Buchholz accused of cheating.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Buchholz accused of cheating.

In response to jasko2248's comment:

In response to hill55's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Lol..I guess it could.

Its just a heavy accusation to make with no real proof. Jack Morris is getting in onthe action now.

Dirk Hayhurst offered at least some evidence with the photos:

http://nesn.com/2013/05/clay-buchholz-accused-of-doctoring-baseball-by-toronto-broadcaster-dirk-hayhurst/

The photos alone aren't enough to prove anything but the photos should be enough to warrant further investigation.

Hill, you were a much better poster when you just worked for Fangraphs and shredded one sided trade proposals by Sox fans.  You've grown to hate the Sox so much that you now just seem desperate.  You posted over and over how they only won 69 games last year like they were the '62 Mets, but refused to acknowledge the talent on this roster.  This team is here to stay, get on the bandwagon and eat some humble pie.  No one will think less of you...

I certainly cant..errr..wont.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Lol..I guess it could.

Its just a heavy accusation to make with no real proof. Jack Morris is getting in onthe action now.

http://nesn.com/2013/05/clay-buchholz-accused-of-doctoring-baseball-by-toronto-broadcaster-dirk-hayhurst/

The photos alone aren't enough to prove anything but the photos should be enough to warrant further investigation.

The video and 1

The video and photos that Toronto are circulating don't show him whiping his hand before he throw the ball like the longer the NESN video. Also you can't throw a curve, which was the pitc. He threw in the video, with spit on the ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Lol..I guess it could.

The video and 1

The video and photos that Toronto are circulating don't show him whiping his hand before he throw the ball like the longer the NESN video. Also you can't throw a curve, which was the pitc. He threw in the video, with spit on the ball.

Never, ever let the facts get in the way of a good story.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Lol..I guess it could.

You think? It looks like rosin mixed with his own sweat...At least thats what I got after I saw the pic. Nesn showed the video and not some still photo, whatever though...Morris was saying he thought he saw something on Taz's arm tonight. A little overboard with that one.

Hey, if they want to investigate, thats cool. I think toronto is just bitter is all. Maybe they should find out first before guys like Jack Morris and this other clown keep saying that Clay is without a doubt cheating. kinda premature. There going to look real dumb when/if they find out he isnt cheating.

Maybe you should read Dirk Hayhurst's series of tweets in the link I provided. No tweet claimed "Clay is without a doubt cheating." The word "cheating" is never mentioned in the tweets.

theyre accusing him of doctoring the ball, which is cheating...lets not have a play on words here Hill. Morris said he was doing it. Which means hes accusing him of cheating.

wow, you really have something against the sox huh? Any chance to take a jab.

Just this week I used the words "formidable" and "impressive" to describe the 2013 Boston Red Sox:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/best-team-in-mlb-is/100/6618936?ia=17245000

I've also heaped praised on Mike Napoli recently. On this forum I publicly bemoaned not retaining Clay Buchholz at a modest salary in my fantasy league.

Pardon my objectivity.

The questions raised by Hayhurst's tweets are worth discussing regardless of the pitcher's team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

Lol..I guess it could.

Hill, you were a much better poster when you just worked for Fangraphs and shredded one sided trade proposals by Sox fans.  You've grown to hate the Sox so much that you now just seem desperate.  You posted over and over how they only won 69 games last year like they were the '62 Mets, but refused to acknowledge the talent on this roster.  This team is here to stay, get on the bandwagon and eat some humble pie.  No one will think less of you...

I certainly cant..errr..wont.

He's just one of many angry people on this board, Southpaw.  The Jays, Angels and Dodgers got all of the great players this offseason while the Sox Front Office overpaid for a bunch of over the "Hill" bums with bad "stats," especially when those stats are manipulated correctly. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Lol..I guess it could.

You think? It looks like rosin mixed with his own sweat...At least thats what I got after I saw the pic. Nesn showed the video and not some still photo, whatever though...Morris was saying he thought he saw something on Taz's arm tonight. A little overboard with that one.

Hey, if they want to investigate, thats cool. I think toronto is just bitter is all. Maybe they should find out first before guys like Jack Morris and this other clown keep saying that Clay is without a doubt cheating. kinda premature. There going to look real dumb when/if they find out he isnt cheating.

Maybe you should read Dirk Hayhurst's series of tweets in the link I provided. No tweet claimed "Clay is without a doubt cheating." The word "cheating" is never mentioned in the tweets.

theyre accusing him of doctoring the ball, which is cheating...lets not have a play on words here Hill. Morris said he was doing it. Which means hes accusing him of cheating.

wow, you really have something against the sox huh? Any chance to take a jab.

