bryce harper = big papi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: bryce harper = big papi

I have only one thing to say about the 27-7 that irks me. That is that the majority of all those championships all happened when TV was still black and white. afterall, we are in a new century right. so hats off to the MFY's for all thier championships during a time when gas was .25 cents a gallon and a coke was a nickel.

time marches on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi:
    [QUOTE]I have only one thing to say about the 27-7 that irks me. That is that the majority of all those championships all happened when TV was still black and white. afterall, we are in a new century right. so hats off to the MFY's for all thier championships during a time when gas was .25 cents a gallon and a coke was a nickel. time marches on.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

And they used teams like the Royals as their minor league clubs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]I have only one thing to say about the 27-7 that irks me. That is that the majority of all those championships all happened when TV was still black and white. afterall, we are in a new century right. so hats off to the MFY's for all thier championships during a time when gas was .25 cents a gallon and a coke was a nickel. time marches on.

Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Ummm... they have won 7 in my lifetime which is the same amount the red flops have in their whole miserable existence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

There we go always living in the past, playing your history card.  

It's like the old washed up loser that has nothing better to hang onto in life but his Old days of glory back on the football high-school team.

Ok I'll admit legacy is nice thing to have, but realistically it means nothing to what's going on today.  Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle can't win you championships anymore. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Ummm... they have won 7 in my lifetime which is the same amount the red flops have in their whole miserable existence.
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]

Wasn't too miserable the last couple of nights. LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Ummm... they have won 7 in my lifetime which is the same amount the red flops have in their whole miserable existence.

Don't you mean "bought"?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

So true Babe.  The awesome thing is, in this era of Sox mega-spending, the more your hammer home the crushing dominance of the mighty Yankee organization, the better I feel.  I love the Sox because they are the Rebel Alliance to the Yankee's Empire.  I was worried that that was changing, but thanks for making me feel better.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=bcbd798139ec90d3ff8cb21bf11aca82&plckUserId=bcbd798139ec90d3ff8cb21bf11aca82">
    First: 6/3/2011
    Last: 6/9/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a1bab442a-198b-4054-b14c-fb515f596c92&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:1bab442a-198b-4054-b14c-fb515f596c92Post:69200bdd-8d16-4948-84c2-936e3e073872">Re: bryce harper = big papi:
    I have only one thing to say about the 27-7 that irks me. That is that the majority of all those championships all happened when TV was still black and white. afterall, we are in a new century right. so hats off to the MFY's for all thier championships during a time when gas was .25 cents a gallon and a coke was a nickel. time marches on.

Posted by Hammah29r2

Ummm... they have won 7 in my lifetime which is the same amount the red flops have in their whole miserable existence.

see? there you go again Babe. using insults to cover up your obvious frustration over the fact that your team is in a major funk right now.

let me ask you this babe. just how much fun or interesting your yankees would be if it wasn't for the red sox and their "miserable" existence eh?

you know deep down in your sole that you love us and would be bored outta yer skull if it wasn't for our rivalry. and it is very much a rivalry babe. 27-7 or not.

and don't misunderstand me babe. I'm not taking the yankees for granted. this is a long season and it's just now starting to really heat up. so drop the insults and let's talk some baseball. what do you say?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Interesting.  Mind bantering with us a bit re. how much you remember and enjoyed those 77/78 championships?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Watching Papi crush Burnett's meatball in the 1st inning was pure joy.  That shut Girard-flea's mouth.  Pretty obvious, Yankee pitching is not as good as advertised.   Burnett is a turkey, and IMO the worst contract in baseball.  16 milion and he can't beat the Red Sox.  Ouch.  What a babbling, sweaty mess he is on the mound, like an escaped mental patient who doesn't know where he is.  Love that smile he puts on after the other team clubs him.    

