Buchholtz for Peavy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Buchholtz for Peavy?

In Response to Re: Buchholtz for Peavy?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buchholtz for Peavy? : You can't compare one set back from Clay to Peavys history on the DL.  Lets hope we never will and Clay finds his groove.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

But JP has pitched 200 innings and made 30+ starts for several years in a row whilst winning a Cy Young Award.  So by the same token you really can't compare Buck to that either then.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Buchholtz for Peavy?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buchholtz for Peavy? : Hammah,  Andrew is the definition of the typical troll who thinks he's a fan. If he ever wrote anything positive most of us would fall out of our chairs in disbelief.    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE] Arguing with Andrew is a waste of time. All he does escalate, yell louder, criticize more, get more and more abusive, and get more and more outrageous at each step. He's a hater, and now that Drew is gone, he's chosen Crawford. If he reads this post he will try to do it to me. Just watch. The idea that CC is happy because he gets to collect his money without having to play is patently stupid, but don't tell Andrew I said that....;-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buchholtz for Peavy? : OK but Buck has proven he can't exactly stay healthy either (I don't think he's ever made 30 starts in a season and I know he's never come close to 200 IP)
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

andrew, Peavy hasen't had many innings since 2007 when he reached 173.  Clay had as many innings in his first full season in 2010 before being injured last. season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

clay has also had a 2.3 era in the AMERICAN LEAGUE EAST, not pitcher friendly petco park and pitcher friendly national league west

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Bucholtz for Peavey would not be a good trade for either team. Neither team gets any better with that trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Buchholtz for Peavy?": Arguing with Andrew is a waste of time. All he does escalate, yell louder, criticize more, get more and more abusive, and get more and more outrageous at each step. He's a hater, and now that Drew is gone, he's chosen Crawford. If he reads this post he will try to do it to me. Just watch. The idea that CC is happy because he gets to collect his money without having to play is patently stupid, but don't tell Andrew I said that....;-)
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Where have I yelled or critized?  Where have I made personal attacks?

No attacks towards you yet you call me out??  OK.....

The fact is I am illustrating fact-based points to the discussion at hand.  Sorry I was challenging you but don't take it personal.  You can make counter-points.  In fact, one poster just did - he reminded us that Peavy hasn't really been healthy in years.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Peavy for Buch ?   No , no and NO.
    Clay may need some rehab / arm-strengthening / mechanics or release point tinkering; perhaps in Pawtucket while Cook starts (?). But Buchholtz is still relatively young, inexpensive and under team control for a while.
    Let's not write off his potential yet......because who wouldn't want a 14-10, 3.80 or lower type starter who costs under $ 6 mil ?

I believe a player on the D.L. cannot legally be traded, but for Peavy I'd fly up there and drive Lackey to the airport myself !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buchholtz for Peavy? : But JP has pitched 200 innings and made 30+ starts for several years in a row whilst winning a Cy Young Award.  So by the same token you really can't compare Buck to that either then.....
    Peavy at 200+ innings and 30+ start 3 years in a 11 year career.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I'll hold off one more game before giving up on Buchholtz. But only one more game. He's nothing like he was a year ago (long before going on the DL), and how long can you keep a guy in the rotation who not only is getting hammered, but shows little or no improvement one game to the next?

Right now, odds are pretty high that Dice K will be taking his spot before the end of May.

C'mon, Buck, prove me 100% wrong!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]I like the Lackey for Peavy idea.
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's going out on a limb! How profound can you get!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

When will fans of this team realize there is no "t" in Clay Bucholz' last name?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buchholtz for Peavy? : Where have I yelled or critized?  Where have I made personal attacks? No attacks towards you yet you call me out??  OK..... The fact is I am illustrating fact-based points to the discussion at hand.  Sorry I was challenging you but don't take it personal.  You can make counter-points.  In fact, one poster just did - he reminded us that Peavy hasn't really been healthy in years.....

You did it last year with Crawford, and you also got snotty with me because I disagreed with you. You ripped him so bad that I went back and deleted all my posts in the discussion because I didn't want to be associated with it. Look at some of the things you have said just in this thread, and ask yourself: A--do I REALLY believe that, or am I just venting, and B--Are they reasonable? It's just the smoulderning hate AM, it's in most of your posts about Crawford and anyone else you don't like, and I keep asking what it accomplishes. Your attacks against him aren't personal? You sure? There's a lot of surmise and projection onto him--things that he probably isn't even doing and have probably never crossed his mind. How do you know he's laughing it up at RSN and having a good time because he can collect his money without playing? Ridiculous, need to rethink that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]When will fans of this team realize there is no "t" in Clay Bucholz' last name?
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I was one of them  I also just realized a few weeks ago it is spelled with two h's. I'll just stick to Buch to be safe. Sealed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buchholtz for Peavy? : I was one of them  I also just realized a few weeks ago two weeks it is spelled with two h's. I'll just stick to Buch to be safe.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Two h's? Really? Even I never noticed that. When will fans of this team realize that there are two h's in Clay Buchholz' name? Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bretb27. Show bretb27's posts

if I was a White Sox fan I certainly wouldn't leave Peavey in Boston for Buch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buchholtz for Peavy? : But JP has pitched 200 innings and made 30+ starts for several years in a row whilst winning a Cy Young Award.  So by the same token you really can't compare Buck to that either then.....

From 2010-2012

Player A  25-11 3.20 ERA
    Player B  17-14 4.32 ERA

I take the names out so that the posters that hate the RS players might just focus on the numbers.

Sections
Shortcuts