buch dinged up.again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

buch dinged up.again?

well thats a real surprise.when this guy is healthy he is a monster.

maybe the sox will make a move on him in the offseason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: buch dinged up.again?

What's wrong?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

What's wrong?

can't be to  bad

it's only the 2nd thread on the topic ;-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

What's wrong?

can't be to  bad

it's only the 2nd thread on the topic ;-)

GM Zac,

This time I think it's his ego that got hurt.

Pitching Buch against the Card's 3rd or 4th. best starter is the correct move.

I expect 5 maybe 6 solid innings and then let the bp finish it for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

GM Zac,

GM HH

I just figured they wanted him to pitch on the w.e.

U know 2 give those who have to get up in the morning for work & school  a break

he should change his name to 'mr deliberate'

sure would be easier to spell

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

UPDATE, 9:45 p.m.: Two baseball sources said that Buchholz remains in the rotation and is expected to pitch in St. Louis on Saturday or Sunday. But the Sox had enough concern to prepare Doubront.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

What's wrong?

SPONSORED BY: Click here Advertisement < Back to front page Text size  +   Issues with the Red Sox rotation? Posted by Peter A    

By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff

Lefthander Felix Doubront is on the mound at Fenway Park throwing to teammates in a simulated game with manager John Farrell and general manager Ben Cherington watching.

Such activity the night before Game 1 suggests that Doubront is being prepared in case he is needed to start a game later in the series.

Farrell did not name his Game 3 starter today. "On the weekend we'll have that a little more clear as that gets closer," he said.

He also hedged a bit when asked about the roster for the Series.

"No roster changes as of today," Farrell said. "We're going to do with the same 25 we finished the last series with, so that hasn't been adjusted."

The Red Sox have until 10 a.m. on Wednesday to submit their roster.

Further adding to the curiosity is that Matt Thornton, who is not on the roster, also is throwing. The only reason he would throw would be to get ready to be added to the roster.

Farrell denied today that Clay Buchholz is having any health issues.

"Yeah, everything is OK," he said. "We fully expect he and Jake [Peavy] to be pitching on the weekend in St. Louis."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Farrell denied today that Clay Buchholz is having any health issues.

"Yeah, everything is OK," he said. "We fully expect he and Jake [Peavy] to be pitching on the weekend in St. Louis."

Of course he would denied that he is having a health issue.  If he reported, and if Bucholtz is going to pitch game 3 or 4, Cardinals will know that Bucholz may be pitching different than he normally do when he is healthy such as maybe Bucholtz may throw more hanging curve balls or change up than he normally do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 1m

#RedSox made no roster changes before the World Series.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

That means Buchholz is OK.  He should be fine, but not more than 5-6 innings due to lack of stamina.  Still good enough.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

WEEI:  10 AM 10/23  Buch will start game 3 or 4 {" most likley"}

they mention an injury.  they are not too specific.

WEEI: "Its fair to question the health  of CB".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

That means Buchholz is OK.  He should be fine, but not more than 5-6 innings due to lack of stamina.  Still good enough.

dont think it is lack of stamina.

Just think the pain start to build up as he goes on in the game.  Just like Pedro Martinez when he had a upper back pain and he pitched relief against Cleveland Indians in some post season ago!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Wake me if he ever starts 30 games in a season

I hope he realizes that the last 2 years of his contract the Sox can opt out of.  Right now, if I had to make the decision, no way I tack on 2 additional years at 13+ a year unless The Man Made of Clay is willing to prorate his salary based on # of starts.........

The jury is back - Lester is the more valueable pitcher - hands down. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

What would you expect to get for Clay "DAY TO DAY" Buchholz in a trade?  Kerry Wood?  Mike Hampton?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

One thing I like that Peavy is starting in St. Louis, he is our best hitting Pitcher. Guy has a good swing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

One thing I like that Peavy is starting in St. Louis, he is our best hitting Pitcher. Guy has a good swing.

Good, you could bat Peavy 8th and Drew 9th!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Got a feeling get ready for Doobie. If he does have to Pitch, use Ross behind the plate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

GM Zac,

GM HH

I just figured they wanted him to pitch on the w.e.

U know 2 give those who have to get up in the morning for work & school  a break

he should change his name to 'mr deliberate'

sure would be easier to spell

LOL Zac.

With runners on it's beyond painful.

When he pitches I pray for a perfect game.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts