Buchholtz is gahbage!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from khuberpt. Show khuberpt's posts

Buchholtz is gahbage!

Enough is enough. He continues to be horrible as a pitcher. Anything in the minors is better than clay is. He has showed close to nothing of the pitcher the sox hoped he could be. If cook wasn't injured he would be up and clay would have a strained lat or some other injury to give him time in the minors to work things out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Buchholtz is gahbage!

I kind of said the same thing on the game thread.  But look at him now in the 6th inning.  Could be worse. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from khuberpt. Show khuberpt's posts

4walks, 5runs in 5 1/3 innings= Pawtucket

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

In Response to Re: Buchholtz is gahbage!:
    [QUOTE]4walks, 5runs in 5 1/3 innings= Pawtucket
    Posted by khuberpt[/QUOTE]

Gotta do it, please stop talking about how he's close and has 1 bad inning a start...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Two more starts then he'll go on a hot streak.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

Yet how "bad" was the bad inning? Lot's of cheap stuff, and questionable calls from behind the plate. 

Terrible inning for Buchholz, who threw 31 pitches.

Betemit singled before Johnson walked and Andino singled with a bunt to load the bases. Avery walked on a nine-pitch at-bat to force in a run. Buchholz thought he had him struck out twice including on the final pitch, a high curveball that appeared to be strike.

Hardy then singled in a run, hitting a ball up the middle that Aviles wanted to flip to second but tried to go to first with and was too late. Markakis walked to force in another. Jones grounded into a double play as Avery scored. Then Wieters grounded out to finally end the inning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

That "bad inning" may have been ugly for more reasons then just Bucholtz, but there is just something not right about him. I am not sure if it is injury or not but I think it is mechanical. I am not a pitching coach by any means but just sitting around talking with friends (all of us played through College) and he just doesn't look comfortable on the mound and one friend (a former AA Catcher) said he is not consistantly meeting the same release point. I am sure they (Red Sox) coaches see it but getting him through it is a major problem without the benefit of a "rehab stint".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

Well, there is no doubt he isn't dominating anyone. 
    The two possibilities I see are; his back is still not right, or he is afraid to fully extend. 
    He might be a good cantidate for the bullpen. In that position he could be expected to go all out for an inning. If his back can't take that, or flares up then there is a major problem. 
    At this point I think both Bard and Buchholtz should go on a fried chicken diet, and add some bulk. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Looks like we don't have to trade for a 5th starter, if Buch continues to perform as he has thus far.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Yes, he's been bad this year. I suggested this a couple of weeks ago and got blasted by the heavyweight bloggers, but he still looks weak and "fragile" to me...fragile like he's afraid that something will go wrong out there, or he will make a big mistake...I guess mentally fragile, like he's scared of failure. Don't hit me too hard this time! Also, somewhere in my gut I feel like if we deal him to another team, especially one less pressurized than Boston, he might win 15 games a year for the next 10 years. Maybe it's just in his head?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

why do peeps on this forum want to trade players when they are worth a bag of balls? Does "buy low, sell high" mean anything around here? 

Buch has played bad. I have yet to see a convincing analysis as to why he is struggling though. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Someone had to take Lackey's spot in the rotation. Someone should tell Buchholz that didn't mean someone had to pitch like him?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Clay is too talented to pitch this bad without an injury. Give him some time on the DL to clear up whatever the hell it is in the minors. I was hoping Dice would bump him but he isn't healthy yet... so we need to bite the bullet and get this kid squared out. Sign Oswalt please and build this kid up in the kiddy pool. Clay was a stud but he could garner enough value to bring back a true Ace by the deadline if you throw in a Melancon or Tazawa from a smallmarket salary dump like Zambrano.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from khuberpt. Show khuberpt's posts

I doubt that his back is still affecting him. The sox would not run him out there for 9 or so starts if they thought his back was am issue. And I don't think that he has " lost it" as a pitcher. He has good stuff but mentally, possibly, he can't control things.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He's given up more earned runs in all of baseball.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

khuberpt are you referring to yourself? 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to "Re: Buchholtz is gahbage!": [QUOTE]I doubt that his back is still affecting him. The sox would not run him out there for 9 or so starts if they thought his back was am issue. And I don't think that he has " lost it" as a pitcher. He has good stuff but mentally, possibly, he can't control things. Posted by khuberpt[/QUOTE] Or maybe he was told that this is as good as your back will get without surgery and that is the next step. To do surgery it means we would lose him for a year. In that case the sox would give him every chance to work through it. Just my 2 cents.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Send him down.  Bring up melancon,  and start Padilla. 

It can't get worse.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

He seems like a head case, what is his problem?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Know what...there are so many bad #5 starting pitchers in MLB.  Bucholtz is really now a #5 pitcher.  If you want to get rid of him, then who will replace him.  That is the problem.  Boston cant afford to make a trade after Ross is out of 6 to 8 weeks. Youkilis is more likely to remain as a Sox.  I do not mind seeing Bucholtz and Miller combo on every five start!

Since Boston playing so well, I would not dare to make any roster change except few guys coming off of the DL.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Buchholz is really struggling mentally as much as he is struggling physically.

Watching him last night he almost looked like he was ready for a mental breakdown right in the middle of the diamond.  He may need to take a little R & R at Pawtucket to regroup when the next 5th starter is ready to make another appearance (Cook, Dice, ?).

Going to Pawtucket might also give him a chance to rediscover his fastball.

Sections
Shortcuts