bryce harper = big papi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: bryce harper = big papi

In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Ummm... they have won 7 in my lifetime which is the same amount the red flops have in their whole miserable existence.
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]
    That's fine, Babe. No one is contesting that the New York Yankees have a more storied history than any team in professional sports. That's indisputable.

But it's also not the point. This is 2011. You wouldn't say UCLA has a superior basketball program to Duke because the Bruins won all those titles in the 60s and 70s under John Wooden.

In the 10 years, the Sox have won twice as many world championships as the Yankees. Does that erase the overall advantage you guys have? Of course not. But it shows that for the past decade, it's been a different story.

You obviously realize that. If you didn't, if you really thought so little of the Red Sox, you wouldn't be here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : That's fine, Babe. No one is contesting that the New York Yankees have a more storied history than any team in professional sports. That's indisputable. But it's also not the point. This is 2011. You wouldn't say UCLA has a superior basketball program to Duke because the Bruins won all those titles in the 60s and 70s under John Wooden. In the 10 years, the Sox have won twice as many world championships as the Yankees. Does that erase the overall advantage you guys have? Of course not. But it shows that for the past decade, it's been a different story. You obviously realize that. If you didn't, if you really thought so little of the Red Sox, you wouldn't be here.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

A measured, thoughtful post.  Something that Babe couldn't pull off if his life depended on it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : That's fine, Babe. No one is contesting that the New York Yankees have a more storied history than any team in professional sports. That's indisputable. But it's also not the point. This is 2011. You wouldn't say UCLA has a superior basketball program to Duke because the Bruins won all those titles in the 60s and 70s under John Wooden. In the 10 years, the Sox have won twice as many world championships as the Yankees. Does that erase the overall advantage you guys have? Of course not. But it shows that for the past decade, it's been a different story. You obviously realize that. If you didn't, if you really thought so little of the Red Sox, you wouldn't be here.

No lloyd, the reason I'm here is actually quite the opposite. It's because of the imaginary rivalry that is envisioned by the rfn that I'm here. If there actually was a rivalry then I probably wouldn't be here. I find it fun to mess with the rfn and their clouded views.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : No lloyd, the reason I'm here is actually quite the opposite. It's because of the imaginary rivalry that is envisioned by the rfn that I'm here. If there actually was a rivalry then I probably wouldn't be here. I find it fun to mess with the rfn and their clouded views.
    Right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : A measured, thoughtful post.  Something that Babe couldn't pull off if his life depended on it.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

And, on cue, your proof arrives, Jim.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

Babe-
    When you finally emerge from your mother's basement, please tell her RSN would like to borrow her broom/s.  You can buy her a new one next week after you get your allowance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]Babe- When you finally emerge from your mother's basement, please tell her RSN would like to borrow her broom/s.  You can buy her a new one next week after you get your allowance.

Posted by aquachuck[/QUOTE]

Very good, aquaupchuck. But maybe you need a clue, I live in SoFL and there are no basements.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Right.

Believe what you like, lloyd.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

A silly OP and thread.  Who in the heck is Bryce Harper? 

I have no problem with Girardi reacting to the thrown bat.  In fact, I love him for it because it probably lead to the 3 run dinger the next night. 

Tonight's another game in what has been, for at least 10 years, a great series.  

If I were a Yankees fan, I'd probably be mad about the bat. 

But as a Red Sox fan I can say I will never forgive Joba Chamberlain for twice throwing at Youk's head.  Now that guy is a real punk and not like other Yankees (Jeter, Sabathia, Teixeira, Posada, Rivera, etc).     

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]A silly OP and thread.  Who in the heck is Bryce Harper?  I have no problem with Girardi reacting to the thrown bat.  In fact, I love him for it because it probably lead to the 3 run dinger the next night.  Tonight's another game in what has been, for at least 10 years, a great series.   If I were a Yankees fan, I'd probably be mad about the bat.  But as a Red Sox fan I can say I will never forgive Joba Chamberlain for twice throwing at Youk's head.  Now that guy is a real punk and not like other Yankees (Jeter, Sabathia, Teixeira, Posada, Rivera, etc).     

Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

But it's ok that the sawx have hit Yankee batters by about a 2:1 ratio since 1996?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]Babe- When you finally emerge from your mother's basement, please tell her RSN would like to borrow her broom/s.  You can buy her a new one next week after you get your allowance.
    Posted by aquachuck[/QUOTE]

Nope. He lives over mom's garage. Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Nope. He lives over mom's garage.

Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

Maybe you guys need to think just a little before you post. Ever stop to think that maybe one's mother is no longer with them?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : But it's ok that the sawx have hit Yankee batters by about a 2:1 ratio since 1996?

Yankees tried to hit Youk a ton of times, in the head, but missed ... Jawbutt Chamberlain being the biggest culprit. 

What are the stats for throwing at guys and missing?  Bet this Yankee staff leads that ...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Maybe you guys need to think just a little before you post. Ever stop to think that maybe one's mother is no longer with them?

Agreed, been without both parents for a long, long time.  No fun to hear comments about either in this context. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Agreed, been without both parents for a long, long time.  No fun to hear comments about either in this context. 

Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that.

I'm sure nizwit isn't bright enough to think about things like that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Maybe you guys need to think just a little before you post. Ever stop to think that maybe one's mother is no longer with them?

We're going to play the victim now?
    What a joke.

I've never been PC and I don't intend on starting now. If it's too much for your tender sensibilities, put me on ignore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : We're going to play the victim now? What a joke. I've never been PC and I don't intend on starting now. If it's too much for your tender sensibilities, put me on ignore.

Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

LOL...and yet you call other people classless.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : But it's ok that the sawx have hit Yankee batters by about a 2:1 ratio since 1996?

Get your hands out of the strike zone, Jete.  Maybe if the Yanks would pitch inside, which they should do, the ratio might be closer.  As it is, once again, no intent from Lester.  But if you think there was, take your revenge on the field.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : LOL...and yet you call other people classless.

You 'll just have to get over it, Skippy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Get your hands out of the strike zone, Jete.  Maybe if the Yanks would pitch inside, which they should do, the ratio might be closer.  As it is, once again, no intent from Lester.  But if you think there was, take your revenge on the field.

Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

It has a lot more to do then just Jeter. Even a member of the red flops nation being blinded by his sawx colored glasses like yourself should be able to see that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : It has a lot more to do then just Jeter. Even a member of the red flops nation being blinded by his sawx colored glasses like yourself should be able to see that.

Yup, it has to do with the Yankees being too spineless to standup for their players.

Finally, we agree on something.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

I

n Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Sorry to hear that. I'm sure nizwit isn't bright enough to think about things like that.

OK,OK,  I lost mine when I was but 20 and in college, but if someone on this forum  jabbed me with a "your mothers basement" jab  (which probably has happened)  I would accept it as "banter", and wouldn't pull the weepy stuff.
      You're fine niz, and no reflection on your "brightness". (someone elses seems to be suffering somewhat lately)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]I n Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : OK,OK,  I lost mine when I was but 20 and in college, but if someone on this forum  jabbed me with a "your mothers basement" jab  (which probably has happened)  I would accept it as "banter", and wouldn't pull the weepy stuff.   You're fine niz, and no reflection on your "brightness". (someone elses seems to be suffering somewhat lately)
    Posted by piersall[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, Piersall.
    It's nice know someone can take a joke for what it is; a joke.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Thanks, Piersall. It's nice know someone can take a joke for what it is; a joke.

Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

Classic, one fool telling the other fool that he's ok. Too funny.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bryce harper = big papi : Classic, one fool telling the other fool that he's ok. Too funny.

Ummm    add one to the list:

punk
    nizwit
    big sloppy
    a hole
    you meatball
    dumb broad
    moron
    fool

there were  many others, and will be more to come I trust.