1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Buchholtz

Get rid of this bum. His perfect recovery from a hang nail is more important than the team. Who needs a guy like that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Buchholtz

You are a very odd little troll, aren't you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to jader's comment:

Get rid of this bum. His perfect recovery from a hang nail is more important than the team. Who needs a guy like that.

Breakholz is very good when he is healthy, which is about 75% of the time or less. So when his contract comes up he deserve 75% of an offer, just like Ellsbreaky. Thats just the way it is; part time salary for a part time player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

Breakholz is very good when he is healthy, which is about 75% of the time or less. So when his contract comes up he deserve 75% of an offer, just like Ellsbreaky. Thats just the way it is; part time salary for a part time player.

[/QUOTE]

Over the past 4 years, he has the #5 ERA in the league.  So if you paid him 75% of what those above him made, you'd be giving him a heck of a raise.  But I am a proponent of the process.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He's been out for 3 1/2 months with a little sore bursa sac. Remember he didn't even go on the DL initially. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

He's been out for 3 1/2 months with a little sore bursa sac. Remember he didn't even go on the DL initially. 

So, he didn't go on the DL initially. 

Is that proof he's milking it?

Nobody knows but Clay how much pain he is in or was in.

Plus, some guys have different pain threshholds. It doesn't mean someone is a wimp or milker or faker.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

I love it when you guys talk tough. It makes me feel all tingly and safe.

-Daf.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I figured he would get 5 starts if he started on Sept. 1, now I am not so sure. Figuring his First 2 Starts he'll be on a Pitch Count. To me he is becoming irrelevant. No hate, just reality. Team has been winning without him, just have to count on who is on the field and playing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Another pathetic troll attempt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

Plus, some guys have different pain threshholds. It doesn't mean someone is a wimp or milker or faker.

[/QUOTE]

I have forgotten exactly why he's out? Is it his knee or clavicle? Clearly it is something that the teams doctors have diagnosed and set forth a timeline to rehab. With pitcher's sometimes caution is the better part of valor. If it is his knee or clavicle, and he tries to pitch with the injury. He might alter his mechanics and end up hurting a shoulder, which would be worse than the original injury. He'll return when he's healthy and only he, Cherington, the coaches and the teams doctors know when that'll be...at this stage given the timline to build his arm,  it might well be next year before he toes the rubber. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

No hate for Clay but this "injury" might be the worst example of an athlete being gutless that i have ever seen - in any sport...the guy has missed half the season and like ADG said, not even on DL. That is just disgraceful imo. 

As always - 100% correct!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey moon, does my comment say anything about him milking it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Can we al least get the name right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Keep these facts in mind about Buchholz and why myself and probably many others are frustrated with him being out so long:

1. He's 29 already.

2. He's been injured quite a bit during his career.

3. Excluding the year he came up (2007), he's been in the big league 6 years and in only two of those seasons has he made more than 20 starts. That is a low threshold.

Kershaw - 25 years old, 6 seasons with 20 or more starts.

Anibal Sanchez - Same age as Clay, 4 seasons with 20 or more starts.

Wainright - 6 seasons

Bumgarner - 24 years old, 3 seasons.

Derek Holland - 26 years old? 4 seasons.

The point? Buchholz is no spring chicken yet he's been extremely unreliable in his career. Those are just a sampling of pitchers, some obviously aces, some not. There are tons more.

That is why so many fans are frustrated with him. He can't be counted on to be out there as a reliable starter throughout a season and it's hard to plan going in. I'd look at trading him in the off season. I'd take my chances with guys like Workman, Renaudo, Owens, etc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Keep these facts in mind about Buchholz and why myself and probably many others are frustrated with him being out so long:

1. He's 29 already.

3. Excluding the year he came up (2007), he's been in the big league 6 years and in only two of those seasons has he made more than 20 starts. That is a low threshold.

Wainright - 6 seasons

The point? Buchholz is no spring chicken yet he's been extremely unreliable in his career. Those are just a sampling of pitchers, some obviously aces, some not. There are tons more.

That is why so many fans are frustrated with him. He can't be counted on to be out there as a reliable starter throughout a season and it's hard to plan going in. I'd look at trading him in the off season. I'd take my chances with guys like Workman, Renaudo, Owens, etc.

Who are all these frustrated fans, besides you and a couple other tough talkers?

Seems like the majority of posters here understand what's going on with Buchholz.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

1. He's 29 already.

Wainright - 6 seasons

Who are all these frustrated fans, besides you and a couple other tough talkers?

Seems like the majority of posters here understand what's going on with Buchholz.

what??? they understand what? what the heck is going on with him? did he sleep on his arm? is it his neck? because those were the original reasons he gave for skipping starts....you are pathetic for even trying to attack ADG for simply laying out the facts about Clay's history of injuries/missing starts....thats the only thing the majority of posters on BDC know - you are an apologist

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

1. He's 29 already.

Wainright - 6 seasons

what??? they understand what? what the heck is going on with him? did he sleep on his arm? is it his neck? because those were the original reasons he gave for skipping starts....you are pathetic for even trying to attack ADG for simply laying out the facts about Clay's history of injuries/missing starts....thats the only thing the majority of posters on BDC know - you are an apologist

Clueless, as usual.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

1. He's 29 already.

Wainright - 6 seasons

Clueless, as usual.

[/QUOTE]

I guess it took a while for the neck injury to travel down to the bursa sac....now go get your shinebox and get back to your real talent - licking boots.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Next year he is only going to be paid 7.7 mm dollars and a year after that is 12 mm dollars.   And then his last two years of his contract are option year contract.

Meaning Boston isnt losing much money compare to these pitchers today are demanding like over 10 millions dollars a year such as Dempster, Wilson a year before last year along with Lincecum, Santana, Lee, Sabathia, Beckett, Cain, Zito, etc

If he can pitch half of the season and win 10 games along with someone taking his spot due injury, and win approximately 5 to 7 games.  I am fine with that cuz that is 17 wins by these pitchers total!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

1. He's 29 already.

Wainright - 6 seasons

Thanks geo. The pink hatters just like to defend everything. All I did was point out facts, and that fans were frustrated, not hateful. We all get frustrated with our kids, coworkers,etc, but do we dislike them? No

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Injuries happen. Ok. What the problem with a guy that cant go a whole season on a steady basis, especially a Starter, the Front Office has to make other moves to Compensate. Thus losing Iggy.

Its almost like guy having a bad slump, you need someone to pick up the slack. You lose a lot of good kids this way.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Thanks geo. The pink hatters just like to defend everything. All I did was point out facts, and that fans were frustrated, not hateful. We all get frustrated with our kids, coworkers,etc, but do we dislike them? No

Yup, being positive is a despicable character trait, isn't it?

The Sox lose, you whine about the game.

The Sox win and you find something else to whine about.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

I agree..... If he does come back? I hope the worse for him.I hope he gets shelled. This little neck thing has gone on way to long. Would you resign him? Heck no !!! He could stub his toe and be out a year....I blame his parents for babying him growing up. If that was my son i would dis own him....How can you pick out Buch at a dinner event ??? He's the one in the highchair. How can you pick out Buch at the picnic in the park.....He's the one in the stroller...... How come Buch always has a clean shirt... he's wearing a bib.... How can you find Buch? Follow the baby powder. These were posted on his locker....By who?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

It is silly that this thread appeared after Buchholz completed the majority of his throwing program.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

So whats next?