1. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Buchholtz

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

It is silly that this thread appeared after Buchholz completed the majority of his throwing program.

Well it's a good thing Ortiz didn't complete the majority of his  his batting program from Feb until Sept......

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Keep these facts in mind about Buchholz and why myself and probably many others are frustrated with him being out so long:

1. He's 29 already.

2. He's been injured quite a bit during his career.

3. Excluding the year he came up (2007), he's been in the big league 6 years and in only two of those seasons has he made more than 20 starts. That is a low threshold.

Kershaw - 25 years old, 6 seasons with 20 or more starts.

Anibal Sanchez - Same age as Clay, 4 seasons with 20 or more starts.

Wainright - 6 seasons

Bumgarner - 24 years old, 3 seasons.

Derek Holland - 26 years old? 4 seasons.

The point? Buchholz is no spring chicken yet he's been extremely unreliable in his career. Those are just a sampling of pitchers, some obviously aces, some not. There are tons more.

That is why so many fans are frustrated with him. He can't be counted on to be out there as a reliable starter throughout a season and it's hard to plan going in. I'd look at trading him in the off season. I'd take my chances with guys like Workman, Renaudo, Owens, etc.

Who are all these frustrated fans, besides you and a couple other tough talkers?

Seems like the majority of posters here understand what's going on with Buchholz.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong !!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

A big clue about the OP is the misspelling of Buchholz's name.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Yeah, he knows all about his medical condition but can't even spell his name right. With the season he was having why wouldn't he want to be out there throwing if he was ready to be?

All the criticism of him reminds me of all of the armchair doctors when they piled on Ellsbury.

Hopefuuly he'll come back and be able to give the sox a shot in the arm down the stretch and through the playoffs. At least he should be fresh and ready to go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to MikeNagy's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, he knows all about his medical condition but can't even spell his name right. With the season he was having why wouldn't he want to be out there throwing if he was ready to be?

All the criticism of him reminds me of all of the armchair doctors when they piled on Ellsbury.

Hopefuuly he'll come back and be able to give the sox a shot in the arm down the stretch and through the playoffs. At least he should be fresh and ready to go.

[/QUOTE]

You know what happens when you let fresh sit around to long? It rots........