B's post The B's lost but they will play again however what happened to me in the past 28 hrs will never be repeated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

B's post The B's lost but they will play again however what happened to me in the past 28 hrs will never be repeated

Yesterday at 7:30 AM my son walked in my house and surprised me with tickets to the 6th game. Really nice however I live in Bradenton FL. He and my wife had tickets on Jet Blue,

So at 10 AM I was on a flight to Boston stayed at the Marriot went to Legal Seafoods then met my brother in law and watched a GREAT game. Yes they lost and in a way that not one person could envision. I was on a plane back at 7 AM and home by 1 PM 28 fantastic hours

But back to the point...

Life gives you a lot of ups and downs and all the while you wonder if what you have done is rightl. You also hope all the stuff you teach your kids works.

Well I was disappointed in the B's loss but I now know how DAMN lucky I am.

That going to the game with my son and my wife's help make me understand what is truly great in this world.

The B's lost but they will play again however what happened in the past 28 hrs will never be repeated

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: B's post The B's lost but they will play again however what happened to me in the past 28 hrs will never be repeated

Great post, Jim. Glad you got to go the game and more importantly, with your son. Bet the record heat didn't phase you one bitCool 

You may glory in a team triumphant......
    But you fall in love with a team in defeat

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: B's post The B's lost but they will play again however what happened to me in the past 28 hrs will never be repeated

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Great post, Jim. Glad you got to go the game and more importantly, with your son.  Bet the record heat didn't phase you one bitCool

Actually J Bay it felt hotter in Boston than back here. Here we always have a brezze from some direction. No freakin breeze at all up there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Great post, Jim. Glad you got to go the game and more importantly, with your son.  Bet the record heat didn't phase you one bitCool

Actually J Bay it felt hotter in Boston than back here. Here we always have a brezze from some direction. No freakin breeze at all up there.

The heat even effected the playing conditions of the ice. Too bad you didn't stay for the Sox game tonight

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Great story Jim. Thanks for sharing.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bruins losing is irrelevant.  Really.  Sounds like a fantastic trip. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Why was my original removed?????

Yesterday at 7:30 AM my son walked in my house and surprised me with tickets to the 6th game. Really nice however I live in Bradenton FL. He and my wife had tickets on Jet Blue,

So at 10 AM I was on a flight to Boston stayed at the Marriot went to Legal Seafoods then met my brother in law and watched a GREAT game. Yes they lost and in a way that not one person could envision. I was on a plane back at 7 AM and home by 1 PM 28 fantastic hours

But back to the point...

Life gives you a lot of ups and downs and all the while you wonder if what you have done is rightl. You also hope all the stuff you teach your kids works.

That going to the game with my son and my wife's help make me understand what is truly great in this world.

The B's lost but they will play again however what happened in the past 28 hrs will never be repeated

Love the Red Sox and enjoy the ride every year

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Why was the post removed? Really?!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I was about to ask the same thing J. This is getting stupid. Evidently there were some secret N*zi messages in there or something? Who the heck knows. Anyway, great OP, at least while it lived.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

But back to the point...

Jim, you know it was full of secret codes for all kinds of politically incorrect and anti-social activity. Dont try and hide it, the BDC dawgs are onto you. Flee the country NOW!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Not sure why, but its back now. Some of the mods are a little block happy. Thank God one of them has a clue and allowed it back...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Very very nice. So nice to see a non- argumentative, non combative, non crap slinging, non name calling post. So glad you had that experience with your family. That moment will last forever.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Not sure why, but its back now. Some of the mods are a little block happy. Thank God one of them has a clue and allowed it back...

It was, but it's been removed, again. What gives? I would venture a guess  because it's about the Bruins, but with all the other non related Red Sox/ baseball posts here, it wouldn't be a very good one.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Great story.  I think people look too much at the headlines.  95% of the p[eople I meet are pretty nice, maybe 4% are ok, and only about 1% of the people present a problem, and most of them I can ignore.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

But back to the point...

That's fantastic.  Jim, I refuse to refer to either you or your son as lucky.  That would be insulting to you both.  He was raised properly, you were raised properly....nothing lucky about either.  You should both be pleased and proud though.  Does he have any kids yet?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Great story.  I think people look too much at the headlines.  95% of the p[eople I meet are pretty nice, maybe 4% are ok, and only about 1% of the people present a problem, and most of them I can ignore.

Totally agree, Joe.  I have met very few people in my life I think are "bad" in some way...and they are immediately ignored.  But most have been pretty good.  To my experience 1 % "bad" is there or thereabouts.  95/4?  A bit bullish IMO, but let's not argue at the margins.  I can live with ok.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to mjagger's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

But back to the point...

Jim, you know it was full of secret codes for all kinds of politically incorrect and anti-social activity. Dont try and hide it, the BDC dawgs are onto you. Flee the country NOW!

[/QUOTE]

It's been known for years that the Marriot is a safe house for NAZI war criminals.

[/QUOTE]

Now it all makes sense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

[QUOTE]

But back to the point...

That's fantastic.  Jim, I refuse to refer to either you or your son as lucky.  That would be insulting to you both.  He was raised properly, you were raised properly....nothing lucky about either.  You should both be pleased and proud though.  Does he have any kids yet?

[/QUOTE]
    He has two girls...one is a comedian in the making the other is an intellectual who likes fishing and has CF. He is EXTREMLY protective of his wife and daughters and is the main worry wart in our family a lot like his maternal grandmother

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

He has two girls...one is a comedian in the making the other is an intellectual who likes fishing and has CF. He is EXTREMLY protective of his wife and daughters and is the main worry wart in our family a lot like his maternal grandmother

[/QUOTE]

I assume they are both good people....the apple doesn't often fall far from the tree.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

But back to the point...

Nice personal post, Jim.  Thanks for sharing it.  I was also glad to see that it was not sponsored by a credit card company.