16+mil a year, never beat the Sox one time as a Yank.   Huge loss for the Yanks last night, you Yank fans all know it.  Thank you, AJ, for being you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Watching Papi crush Burnett's meatball in the 1st inning was pure joy.  That shut Girard-flea's mouth.  Pretty obvious, Yankee pitching is not as good as advertised.   Burnett is a turkey, and IMO the worst contract in baseball.  16 milion and he can't beat the Red Sox.  Ouch.  What a babbling, sweaty mess he is on the mound, like an escaped mental patient who doesn't know where he is.  Love that smile he puts on after the other team clubs him.     16+mil a year, never beat the Sox one time as a Yank.   Huge loss for the Yanks last night, you Yank fans all know it.  Thank you, AJ, for being you.
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

The worst aspect of Burnetts contract is that it set the ridiculous market for Lackey's contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

[QUOTE]Watching Papi crush Burnett's meatball in the 1st inning was pure joy.  That shut Girard-flea's mouth.  Pretty obvious, Yankee pitching is not as good as advertised.   Burnett is a turkey, and IMO the worst contract in baseball.  16 milion and he can't beat the Red Sox.  Ouch.  What a babbling, sweaty mess he is on the mound, like an escaped mental patient who doesn't know where he is.  Love that smile he puts on after the other team clubs him.     16+mil a year, never beat the Sox one time as a Yank.   Huge loss for the Yanks last night, you Yank fans all know it.  Thank you, AJ, for being you.

I thought a meatball was a person.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Interesting.  Mind bantering with us a bit re. how much you remember and enjoyed those 77/78 championships?

Posted by piersall[/QUOTE]

Oh I remeber those championships very vividly because, unlike you, I was a fan of baseball before 2004. The Chambliss HR versus the royals to put us in the WS. We had gotten beat pretty well by the Big Red Machine, really crushed Billy Martin. Then we won two consecutive WS, the Reggie hr's, watching yaz watch the Dent hr go over the monstah, Billy and Reggie almost going to blows in fenway....yup, I remember it well. It was an exciting time for me as I was young and those are my first memories of baseball. Plus we had the major blackout and the Son of Sam. And can't forget Guidry's crazy season, one of the best seasons by a pitcher ever. The Bronx Zoo was a very fun time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Don't you mean "bought"?

I must have missed the part where the red flops players play for free.

Did you not enjoy the '07 WS because the red flops had a payroll almost double that of the rockies?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : I thought a meatball was a person.

Posted by piersall[/QUOTE]

In your family, yes they are.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi :  .... Did you not enjoy the '07 WS because the red flops had a payroll almost double that of the rockies?

And for 46 million more bucks, the Yankees got to sit home and watch the Sox sweep the Rockies.  Good deal.   I think they should show the '07 series on YES.   Class up the programming a bit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : And for 46 million more bucks, the Yankees got to sit home and watch the Sox sweep the Rockies.  Good deal.   I think they should show the '07 series on YES.   Class up the programming a bit.

Nice way to avoid the question.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Nice way to avoid the question.

You're one talk...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Ohh, sorry Babe ... yes, I did enjoy watching the Sox beat the Rockies. Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

hey Babe-

how's that grapefruit diet workin' out for ya?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Oh I remeber those championships very vividly because, unlike you, I was a fan of baseball before 2004. The Chambliss HR versus the royals to put us in the WS. We had gotten beat pretty well by the Big Red Machine, really crushed Billy Martin. Then we won two consecutive WS, the Reggie hr's, watching yaz watch the Dent hr go over the monstah, Billy and Reggie almost going to blows in fenway....yup, I remember it well. It was an exciting time for me as I was young and those are my first memories of baseball. Plus we had the major blackout and the Son of Sam. And can't forget Guidry's crazy season, one of the best seasons by a pitcher ever. The Bronx Zoo was a very fun time.

Cool.  I was just attempting to zero in on your approximate age.  For someone who's fortyish, you seem quite immature.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Nice way to avoid the question.

Really?

You either have so many people calling you out and asking you questions that you legitimately don't have enough time to answer them all, or you are the king of avoiding questions.

Judging by the posts you accumulate on average and the countless names you have had I'll judge that the later of the two is more likely. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]Ohh, sorry Babe ... yes, I did enjoy watching the Sox beat the Rockies.

So basically you are saying that the money advantage should only cloud Yankee victories but not the ones of the sawx. Got it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Babe it is a long season but right now you should take a clue from Pedro Martinez and just call the Red Sox your daddy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]Babe it is a long season but right now you should take a clue from Pedro Martinez and just call the Red Sox your daddy.

Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Not a chance. Yep, they are playing better ball than my Yanks right now but that's why you play 162 games. Last I checked nobody has ever won the pennant for being in first place on june 9th.