Just this week I used the words "formidable" and "impressive" to describe the 2013 Boston Red Sox:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/best-team-in-mlb-is/100/6618936?ia=17245000

I've also heaped praised on Mike Napoli recently. On this forum I publicly bemoaned not retaining Clay Buchholz at a modest salary in my fantasy league.

Pardon my objectivity.

The questions raised by Hayhurst's tweets are worth discussing regardless of the pitcher's team.

No, there not woth talking about. Just because they accuse him of it doesnt make it valid. That still photo shows nothing Hill. Nothing.

Morris even accused Tazawa of having something on his forearm. really? The video clearly shows Buchholz wasnt doing anything wrong, which is better than some still photo. Justin Verlander is always going to his neck and rubbing it. Should we accuse him too?

When you make a harsh accusation of cheating is baseball, you had better have some concrete proof before saying anything. No player, Manager or umpire on the field said anything. This kid has worked his butt off and has always had nasty stuff. Jack Morris and this never-was ex-pitcher should know better than to be as careless as that. Theres enough crap going on in todays game withlout idiots making empty claims like that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

No, there not woth talking about. Just because they accuse him of it doesnt make it valid. That still photo shows nothing Hill. Nothing.

By that reasoning, just because you accuse Dirk Hayhurst and Jack Morris of wrongdoing does not make your accusations valid ... or worth discussing.

I regret that you've lost your objectivity.

Warm regards.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

I just find it a tad ironic that somebody that is involved with the Blue Jays organization would have the audacity to whine about cheating.

For four seasons, from 2006-2009 Blue Jays outfielder Jose Bautista averaged 125 games  and 14 homeruns a season, with a high of 16 homeruns.

Then in 2010, he hits 54.  To put this things into perspective, David Ortiz has averaged 28 homeruns over the last 4 years. The equivelant would be him hitting around 110 homeruns this year. Ridiculous, right?

It's pretty obvious Bautista is one of the most blatant cheaters in the game. I'm guessing this clown has never made any unproven claims against Bautista.

The difference is, his case would be much stronger.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Blue Jays stink so the Toronto media needs to find some story to sell to its fans.   LOL

Jack Morris and Hayhurst should instead, check Bautista and Encarnacion's bat.  Prior to 2010, Bautista never hit more than 16 homers but in 2010, he hit 54. 

BTW, the Marlins got the better end of their deal with Toronto during the offseason.   LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to scash2013's comment:

I just find it a tad ironic that somebody that is involved with the Blue Jays organization would have the audacity to whine about cheating.

For four seasons, from 2006-2009 Blue Jays outfielder Jose Bautista averaged 125 games  and 14 homeruns a season, with a high of 16 homeruns.

Then in 2010, he hits 54.  To put this things into perspective, David Ortiz has averaged 28 homeruns over the last 4 years. The equivelant would be him hitting around 110 homeruns this year. Ridiculous, right?

It's pretty obvious Bautista is one of the most blatant cheaters in the game. I'm guessing this clown has never made any unproven claims against Bautista.

By your reasoning, Jacoby Ellsbury would be an even more blatant cheater.

But, of course, your reasoning is flawed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to thegrandsalami's comment:

Crazy and even if he is GO BUC GO!!!!  WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I got a feeling this is going to be a good year for the Sox.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

In response to scash2013's comment:

By your reasoning, Jacoby Ellsbury would be an even more blatant cheater.

But, of course, your reasoning is flawed.

No, it isn't. They both quadrupled their home run totals. So how in the hell does that make Ellsbury a "more blatant cheater"?

Ellsbury does look a bit suspect going from 8 to 32.  But he had played around 300 games going into 2011. Bautista had been in the league for 6 seasons.

It is far more reasonable to give Ellsbury the benefit of doubt and assume that he was just getting more comfortable with big league pitching.  8 to 32 for a young player is reasonable.

14 to 54 for a 6 year vet is indefensible. Comparing the two is ridiculous. Apples and oranges.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Wow Jacka** Morris and some loser announcer are calling the best pitcher in the AL a cheat but never once have they called out Mariano Rivera for the exact same manerisms on the mound. I'm really dissappointed in Jack putting his name to any alledged spitball throwing considering that was his main pitch! Oh he called it a splitter!!!!!!! That's funny! Hayhurst is a minor league loser who is a never has been. Clay shouldn't even respond to either of the stupid people in the booth,they are in the booth because they can neither pitch, nor teach anyone how to pitch.Unless it's through a Civil Attorney in a filing of defamation of character lawsuit against th two dimwits and their employers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

At first look I could tell it was rosin mixed with the sweat on his arm. Pretty heavy accusation to make with little to no proof. careless on Dirks part.

