Buch to the DL, Miller to fill in?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

Re: Buch to the DL, Miller to fill in?

In Response to Re: Buch to the DL, Miller to fill in?:
    [QUOTE]Yes, spike, Softlaw said that Tex and Santana weren't coming to the Red Sox, and AGon wasn't coming in 2010 but was coming this year. Softlaw said that Lowrie was a butcher SS who was weak v. RHP and a pretzel. spike, go aghead and delude yourself and think Wastefield is doing "fine". Softlaw is the only poster who didn't repeat clueless beat reporters. You will be wrong.

Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

Hey softball, is it really necessary to refer to yourself in the 3rd person?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Master Softlaw also said the Red Sox should keep Bill Hall (over Lowrie), Coco Crisp (over Ellsbury) and Julio Lugo (God knows why). 

And anyone who was displeased with DiceK's performance was a "racist".

Among other gems. 

-Daf. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Master Softlaw also said the Red Sox should keep Bill Hall (over Lowrie), Coco Crisp (over Ellsbury) and Julio Lugo (God knows why). 

Don't let truth enter your mind. Softlaw was correct, the Red Sox should have kept Bill Hall as the UIF'er. No need to carry 5 OF'ers or 2 UIF'ers.

Softlaw said Crisp should be traded at the end of 2008.

Softlaw said that Lugo should not have been paid to play his final year and change on another team, and should have been retained as the UIF'er because Theo overpaid for his career year and shouldn't be allowed to replace him with a pretzel to save face on blowing the money to sign Lugo in the first place.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

[QUOTE]Master Softlaw also said the Red Sox should keep Bill Hall (over Lowrie), Coco Crisp (over Ellsbury) and Julio Lugo (God knows why).   Don't let truth enter your mind. Softlaw was correct, the Red Sox should have kept Bill Hall as the UIF'er. No need to carry 5 OF'ers or 2 UIF'ers. Softlaw said Crisp should be traded at the end of 2008. Softlaw said that Lugo should not have been paid to play his final year and change on another team, and should have been retained as the UIF'er because Theo overpaid for his career year and shouldn't be allowed to replace him with a pretzel to save face on blowing the money to sign Lugo in the first place.

Let me preserve that for you, since it will be deleted if I don't. 

Just like everything else you have ever written. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]No, Wastefield is struggling with his 5 plus ERA since 2nd half of 2009. A week or more of average down time between outings isn't going to work.

HEY YOU STUPID TROLL. GUESS YOU HAVE LITTLE RESPECT FOR ANYONE, EXPECIALLY TIM WALEFIELD SINCE YOU WON"T CEASE CALLING HIM BY YOUR EXPLETIVE FOR HIM SO I GUESS I"LL CONTINUE TO HASTLE YOU. DEADHEAD !!
    YOU NEVER HAVE THE BALLZ TO ANSWER ME YOU CHICKEN !!

HETCHINSPETE.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buch to the DL, Miller to fill in? : HEY YOU STUPID TROLL. GUESS YOU HAVE LITTLE RESPECT FOR ANYONE, EXPECIALLY TIM WALEFIELD SINCE YOU WON"T CEASE CALLING HIM BY YOUR EXPLETIVE FOR HIM SO I GUESS I"LL CONTINUE TO HASTLE YOU. DEADHEAD !! YOU NEVER HAVE THE BALLZ TO ANSWER ME YOU CHICKEN !! HETCHINSPETE.
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

Hetch..dont get too riled up bro..its what he wants..You live in St.Pete too? or as i like to call it cowbell hell...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Buch to the DL, Miller to fill in?:
    [QUOTE]Buch left the game with more back troubles.  Seems like a natural time to let him heal up while sliding Miller into the rotation. Thoughts?
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]   JB-3.....  BUCH IS NOT GOING TO THE D L , WE ARE JUST GOING TO PUSH HIM BACK A BIT (2 DAYS ).......  SON, AS FAR AS ROSTER MOVES GO, IT IS BEST IF YOU LEAVE THEM TO THEO & BILL-806, WE WILL MAKE ALL THE HEAVY DECISIONS !!!!Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Buch to the DL, Miller to fill in? :    JB-3.....  BUCH IS NOT GOING TO THE D L , WE ARE JUST GOING TO PUSH HIM BACK A BIT (2 DAYS ).......  SON, AS FAR AS ROSTER MOVES GO, IT IS BEST IF YOU LEAVE THEM TO THEO & BILL-806, WE WILL MAKE ALL THE HEAVY DECISIONS !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

IMO he's not out of the woods yet.  They'll reevaluate in a couple days and then make a decision.  Due to the schedule, they have a chance to see how his back responds before making a decision.  In all fairness, my topic title was a tad mis-leading, I should have used ?'s after each statement.  Live and learn.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buch to the DL, Miller to fill in? : HEY YOU STUPID TROLL. GUESS YOU HAVE LITTLE RESPECT FOR ANYONE, EXPECIALLY TIM WALEFIELD SINCE YOU WON"T CEASE CALLING HIM BY YOUR EXPLETIVE FOR HIM SO I GUESS I"LL CONTINUE TO HASTLE YOU. DEADHEAD !! YOU NEVER HAVE THE BALLZ TO ANSWER ME YOU CHICKEN !! HETCHINSPETE.
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

we all know who the real waste is.the guy has no class,hes not wanted here but he keeps comeing back.not a man lacks pride.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from badgealbert. Show badgealbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buch to the DL, Miller to fill in? : So then wouldn't it make sense to allow that recurring back stiffness to clear up so that it doesn't alter his mechanics and lead to a serious injury? Wake is clearly struggling out there giving up 1 ER in 7 innings his last time out and covering 1B like a starter should.....
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

