bryce harper = big papi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Re: bryce harper = big papi

I

n Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : ======================================================   Ahhhh,you might want to check with Papi before you go around offering HIS melon up for a beaning,,,LOL,       Just saying
    Posted by djbosox2004[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  We're brave sitting here, aren't we?  I was a decent ballplayer until I got beaned;  was frightened for the rest of the time I played.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi:
    [QUOTE]Look.....  I don't know --The--Babe--, but I don't blame the guy for viewing it the way he does.  If it happened to the Red Sox, a HR by A-Rod & then a bat flip..... I would be inclined to bash on A-Rod.  On this one, WE WIN!  Papi makes the perfect swing on the post kneecapping attempt, & understandably flips the bat in dramatic "take that" fashion!  It was classic! Having said that..... The Yankees will live to see another day, & make us pay in some dramatic fashion.  Even if it's a classy guy like Jeter, we'll hate his guts for that night & the next day.  We will not look at it objectively! Without the ups & downs, this SPORTS GREATEST RIVALRY would not be what both sides love SO MUCH!!!!!  THIS is the best that sports & baseball has to offer!!!!!!!!!!!!   :)   :)   :)    :)

Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

27-7 is not much of a rivalry.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : 27-7 is not much of a rivalry.
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]

ah the old 27 fall back.  Marginally effective gotcha;  extremely tired retread.  Welcome to the 21st century homey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : 27-7 is not much of a rivalry.

Neither is losing 6 of 7

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : ah the old 27 fall back.  Marginally effective gotcha;  extremely tired retread.  Welcome to the 21st century homey.

Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

The truth hurts I see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]But it seems to be compelling enough to keep you coming back no matter how many times the BDC suspends your posting rights to tweak RS fans.

And the difference in WS titles doesn't mean much. Laker fans consider the C's rivals though they still trail in total titles in head-to-head by a wide margin.

The rivalry has been quite alive for awhile now. In the last 10 years the teams have virtually identical records in head-to-head and runs scored against each other.

And in places in their hearts a lot of bitter NYY fans don't want to talk about it burnt their chops that the RS shed the choke label in 2004 and hung the all time choke on the NYY, if you believe in things like choking, rather than just tipping the hat to other side.

Of course tipping the cap is not easily done in what you suggest is a non-rivalry and never done by The Babe's and the Beni's. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : The truth hurts I see.
     not at all.  it stopped hurting 6 years and 5 months ago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Wow, that is your position, 27-7?  That is just about as lame as it gets.  But you already know that.  So if the Sox won 6 titles in a row, it would be 27-13 and you could still use that as a reason there is no rivalry.  Ridiculous!  My mom is 82 and lived through alot of what you are talking about.  believe me, she is not wringing her hands over 27-7.  She is loving the fact that the Sox won in 2004 and backed it up in 2007.  The Yanks win in 2009 didn't even bother her.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I think flipping the bat is OK in certain situations.  Hitting a dinger after the pitcher came close to hitting batter is one.  Hitting a walk-off HR is another.

The worst time to flip the bat after a HR is when his team is behind or ahead.  Flipping the bat when you are way behind is stupid.  Flipping the bat, or doing anything dramatic, when you are way ahead is low class.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

If it hurt the Babe enough to make a post about it, I hope Papi does it again tonight, but this time throwing the bat into the Yankees dugout and laughing his asz off running around the bases. Maybe calling ARod a punk as he runs by or poke Jeter in the eye, then yell "How you like them apples?" into the crowd. Just knowing this turkey is eating all those words from earlier this season is all good with me. Nice job Babe, get it all in while the Yanks are still within 10 games. We know why you come here, you know why you come here, and I for one am loving every minute of it right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

What Girardi said...

"I didn't really care for it," New York's manager said. "I don't know if he was upset that he missed some pitches earlier. I've got a young kid [in Hector Noesi] on the mound. I didn't know if he was upset that he came in hard on him. Of course, when it happens to you, you're going to defend your guy. If it's our guy, I'm going to say there was nothing intentional about it."

"David has always played the game hard," Girardi said. "I've never had a problem with David Ortiz. This guy has been a clutch player for a long time. My reaction is probably more to protect our young kid. That's what I'm going to do."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Of course he never had a problem with David Ortiz. If he did he woudve been pounded into a ham sandwich.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Never said they did the same thing. They both did different things that both showed they have little to no class. At least bryce can play the immaturity card, what's big sloppy's excuse?

Does the fact that you have no class make you an expect on the subject? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

It's a good think that it happened since it gave Babe the podium to talk smack and get into our faces. It is good for the forum to have threads like this. Will it get 200 posts? Let's go for it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Then why are you here, Babe?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : But it seems to be compelling enough to keep you coming back no matter how many times the BDC suspends your posting rights to tweak RS fans. And the difference in WS titles doesn't mean much. Laker fans consider the C's rivals though they still trail in total titles in head-to-head by a wide margin. The rivalry has been quite alive for awhile now. In the last 10 years the teams have virtually identical records in head-to-head and runs scored against each other. And in places in their hearts a lot of bitter NYY fans don't want to talk about it burnt their chops that the RS shed the choke label in 2004 and hung the all time choke on the NYY, if you believe in things like choking, rather than just tipping the hat to other side. Of course tipping the cap is not easily done in what you suggest is a non-rivalry and never done by The Babe's and the Beni's. 

Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Laker fans consider the C's rivals though they still trail in total titles in head-to-head by a wide margin.

Ummm...last I checked the celtics have 17 and the lakers 16, didn't realize that 1 was a "wide margin".

As far as the Yanks / red flops, not really much of a rivalry. Before the purchase of Ruth, the Yankees really weren't relevant in NYC, the giants were the big team in town and NYC was a city that followed the NL to a greater degree. The sawx were winning and the Yanks weren't, no rivalry there.

After the purchase of Ruth, the Yanks went on a 4 decade run of dominance, the sawx not even contenders for many of those years. No rivalry to speak of.

During the 1960's we saw the end of the Yanks dominance followed by their darkest period, the "Horace Clarke" era. The red flops had some good seasons and made a WS. Not much of a rivalry.

During the mid to late 1970's, the teams did some ferocious battles, but so did the Yanks and the royals. Maybe a little bit of a rivalry for a few seasons.

Again in the 1980's the Yanks had great regular season numbers, but no titles and the sawx made the WS once. At the end of the 80's the Yanks weren't very good and the sawx were getting crushed by oakland in the playoffs. No rivalry to speak of.

The 1990's, after a slow start to the decade, the Yanks completely dominated the last half of the decade, the sawx, not so much. No rivalry detected.

In 03 and 04 there was alot of bad blood and the teams had some epic battles, definitely a rivalry at that time. Since then they haven't met in the playoffs with the Yanks missing the playoffs once while the sawx missed a few times. Not much of a rivalry except for the media trying to hype it like it's 03 & 04 all over again, but we all know it's not.

So when you really look at it, there have been two brief periods when it actually was a rivalry, the rest of the time, not so much.

As far as the reason that I come here, it's not for this pretend rivalry that you guys claim, it's because I like the banter with the red flops nation.

If you want a baseball rivalry I suggest reading about the Brooklyn Dodgers vs the NY Giants, now that was a rivalry!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

"As far as the reason that I come here, it's not for this pretend rivalry that you guys claim, it's because I like the banter with the red flops nation"

According to my dictionary, banter is good natured, witty joking.  Calling folks dumb broads, punks, morons, nizwits , and getting tossed innumerable times for disrespective comments, is a far cry from "banter"  Could it be something else that motivates you??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

hey baby,

did mariano get the save last night?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]so that's the best you can do after a night when your team lost eh babe? call out papi cause he flipped his bat? If that makes papi a punk then I guess that he must pale in comparison to A-fraud as far as being a punk is concerned.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

No, babe can also whip the ol' "we won more rings than you" after his team gets their butts kicked for the second night in a row.

Tonight will be different, because Beckett typically gets hit by the Yankees, right Babe?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : No, babe can also whip the ol' "we won more rings than you" after his team gets their butts kicked for the second night in a row. Tonight will be different, because Beckett typically gets hit by the Yankees, right Babe?

Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

Not so far this year but typically, yes, the Yanks have hit beckett rather well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Then why are you here, Babe?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Exactly.

Posted by emp9[/QUOTE]

I answered that already.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

I didn't realize that BDC bans posters numerous times for engaging in "banter".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : I answered that already.
    I believe he was hoping for an answer with some logic.

Come on, Babe. No one is disputing that the Yankees have a more prosperous history than the Red Sox (or any team, for that matter). But for the last decade, it's been pretty much dead even. (Check that, we have two world championships to your one).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Ummm...last I checked the celtics have 17 and the lakers 16, didn't realize that 1 was a "wide margin".-The Babe

9-3 in head-to-head championship match-ups, NINE to three. The game record in championship play is 43-31.

Also it was a couple, not a few times silly. And as I say the teams are in almost a dead heat in wins and runs scored after 10 years of play.

But it is not a rivalry according to you, you should tell the rest of the world about that, it seems even casual fans know both sides get up for each other.

But this year, so far you are right. 1-7 against the RS isn't very good.