intentional of lester to try and hit teixera.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : dude, not to be disagreeable but have you ever taken one off the side of your knee???? not to mention that it was about 94 mph.......that was no Italian soccer player flopping on a non contact hit......... and I can assure you that was not intentional of lester to try and hit teixera.

Not at 94, but I know Tex was really hurting.  I was just trying to make an equally ridiculous comparison, to that of..... Papi's bat toss = Harper blowing a kiss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : dude, not to be disagreeable but have you ever taken one off the side of your knee???? not to mention that it was about 94 mph.......that was no Italian soccer player flopping on a non contact hit......... and I can assure you that was not intentional of lester to try and hit teixera.

Yup, that was no flop. That must have hurt like a mother...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

I'm amused that one who would evangelize using the word "class" has been tossed from this forum more times than Nolan Ryan has pitched no-hitters for offensiveness, and has never learned to express herself without name-calling.  (a few from todays:  punk,nizwit, big sloppy, a hole, you meatball)  Add these to the past (my feeble memory comes up with "dumb broad"  and moron, but there are many many more)  Totally laughable to listen to pontifications on class from this.   Papi  has more class in his left earlobe than that bird has in  totality.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

I know, Big Papi thinks he Big Harper...

Papi is back, like the Swagger, but he needs to be careful...he is messing with the "Golden Rule" of not showing up the pitcher...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: bryce harper = big

papi

posted at 6/8/2011 11:23 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=da3b458ac8fc037aa2ffff6981fd0921&plckUserId=da3b458ac8fc037aa2ffff6981fd0921">
    First: 6/6/2008
    Last: 6/8/2011
    Papi flipped the bat because Noesi threw at Papi's knees the pitch before.  I'm sure, in the moment, Papi saw that as a payback for Tex.  Was it out of bounds?  Perhaps.  But the flip was in response to that, and far from blowing a kiss to the pitcher.

I was just about to post the same thing when I saw this...

You nailed it Space!  That was my take on the whole thing.  The pitch before the HR was clearly going for his knees!  That is exactly why Papi gave the bat such a dramatic flip...

If that had not happened, I would say that Babe had a point.

Given the situation.....  That was a great HR by Papi!!!!  & the flip was warranted :)   :)

I actually backed the TIVO up & showed the first pitch to my wife at the time..
    She agreed with my assessment of the situation.  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

"The Babe" either has very little experience watching and playing this game, or he's just another troll wannabe who's lost his form.

Idiotic comment by a poster who has yet to realize that it's not Papi's bat flip that's killing his team.

"Babe":  Get over it.  Just do what most NYY trolls do:  Switch your allegiance to the Mets when the going gets tough.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s..

Their pitcher was somewhat understandably going for the retaliatory plunkings of Tex. &  ? (the other Yankee who got it near the knee?) by Lester.  I don't think Lester was trying to do either, but it's baseball to retaliate.  NO PROBLEM!
    BUT.... Papi had to make him pay the price for trying.  He was sitting on fastball inside :)  :)  GREAT BASEBALL BY Papi!

You gotta love baseball!!!!  :)  :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Look.....  I don't know --The--Babe--, but I don't blame the guy for viewing it the way he does.  If it happened to the Red Sox, a HR by A-Rod & then a bat flip..... I would be inclined to bash on A-Rod.  On this one, WE WIN!  Papi makes the perfect swing on the post kneecapping attempt, & understandably flips the bat in dramatic "take that" fashion!  It was classic!

Having said that..... The Yankees will live to see another day, & make us pay in some dramatic fashion.  Even if it's a classy guy like Jeter, we'll hate his guts for that night & the next day.  We will not look at it objectively!

Without the ups & downs, this SPORTS GREATEST RIVALRY would not be what both sides love SO MUCH!!!!!  THIS is the best that sports & baseball has to offer!!!!!!!!!!!!   :)   :)   :)    :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Let's enjoy this UP!   :)   :)   :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]It's not like he slapped the ball out of the pitchers glove.  Or shouted 'I got it!' at an infielder on a pop fly.  Or stepped on the pitching rubber while returning to the dugout after making an out.  
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]
    Yeah. We all know how history repeats it's self. Like '03 and '04.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

If the media doesn't ask Giardi about it, I doubt he comments.

OTOH David is one of those guys that "cadillac's" around the bases when he really gets a hold of one. Pitchers don't like it but then again hitters don't like the fist pumps after a big out to end an inning or a game.

It's NYY v. RS so of course it is a topic of conversation and if your Giardi it beat the heck out of answering questions about Garcia's start.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

[QUOTE]Look.....  I don't know --The--Babe--, but I don't blame the guy for viewing it the way he does.  If it happened to the Red Sox, a HR by A-Rod & then a bat flip..... I would be inclined to bash on A-Rod.  On this one, WE WIN!  Papi makes the perfect swing on the post kneecapping attempt, & understandably flips the bat in dramatic "take that" fashion!  It was classic! Having said that..... The Yankees will live to see another day, & make us pay in some dramatic fashion.  Even if it's a classy guy like Jeter, we'll hate his guts for that night & the next day.  We will not look at it objectively! Without the ups & downs, this SPORTS GREATEST RIVALRY would not be what both sides love SO MUCH!!!!!  THIS is the best that sports & baseball has to offer!!!!!!!!!!!!   :)   :)   :)    :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

Extremely well put, dog.  Yup.  We'll pay, and they'll pay, and we'll pay and they'll pay, and .........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : babe is just frustrated because: A) The Yankees lost B) The Yankees don't have the stones to to retaliate after the Tex plunking, oh, excuse me,.. "beaning".
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]
    Perfect. Exactly. So if you are so upset....then try and bean him tonight and see what happens. Bring it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Perfect. Exactly. So if you are so upset....then try and bean him tonight and see what happens. Bring it.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]
    ======================================================
      Ahhhh,you might want to check with Papi before you go around offering HIS melon up for a beaning,,,LOL,
          Just saying