NOT TO DOWNPLAY WAKE FOR HE STILL HAS SOME GOOD GAME TO GO ALONG WITH HIS BAD ONES.I LIKE WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR THS SOX ,BUT EVERY TIME HE STARST I CROSS MY FINGERS AND PRAY FOR THE BEST.
    BADGE007

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

BUT EVERY TIME HE STARST I CROSS MY FINGERS AND PRAY FOR THE BEST.

I pray that Wastefield gets hurt enough to end the circus career, but no serious enough to interfere with his fishing and quality of life in retirement. Tired of this 5 plus ERA goofball pitcher taking time away from young talent needing opportunity and experience.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]BUT EVERY TIME HE STARST I CROSS MY FINGERS AND PRAY FOR THE BEST. Tired of this 5 plus ERA goofball pitcher taking time away from young talent needing opportunity and experience.

How would you feel if he posted... oh I don't know... an ERA around let's just say 4.39 in his first 55.1 IP on the year?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

I would feel that he's taking time away from better young talent who doesn't need an average of a week of down time between outings.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Buch to the DL, Miller to fill in? :    JB-3.....  BUCH IS NOT GOING TO THE D L , WE ARE JUST GOING TO PUSH HIM BACK A BIT (2 DAYS ).......  SON, AS FAR AS ROSTER MOVES GO, IT IS BEST IF YOU LEAVE THEM TO THEO & BILL-806, WE WILL MAKE ALL THE HEAVY DECISIONS !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

You sure about that? Tongue out

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Saw Miller pitch in person once at Pawtucket, and once on TV. Both times same tendencies, 1st inning is his toughest. After that gets stronger as game goes on. Dont know what his pitch count is, but he is a horse 100 pitches no problem. Time to shine Mr. Miller, Go SOX! Fast note: That is why i dont think he would be a good reliever, takes time to get into a rhythm.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

When did you see him?  I know he has adopted Buch's warm up method of pitching a simulated inning in the pen to avoid the rough starts.  I'm curious if he had adopted that when you saw him or not.

I see no reason he wouldn't be allowed to go out there a throw 100+ pitches.  It's not like he isn't stretched out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]BUT EVERY TIME HE STARST I CROSS MY FINGERS AND PRAY FOR THE BEST. I pray that Wastefield gets hurt enough to end the circus career, but no serious enough to interfere with his fishing and quality of life in retirement. Tired of this 5 plus ERA goofball pitcher taking time away from young talent needing opportunity and experience.

Really? 

You do realize Wakefield has a lifetime era of 4.38 and 15 of his 19 seasons have resulted in an e.r.a below .500

So calling him a 5 plus ERA goodball isn't exactly an accurate analyses of Wakefield now is it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buch to the DL, Miller to fill in? : Really?  You do realize Wakefield has a lifetime era of 4.38 and 15 of his 19 seasons have resulted in an e.r.a below .500 So calling him a 5 plus ERA goodball isn't exactly an accurate analyses of Wakefield now is it. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

I think hes been banned again ct..havent seen him around..Probably be back soon with yet another alias..

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Game I saw him Jenks actually started, (rehab),he came in the 2nd inning he walked 1 then was lights out. Pitched a 1-hitter, and was dominant, I think he went 7 innings and K'D 4. Against Indy. TV game was against MudHens, tough 1st inning, then got stronger left game with lead, Bullpen lost it.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

I can understand the mudhen's game (which was right before he got on his role coinciding with his change in warm ups), but I would hardly call 1 walk a tough first inning (the IND game).  Just my take, but it seems like they were two very different first innings.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buch to the DL, Miller to fill in? : Really?  You do realize Wakefield has a lifetime era of 4.38 and 15 of his 19 seasons have resulted in an e.r.a below .500 So calling him a 5 plus ERA goodball isn't exactly an accurate analyses of Wakefield now is it. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Softy loves to take Wake's ERA since the 2nd half of 2009 as gospel (because the back injury inflated his ERA).  Personally I was really pulling for 7IP and 2ER yesterday, as that would have brought Wake's ERA down to 4.98 since the start of 2010, providing a chance to take that line away from Softy.  Maybe next time out Wake can finally pull that number down, but either way, I'm very happy with Wake and his 4.26 ERA this season (4.14 as a starter, good for 41st in the AL among starters with at least 40 IP)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If Miller can be part of the starting rotation and fill in at the back end when needed, it's a perfect way to re-establish his MLB career.  Maybe he fills in now for Buch, Wake, Aceves or whomever and gets added to the playoff roster as a reliever if all of the above are healthy and pithcing well. Who knows?  He was worth the gamble regardless.