I'm in no position to comment

1 way or another

only that the soaking hair does make one wonder

enough to open the conversation

Why do you have to double-space all your post?.  It makes it more difficult to read.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Didn't see the game but funny when I saw highlights and believe it was Cecil on mound and did exact same thing Tazawa did touched his forearm w/ his pitching fingers to get some moisture on his hand. I've seen Buchholz dump water on his head between innings. If they had hit either of these guys think they would be making these claims? Probably be less important things to talk about if Jays could actually start winning w/ all the hype that surrounded this team to start yr. Can't help that their former manager is in 1st place, while the team that many picked is struggling? Eckersly said it best "Shut Up"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

this entire debacle is absolutely laughable. I pitched in highschool,college and some park league after the service. you can pick up the bag and you can take off your glove and rub up the ball. you can even go to your mouth and lick your two fingers as long as your not standing on the rubber. the odds that buch is cheating is about the same as naps corking his bat. if this really gets serious I think that buch can sue the pants off those clowns for their rediculous acusations.

funny how those guys never considered the fact that John Farrell was buch and lesters pitching coach when he was here and how successful they were. just laughable man. totally laughable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

I love this!  You know you're locked in when they're accusing you of cheating!  :)

BUCH UP !

:)

Best Post. This is the truth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

The Jays were the best team in the AL coming out of the gate.  Then they started to play baseball and things went rapidly downhill after that. 

The Toronto team and everyone associated with it is frustrated. They expected to be the cream of the crop and they're finding themselves the leftover grounds, the dregs in the bottom of the cup.  Now they're trying to establish blame and can't point the finger at themselves so they're starting with the best team in baseball, the Red Sox.

The Sox are a logical target, after all.  The Sox were supposed to be where the Jays are, the Sox fleeced the Jays out of their manager in the off season, and in past years the Sox have accused the Jays of stealing signs.  So why not accuse the Sox of cheating?

The Jays announcers and bloggers have now stooped to a new level. This ploy is nothing but a cheap psychological trick to try to get Buch and Taz to think about anything BUT their pitching in the hope these two won't be successful.  Rather than wanting their own team to play better they're trying to get the Sox to play worse. 

They should be ashamed of themselves.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Wow Jacka** Morris and some loser announcer are calling the best pitcher in the AL a cheat but never once have they called out Mariano Rivera for the exact same manerisms on the mound. I'm really dissappointed in Jack putting his name to any alledged spitball throwing considering that was his main pitch! Oh he called it a splitter!!!!!!! That's funny! Hayhurst is a minor league loser who is a never has been. Clay shouldn't even respond to either of the stupid people in the booth,they are in the booth because they can neither pitch, nor teach anyone how to pitch.Unless it's through a Civil Attorney in a filing of defamation of character lawsuit against th two dimwits and their employers.

Leave Mariano out of this discussion.

He doesn't go to his forearm for rosin or anything else.

This is between the Jays announcers and the Sox.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

At first look I could tell it was rosin mixed with the sweat on his arm. Pretty heavy accusation to make with little to no proof. careless on Dirks part.

I'm in no position to comment

1 way or another

only that the soaking hair does make one wonder

enough to open the conversation

Yup, just like the time when there was a video clip floating around Mo's spitting on the ball right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

By that reasoning, just because you accuse Dirk Hayhurst and Jack Morris of wrongdoing does not make your accusations valid ... or worth discussing.

I regret that you've lost your objectivity.

Warm regards.

Hill have you watched the video from nesn because its pretty Damn clear that he wasn't cheating. Second if he was you think not a single blue jays hitter would have seen anything? Your not being objective your being belligerent. Fact of the matter is that the sox are in first and the blue jays are in last. In a pathetic attempt to remain relevant some of the blue jays media is trying to stir the pot. Shame on them for trying to damper the fantastic job done by buch so far, and Shame on you for pushing this bs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Hill is funny he tought the Mariners would be better than the Sox. Now the Sox are the best team in baseball he needs to take half fact to be like see I told you they really aren't that good. He has also said in the past he does what he can, so not to be held accountable.