Buchholtz for Peavy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Buchholtz for Peavy?

Would you leave Buchholtz in Chicago tonight and bring Peavy home after the game today?

Peavy costs a little more, is older, has had injuries, Chicago might want to save some money as they look to be a non contender this year and building for later years?

Buchholts is 'home grown' by the Sox, is younger, has a longer contract, was injured last season, has struggled this season, the Red Sox always plan to win each year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Buchholtz for Peavy?

Peavy costs a little more? $17m this year and $22 m next year at a team option or he is a free agent. So you want to trade contract friendly Buch for injury prone Peavy for that yep of dough/years? Please, get a clue.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Plain and simple...........Nope

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Nevah happen.

Now, if Peavey was with that other Chicago team, maybe.

But Peavey IS more expensive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

No, although, Buchholz' season has been quite alarming.  I'll roll the dice on him turning it around over gambling on the often injured Peavy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

It depends on how much they want to move Peavy--maybe they eat some of his salary this year OR maybe they are willing to take Youk and Buch for Peavey and ??Morel; that would be close to an even swap moneywise.

OR how much would they like to move Rios? could we do Peavy and Rios for Buch, Youk, CC and CASH.

This might be the year Peavy goes injury free...He would be quite an addition if he replaces Buch in the rotation and he pitches consistently the way he did Sat.

A healthy CC might be worth more to the WS next season and beyond than paying $30 M this season for two players(Peavy and Rios) that will not change the outcome for the WS this season. I think Boston might just be a great landing spot for Rios.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from poster71. Show poster71's posts

No.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

So the alternative other than "NO" is to have Buch sit in the #3 slot---if the A's beat him up Monday and he gives up 5 or 6 runs in 5 inn's. that's okay??

I say Cook has more experience--he has pitched well for the PawSox--can't hurt sliding him into #3.

I would hope BenC is on the phone with a team that has an arm we could use or that management is considering, if things don't go well Mon. night, to have a plan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Maybe if we had a chance to win it all THIS YEAR which we don't, so I'll pass.

Plus, given the mess that is the Crawford contract, we can not afford to add salary.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

How about Lackey for Peavy?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Peavy costs a little more

Buchholz costs 3.5M.  Assuming you don't want to pay Peavy $22M, then his 2012 salary, plus his buyout, will cost us $21M.

So you think $17,500,000 is just "a little more"?

Ever hear the term 'buy low, sell high'?  The smart people that do that are generally looking in your direction when they are thinking that.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Peavy , at his best , is far better than Buchholz , but the cost is prohibitive. Sox are not in a position to pay that kind of money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Buchholtz for Peavy?:
    [QUOTE]Peavy , at his best , is far better than Buchholz , but the cost is prohibitive. Sox are not in a position to pay that kind of money.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Dear Boston Red Sox Fans,

Your team will not be in any position to take on incremental payroll for the next 6 seasons.

Should you need to reach me, you could contact my satellite phone and the Captain of my yacht will connect you to me.

In the meantime, all complaints should be forward to Theo Epstein @ 1060 West Addison Chicago, IL 60613. 

Best of Luck.

Sincerely,

Carl Crawford

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

ya can't just enjoy the ride can you andy. ya gotta grumble about something. anything. do you honestly think that CC is happy with his situation right now. of course not.

I know your just bustin em. thank gawd we got guys filling in that are doing the job. after last years start in april, I am one happy camper at the thought that we could be looking at 11-10 by the end of today and it's still april.

so don't worry, be happy! (where did I hear that?)Smile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Buchholtz for Peavy?:
    [QUOTE]Would you leave Buchholtz in Chicago tonight and bring Peavy home after the game today? Peavy costs a little more, is older, has had injuries, Chicago might want to save some money as they look to be a non contender this year and building for later years? Buchholts is 'home grown' by the Sox, is younger, has a longer contract, was injured last season, has struggled this season, the Red Sox always plan to win each year.
    Posted by charliedarling[/QUOTE]

Peavy is pitching the way most of us knew he would but my guess is he will be on the DL before the season ends.  Clay just needs to get his confidence back and hit his spots.  He has never been a guy to SO a lot of batters, despite what some predicted when he was in the minors. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]ya can't just enjoy the ride can you andy. ya gotta grumble about something. anything. do you honestly think that CC is happy with his situation right now. of course not. I know your just bustin em. thank gawd we got guys filling in that are doing the job. after last years start in april, I am one happy camper at the thought that we could be looking at 11-10 by the end of today and it's still april. so don't worry, be happy! (where did I hear that?)
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Do I think Carl Crawford is happy right now?  You bet your butt I do.  $142 Million Dollars for not even having to play?  Wait, that was a rhetorical question, right?  I mean I hope so....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Buchholtz for Peavy?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buchholtz for Peavy? : Do I think Carl Crawford is happy right now?  You bet your butt I do.  $142 Million Dollars for not even having to play?  Wait, that was a rhetorical question, right?  I mean I hope so.... Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] Of course he is not happy. He hurt himself trying to come back to early so this clearly a guy who just wants to get back to being a major league leftfield.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

No, not even close. Buch will get back into form, Peavey is injury prone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]No, not even close. Buch will get back into form, Peavey is injury prone.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

wait, so Buck isn't injury prone?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

I like the Lackey for Peavy idea.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]ya can't just enjoy the ride can you andy. ya gotta grumble about something. anything. do you honestly think that CC is happy with his situation right now. of course not. I know your just bustin em. thank gawd we got guys filling in that are doing the job. after last years start in april, I am one happy camper at the thought that we could be looking at 11-10 by the end of today and it's still april. so don't worry, be happy! (where did I hear that?)
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Hammah, 

Andrew is the definition of the typical troll who thinks he's a fan. If he ever wrote anything positive most of us would fall out of our chairs in disbelief. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Buchholtz for Peavy?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buchholtz for Peavy? : wait, so Buck isn't injury prone? Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] Not like Peavey. The injury Peaey had was one where the muscle tore completely off the bone. No thanks, I'll take my chances with Bucholz.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buchholtz for Peavy? : wait, so Buck isn't injury prone?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

You can't compare one set back from Clay to Peavys history on the DL.  Lets hope we never will and Clay finds his groove.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Buchholtz for Peavy?": Not like Peavey. The injury Peaey had was one where the muscle tore completely off the bone. No thanks, I'll take my chances with Bucholz.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

OK but Buck has proven he can't exactly stay healthy either (I don't think he's ever made 30 starts in a season and I know he's never come close to 200 IP)