Buchholz feelings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Buchholz feelings

BOSTON -- Sidelined since early June by a strained bursa sac in his right shoulder, Red Sox starter Clay Buchholz said Thursday that he doesn't want anyone to think he's soft.

"People are saying I'm weak. I want to be out there. I was having the best year of my baseball career," he said.

Here is the complete article:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/9529920/clay-buchholz-boston-red-sox-bristles-talk-weak

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Buchholz feelings

Only some RS fans believe he is soft and maybe some Boston writers

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Who is Clay Buchholz?  Does he pitch for the Red Sox.  I don't think so.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

I believe he's soft. Don't squeeze the CHARMINS.

Then go down there and tell him that.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

No way. If i hurt his feelings, he'd be out for another 6 months. Btw, why do defend a player who puts himself above the team? You had no trouble abusing Beckett; what makes buckhole any better?

How is putting himself before the team? Just because he handled an injury different then you would?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The real good news in there is that he seems to be making decent progress.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

BOSTON -- Sidelined since early June by a strained bursa sac in his right shoulder, Red Sox starter Clay Buchholz said Thursday that he doesn't want anyone to think he's soft.

"People are saying I'm weak. I want to be out there. I was having the best year of my baseball career," he said.

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/9529920/clay-buchholz-boston-red-sox-bristles-talk-weak

I just don't think Buchholz has the physical make up to ever go 200 innings.  We need him down the stretch to get through one of the toughest schedules in baseball, hopefully he can come through for us.  The question is whether he can come close to picking up where he left off being out so long.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

I just don't think Buchholz has the physical make up to ever go 200 innings.  We need him down the stretch to get through one of the toughest schedules in baseball, hopefully he can come through for us.  The question is whether he can come close to picking up where he left off being out so long.

I think that's part of the reason they're working him back slowly.

If they just put him out therei in a week., like some fans seem to want, he'd probably get shelled.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I'm beginning to think more and more than listening to the Sox FO is like listening to Bill Belechik's injury report:  They both tell you what they want you to think.

Keeping in mind that since Buch is bought and paid for by the Sox, he says what he's told to say about injuries.   

"I picked up the baby wrong and did something to my neck.  It's nothing."

"I slept on it wrong.  It'll be fine."

"It still doesn't feel right, but it's not anything to worry about.  I'm only going to miss this one start."

"It just needs a little rest.  I'm only going to miss a couple of starts."

...and now it's been almost two months. 

But wait!

I understand that as Pedey said about his thumb, the Sox don't want the opposition knowing about every injury.  It's called "gamesmanship" and I'm fine with it, really I am. 

I'm just learning to not believe everything that comes out of the FO mouths, and if you don't believe everything you can't believe anything.  We need to understand that this is all a part of the game, sit back and enjoy the ride, and pay no attention to what the FO tells us. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I'm beginning to think more and more than listening to the Sox FO is like listening to Bill Belechik's injury report:  They both tell you what they want you to think.

Keeping in mind that since Buch is bought and paid for by the Sox, he says what he's told to say about injuries.   

"It still doesn't feel right, but it's not anything to worry about.  I'm only going to miss this one start."

But wait!

I understand that as Pedey said about his thumb, the Sox don't want the opposition knowing about every injury.  It's called "gamesmanship" and I'm fine with it, really I am. 

I'm just learning to not believe everything that comes out of the FO mouths, and if you don't believe everything you can't believe anything.  We need to understand that this is all a part of the game, sit back and enjoy the ride, and pay no attention to what the FO tells us. 

Your right & I agree ..........   Buchholz is a "hard read", has anyone ben able to understand Buch since he has been here ?????   Frail, for sure, and one heck of a pitcher, "when right"  !!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to S5's comment:

But wait!

Your right & I agree ..........   Buchholz is a "hard read", has anyone ben able to understand Buch since he has been here ?????   Frail, for sure, and one heck of a pitcher, "when right"  !!!!!!

Phew.  That was close!  When I first read Bill's first sentence I said, "Oh no.  Bill agrees with me.  There goes my credibility on the board".  But in reading the rest of what he had to say I can now see that Bill had no idea what the post was really about.  So all is well. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

I agree.  I don't see him ever really being able to contribute for an entire season.  He is a great pitcher but is never healthy. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

according the the idiots in Boston and on this site, Clay is not allowed to be happy that the sox won. People here are a joke  ( not all of you, just the Clay whiners)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I'm sure Buccholz got so excited that his team won that he forgot his own physical condition and started to celebrate with his teammates.

For some to say that Buccholz is soft is a bunch of monkey dung.  I'm sure most of us would not even be good enough to play in single-A let alone, deal with the Boston media.  So let's give Buchholz more support and wish him a fast and full recovery.   Laughing 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I'm sure Buccholz got so excited that his team won that he forgot his own physical condition and started to celebrate with his teammates.

For some to say that Buccholz is soft is a bunch of monkey dung.  I'm sure most of us would not even be good enough to play in single-A let alone, deal with the Boston media.  So let's give Buchholz more support and wish him a fast and full recovery.   Laughing 

excellent post. so sick of these media thugs and clay haters. The kid needs to heal. He`s been under the gun ever since Jack Morris spouted his venom on the air.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

And please tell me from a physiology and anatomy position why it is dangerous for him to jog onto a field and celebrate.  And why that puts stress on him and does not differentiate from the max effort delivery that triggers his condition.  How is a celebration FUNCTIONAL to his condition?  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

excellent post. so sick of these media thugs and clay haters. The kid needs to heal. He`s been under the gun ever since Jack Morris spouted his venom on the air.

Agree...Does anyone think he really wants to be out after a 9-0 start? Ive said before that his body type might not be able to handle the workload of a MLB starting pitcher over a full year. That doesnt mean hes soft, but it means hes going to miss a few games every year and probably be around 180IP a year.

If your 5'8 and 160LBS and are a pro wrestler you should expect to get hurt more often then the guy 6'2 220. Thats not soft, just depends on the activity and body type. Clay is a tall, slender guy and does not have the build of a lackey or a Lester who have a taller, stalkier build to withstand the stress a starting MLB pitcher puts on his body every year. It is what it is. Im not saying every pitcher with Clays build is like this, but its more likely to happen to a power pitcher with that build. Its laughable that most here wouldnt dare call some of these guy the names that they call them here hiding behind their keyboard and monitor.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Clay is a major league pitcher for a team that is in the middle of a pennant race.  How can anyone believe that he prefers sitting on the bench over getting out there in a game?  Sure, he's going to collect his paycheck either way, but I can't imagine that he enjoys not playing the games.  IMO, no one wants him out there more than he wants to be out there himself.

At any rate, the Sox are playing well and fortunately, they have not really needed Clay.  As of now, they can afford to take it slowly with him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Buchs weak?  Or did you say Buch will be back in a week? Report now coming out that Buch admits he hurt his shoulder When he was fooling around with his wife. He stated that she beat him arm wrestling and felt something in his neck pop. Was affraid that team would think he was weak. Just getting this report now . Does seem strange to wait until now to come out? Wow ! Whats up with that !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

No way. If i hurt his feelings, he'd be out for another 6 months. Btw, why do defend a player who puts himself above the team? You had no trouble abusing Beckett; what makes buckhole any better?

YES ! Good Comback !! love it

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

And please tell me from a physiology and anatomy position why it is dangerous for him to jog onto a field and celebrate.  And why that puts stress on him and does not differentiate from the max effort delivery that triggers his condition.  How is a celebration FUNCTIONAL to his condition?  

Anybody can answer this quesiton if they so feel inclined to have an actual conversation.

Sections
Shortcuts