1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Buchholtz is gahbage!

Package him wit the YOUKSTER !!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Buchholtz is gahbage!:
    [QUOTE]Buchholz is really struggling mentally as much as he is struggling physically. Watching him last night he almost looked like he was ready for a mental breakdown right in the middle of the diamond.  He may need to take a little R & R at Pawtucket to regroup when the next 5th starter is ready to make another appearance (Cook, Dice, ?). Going to Pawtucket might also give him a chance to rediscover his fastball.
    Posted by charliedarling[/QUOTE]

Like I said, the man is made of CLAY - physically and emotionally.......

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I too think they need to send Buchholz down to give him time to get his game and his head back together. I still think he has potential to be a good pitcher. He's got a good array of pitches; just needs to work on executing them better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Can he hit? I wonder how he would do in the OF?
    They turned Ankiel into a pretty good one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Can he hit? I wonder how he would do in the OF? They turned Ankiel into a pretty good one.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing :)  We know he can run but he's like "Skates" on the basepaths......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

I think anyone with eyes can see that his problem is mostly mental. He doesn't trust his FB and relies way too much on his curve.

As soon as he allows a baserunner, he turns into a completely different pitcher (Bi-Polar?) and spends an eternity between pitches trying to out-think the situation.

What he needs to do is pick up the pace, trust his stuff, and just throw to his catcher. His head is getting in the way of everything.
    I bet if he just threw what Salty or Shoppach out down, and not be allowed to shake off any signs. He would do a whole lot better. He has some nasty stuff, but is not using it effectively.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Buchholtz stinks! He's always been a pants wetter on the mound, when he starts to get hit. Mentally not tough. Physically looks like an unkempt scarecrow.Send "The Lizard" down to AAA or trade him with Youkilis for something to help the club.Either and OF or a pitcher.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Buchholtz is gahbage!:
    [QUOTE]Enough is enough. He continues to be horrible as a pitcher. Anything in the minors is better than clay is. He has showed close to nothing of the pitcher the sox hoped he could be. If cook wasn't injured he would be up and clay would have a strained lat or some other injury to give him time in the minors to work things out.
    Posted by khuberpt[/QUOTE]

The excuses of Clay needing more conditioning need to end.  He is what we see, a pitcher without a great fastball that needs to locate the good pitches he does have in order to be successful.  Can he be an affective starter again?  Maybe, but hes simply not the talent Theo thought he was.  Hopefully Clay can turn things around and give us a few solid starts but right now the offense is covering his struggles.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]I think anyone with eyes can see that his problem is mostly mental. He doesn't trust his FB and relies way too much on his curve. As soon as he allows a baserunner, he turns into a completely different pitcher (Bi-Polar?) and spends an eternity between pitches trying to out-think the situation. What he needs to do is pick up the pace, trust his stuff, and just throw to his catcher. His head is getting in the way of everything. I bet if he just threw what Salty or Shoppach out down, and not be allowed to shake off any signs. He would do a whole lot better. He has some nasty stuff, but is not using it effectively.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]
     Nice post. Pretty much the way I see it as well. All those fake pick-off throws drive me nuts too. I've been thinking for some time that what he really needs is some couch-time with a sports shrink.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]Yet how "bad" was the bad inning? Lot's of cheap stuff, and questionable calls from behind the plate.  Terrible inning for Buchholz, who threw 31 pitches. Betemit singled before Johnson walked and Andino singled with a bunt to load the bases. Avery walked on a nine-pitch at-bat to force in a run. Buchholz thought he had him struck out twice including on the final pitch, a high curveball that appeared to be strike. Hardy then singled in a run, hitting a ball up the middle that Aviles wanted to flip to second but tried to go to first with and was too late. Markakis walked to force in another. Jones grounded into a double play as Avery scored. Then Wieters grounded out to finally end the inning.  
    Posted by patrickford[/QUOTE]
    I watch gameday as well as MLB extra innings. 2 of those 4 walks WERE strikeouts ! If the ump got them right, Buch has a very good night.

Sections
Shortcuts