Bryce Harper makes punk move after HR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Bryce Harper makes punk move after HR

I'm inserting the link so you can watch the video.From Yahoo.com:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Video-Bryce-Harper-hits-home-run-blows-kiss-to?urn=mlb-wp8753

Despite gaudy statistics and a powerful batting stroke that looks ready for the major leagues, Bryce Harper(notes) showed he still needs plenty of seasoning in the minors.

Harper, an elite prospect who plays for Class A Hagerstown (Md.) in the Washington Nationals organization, went into a protracted home-run trot in the sixth inning Monday night that featured him blowing a kiss to Greensboro pitcher Zachary Neal just before touching home plate.

Aw, c'mon, Bryce. That's not how they do it at Nationals Park, or anywhere else in the majors. Plus, it's a good way to get thrown at.

What prompted such punky puckering? It shouldn't matter, but Harper was hit by a pitch on the inside of his left knee and had to leave the game the day before. He might have been angry about getting hit. The incident with Neal was barely mentioned in this game story.

Harper's initial response — taking the pitcher deep for his South Atlantic League-leading 14th homer — was what ballplayers do. But taking forever to admire the home run was bad. And the stare-down of Neal, followed by the juvenile kissyface, was weakest of all.

Though he acted respectfully at Nats camp during spring training when the Stew visited Florida — others have warned of an immature streak in Harper that would be uncool for anyone regardless of his or her age. It has appeared.

And so has another disturbing omen in Harper's world.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Bryce Harper makes punk move after HR

Might be cuz his mama named him Bryce.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I dig the stache and the mullet. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Imagine if he did that to Bob Gibson,Randy Johnson or Pedro.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

WHAT A SURPRISE! a professional athlete who also doubles as a moron.
    how rare is that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Sportscenter has had its negative impact on the culture in sports.

Hopefully his team will police this because in MLB that will not play well from a rookie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Who does he think he is? The audacity of the kid...its not like he hits 500 foot bombs that Puljos is envious of...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Bryce Harper makes punk move after HR:
    [QUOTE]Who does he think he is? The audacity of the kid...its not like he hits 500 foot bombs that Puljos is envious of...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]I don't know if you meant that tongue and cheek. But Harper has ridiculous power for a kid. In his short stint with his college team Harper used a wooden bat to be better prepared for the professional game and still managed to hit moon shots. This kid hits bombs...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bryce Harper makes punk move after HR : I don't know if you meant that tongue and cheek. But Harper has ridiculous power for a kid. In his short stint with his college team Harper used a wooden bat to be better prepared for the professional game and still managed to hit moon shots. This kid hits bombs...
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

fivekatz,

Bryce does have ridiculous power that can't be denied. Too early to predict his minset and maturity level.

Kids will be kids!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

why is it you don't see that kind of behavior in baseball anywhere but here?

oh, i know why. because this is a "dumb f'ing country."*

*quoting bill maher, who is a pretty smart guy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

nobody likes a cocky (you know what) but we also forget this is a game.  Are we not allowed to be excited when we hit a homerun or double? especially when it helps are team out? and this is also a kid who if i'm wrong correct me please, isn't even old enough to drink.  It's a shame how we hold professional athletes to such a high level at such a young age. 

It's funny how people can decide that hate a player for one reason, and then decide they don't like someone for the exact opposite, kinda gives you some insight into how we think.  Like everyone hates J.D. Drew for the lack of compassion he shows, but then we turn right around and hate a player who acts out.......by J.D. Drew standards we should hate Adrian Gonzalez too. 

I like to play devils advocate, in the end I don't really like Harper either and I as well think he is a punk......but mostly for the Mustache.  That thing should get him a one way ticket to ducheville. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

The guy is like 18 years old since he graduated from high school early right. Maybe 19. Winning the triple crown in the SAL league last I looked. He is possibly the best prospect ever right. On the cover of SI as a 16 year old. It's not like he should have any cockyness issues with a background like his! Cool

The Nationals recently said they wanted him to develop both on the field and in the clubhouse. It's all a big game to him and he already has almost $10 mil in his pocket from signing bonus alone. He can do anything he wants and retire a rich man. Not that he should but he's 18/19 and invincible. He's probably going to have some issues going forward.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

guessing they'll throw inside.

WAY inside.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]guessing they'll throw inside. WAY inside.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

They'll aim for the kissy face.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Bryce of what I gather is a punch and judy slap hitter...ya right...the kid has an "S" tatooed on him, S for Superstar in the making...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Apparently him and the pitcher has some history. Although I think Bryce is an arrogant person this was a personal thing between the two players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Maybe he's gay? 

Would it be wrong then?

-Daf. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arizpatsfan. Show Arizpatsfan's posts

Funny but Wilson Ramos of the National's big league club did the exact same thing in a game against the D-Backs last weekend - and it was only like his fourth homer of the year.  He did it in retaliation for Jason Werth getting hit earlier in the game.  Later, Ramos watched in horror from the catcher's box as the D-Backs erased a four-run deficit in the ninth inning (although the Nationals ended up winning).  I think Ramos is the bigger punk and I look forward to seeing him get knocked on his fat a__.   

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I can't believe the next pitch wasn't in his ear hole.

prknsdnld, Harper got his GED early and played last year at the College of Southern Nevada.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]I can't believe the next pitch wasn't in his ear hole. prknsdnld, Harper got his GED early and played last year at the College of Southern Nevada.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

It was a doooochy move by the kid.  He might be the second coming, but the parents need to step up and tell their son to not be an embarrassment.  I don't care if he is only 18.  he knows better.  he chooses to be an a-h0le.  Yesterday was D-Day.  18 year olds can act like adults.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]I can't believe the next pitch wasn't in his ear hole. prknsdnld, Harper got his GED early and played last year at the College of Southern Nevada.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

You are correct - although played is a bit of an understatement. He dominated. In one regional playoff game he went 6-6 with 4 HR's and 10 RBI's.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bryce Harper makes punk move after HR : Maybe he was acting like big papi.
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]

Aww did Bip Papi's bat flip bug you? Good...
    If you were a fan Reggie Jackson, you've got nothing to complain about.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bryce Harper makes punk move after HR : Actually, nizwit, I never liked Reggie.
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]

Of course...